1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    It's the EAST FINALS Game 2 as Tatum and the Celtics host Haliburton and the Pacers. Join us as we watch the NBA playoffs together...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Source: Chance Dwight comes to Houston growing

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, May 9, 2013.

1. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

The only thing the Lakers can do to reel in Kobe is amnesty his butt. And I believe they dont have the ballz to do that.

It's weird how at the beginning of the playoffs I really thought the Rockets had no shot at signing Dwight and he was a lock to go back to the Lakers. How things quickly change. It feels like there is no other option than Dwight going to Houston at this point if he truly wants to win.

2. kuku

kuku Contributing Member

I wanna say this about Dwight. Last July, GARM was so much about acquiring Dwight.

After Nets window closed on Dwight, I was absolutely convinced that he would end up with Lakers. I didn't understand about the CBA back them and persistently asked question on Lakers salaries, possible trades, and amnesty on how it could be done. (not sure if any one of you remember my persistence)

Most of you rejected the possibility, saying how improbable he will end up as a Laker, and how Houston had the best deal. blah blah...

Well, Dwight did end up as a Laker.

I am saying now that, from all the telltale signs, Kobe is the x-factor in Dwight's free agency. D'Antoni's system is just a puppet. When Dwight was unhappy about D'Antoni's system, he was indirectly unhappy about the puppeteer Kobe.

Pay attention to what Kobe does and say before 1st.

Yes, Houston has a better chance winning a title within the next few years, but what guarantee does he have winning a title? None! Remember this: the chance of winning in Houton is greater than LA but never guaranteed.

3. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Well unless the Lakers amnesty Kobe, he ain't going any where. No way he's retiring and no way the Lakers are going to get him to retire for Dwight lol. NO WAY in hell is that happening.

"Kobe, if you could just retire and let Dwight have the team..." how do you think that conversation is going to go?

4. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

Comparing this to last year with Dwight is apples and oranges. Last year was a complicated calculus of possible trade packages relative to the leverage applied by Dwight and Dan Fegan. The Rockets did have the best trade package... but Hennigan was reluctant to cross Fegan. The Nets were the preferred destination but had the worst package. A multi-team deal involving the Lakers was the compromise. It was a complex equation, and while many of us thought Hennigan would have more stones than he ultimately did, no one besides President Romney's chief of staff jopatmc thought it was an open-and-shut case.

This year? It's incredibly simple. Dwight is a free agent and the Rockets, among other teams, will have max-salary cap room. It's just a matter of what he wants to do. In terms of winning, no, nothing is guaranteed. In theory, the Bobcats could win the NBA title next year. In reality, the Rockets have the best chance of contending over the near-term of any team on Dwight's "list", and that seems to be what he cares most about.

5. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

I went to the Tristar show at Reliant yesterday to meet James/Chandler. The guy in front of me in the autograph line asked James whether we were going to get Dwight... that got a half-smile & a "we'll see."

6. basketballholic

There was only one reason Dwight was not in Houston last July. Because Fegan caught entrapped Alex Martens in his own words and Martens didn't have the capacity to do anything about it. Fegan torqued Martins' words out of the context Martins said them in and threatened to shut the Magic out of any future contracts with his clients. Martens took the bait and sent Dwight to LA at his wishes. Dwight opted in and was not traded as a result but then Fegan dictated the Lakers off season move still in hopes of getting Dwight to Brooklyn via LA. The Nets then foolishly signed Kris Humphries to a 2-yr deal and knocked themselves out of a chance to acquire Dwight this summer. (Unless they have an agreed to salary dump of same said Kris Humphries.)

So Dwight should have been here last summer. That he is on the precipice of coming here this summer and that if he doesn't it's not a killer to this organization is an outstanding testament to Morey's genius. Very simply, Morey doesn't make mistakes very often and when he does make them he always make them in such a way that he can clean up the mess quickly. We haven't had a long-term untradable contract in the 6 years he has been here. That's an awesome record. And now we're on the verge of becoming championship contenders without ever having drafted one time at the top of the draft.

I would have never believed we would be this close to getting Dwight again. I thought after the Laker deal that he was gone and our window was gone. But because Morey retains value assets and trades them at a premium...here we sit, in the catbirds seat, about to get Dwight...or about to get somebody else (it's just a matter of time).

7. Rockets0515

Rockets0515 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>@<a href="https://twitter.com/chandlerparsons">chandlerparsons</a> would you want Dwight to sign with the rockets this offseason?</p>&mdash; Ramon Flores (@Rayflow23) <a href="https://twitter.com/Rayflow23/status/341280401710526464">June 2, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>@<a href="https://twitter.com/rayflow23">rayflow23</a> yep, who wouldn't ??</p>&mdash; Chandler Parsons (@ChandlerParsons) <a href="https://twitter.com/ChandlerParsons/status/341281363133100032">June 2, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

8. Swishh

Swishh Member

Not really anything exciting here, he's right..who wouldn't?

9. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I'd say most Laker fans, but that number is dwindling.

10. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Oh, please. You post this stuff like it's fact, and it's pure speculation on your part, which is no different from what numerous others have already speculated, except you keep repeating the gist of their posts over and over again, and toss in these inane comments as fact, when they are anything but. As for asking me to read "the last couple of pages" so I will "understand" what "we" are discussing? Sorry, but I have to laugh. You are either assuming that I haven't, or you are assuming that your posts would bring me enlightenment, when they amount to stuff I've already gleaned from posts by members I actually respect.

If you read more and posted less, eventually you might come up with an original thought, along with some of that respect I mentioned. Just a suggestion. With all due respect.

#1670 Deckard, Jun 2, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  11. 11Rox4Life3

11Rox4Life3 Member

what bout asik? :(

12. Fair Dinkum

Fair Dinkum Member

With all due respect, you asked for a link as if we were talking fact. I told you to read the last two pages because you would've realized that.

When I offered the opinion that Chris Paul might want join Houston to form a BIG 3 if Dwight comes, it is just speculation. We were talking about how we could force a trade of Asik and Lin to get Chris Paul if he really wanted to come. It was interesting to me and the people who were participating in the discussion. You obviously were not following when you asked for a link.

Why do you get so upset so quickly? Get off your high horse! If you don't like my posts then use the ignore button stupid! I don't care about YOU'RE RESPECT! I have enough people that supported me by sending rep points and nice comments last time you attacked me. So keep it up, waste your time. Are you seriously trying to push someone around on an Internet forum? What do you think, I'm some teenage kid? I'm not going away and I've got all the time in the world so I suggest you use the ignore button if you don't like what I have to say.

13. bgrice

bgrice Member

haven't been able to post lately but i still have to give cyberx my apologies. after all that has come out in recent days cyberx has been proven to be legit and i was WAYYYY off for doubting you. please forgive me and my idiot ways bro. sooooo, any updates? lol

14. supa

supa Contributing Member

While I think part of your post is probably true the part about Humphries is a little off as he is also represented by Fegan. Why would Fegan set up the Nets to be over the S&T limit if his ultimate plan was to have them trade for Howard??

15. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

In fairness to Deckard you posted that CP3 was only interested in teaming with D12 in Houston as if it had been reported as a fact.

16. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I'm not upset with you, goofus. I'm tired of having to wade through your posts, replete with their lack of originality. I'm not attempting to "push you around," but rather attempting to give you some advice, advice you clearly have no interest in. Fine. Continue as you are. You say you aren't going away, but in fact you are. I'm going to fulfill your wish and place you on ignore, and you can believe that I'm not the only member to do so. There is no logical reason for you to have 113 posts in this thread, and 106 in the other major thread about Howard and his possible move to Houston. As for you being "a teenage kid," I have no idea if you are or not. You frequently post as if you are, but putting that aside, my beef with you pertains to the sheer volume of your posts, not their content. I can ignore the content, or rather the lack of original content, without placing you on ignore. What I can't put up with is the number of your posts, which considerably slows down reading the two threads I mentioned.

So yes, you are going somewhere. You're going on ignore. Adios, hijo varĂ³n.

3 people like this.
  17. topfive

topfive CF OG

Don't piss him off, Deckard. If you do, he wont post his "plan" again for the umpteenth time, to make sure everyone sees how brilliant and complete it is.

18. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Thanks for the advice, topfive. Much appreciated, but the cat is now in The Twilight Zone. He should feel good about himself. I have very few members there, having a high tolerance for pain. ;-)-

19. Vivid

Vivid Member

Wait, what plan? Has it even been posted in this thread yet?

20. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

113 in one thread? Good god.......