1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets lone draft pick #34 2013 NBA draft

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by Progs, Apr 14, 2013.

1. Rocket Booster

You are stupid.

2. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

Stay classy, San Diego.

1 person likes this.
  3. Da Wink

Da Wink Member

any news on the houston workouts?

4. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

How has that Jan Ves>Blake thing turned out? :grin:

5. redhotrox

redhotrox Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Colorado State center Colton Iverson worked out for the Houston Rockets yesterday. He'll be in Dallas with the Mavericks tomorrow.</p>&mdash; Matt L. Stephens (@MattStephens) <a href="https://twitter.com/MattStephens/status/340147135041384448">May 30, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

6. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Lining them up for #34;).

7. Greg M

Greg M Member

Hard nosed player. Hell of a rebounder. Worthy at 34? I guess if you're looking for 8-10 min a game from a big man. Could do worse.

8. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Do you guys consider Archie Goodwin a steal at #34?

9. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

Issac David Haasmann from Australia, 6'1" guard that is a defensive beast, excellent rebounder, can hit the 3, take it to the rack & has a decent mid range game...

Could really use the cash as well...

10. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

I think what we all hope and pray for as rocket fans is that Morey doesnt duplicate the 2008 draft when he took Joey Dorsey (the self proclaimed Ray Lewis of basketball LOL) at #33 while passing on Mario Chalmers #34, DeAndre Jordon #35 and last but not least Omer Asik at #36. Jordan and Asik were very nice bigs to work with the Vipers ect. and bring up over time. I know hindsight is 20-20 but Im hoping the rockets dont pick another tweener undersized big.

11. TriCkz

TriCkz Member

Heard he is the Royce White of Australia.

1 person likes this.
  12. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Houston will be giving this pick away to dump salary for Dwight.

13. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

Second round pick does not count against cap. Player selected with pick does not count against cap until he signs. Very doubtful Rockets give up this pick as they will need players to keep bench warm.

14. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

I mean this pick will be a sweetener to dump the salary owed to White and/or Robinson.

15. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

Maybe for White, but even then the Rockets will use other assets first like the pair of Knicks second rounders. There is a decent chance the Rockets may need the second round pick for practices.

16. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

Don't know if they will give it away like you say, but I would think they either use the #34 pick on a player, trade back down in 2nd round if they think they player they want will still be there while picking up another asset or trade up to say #33 or #31 with Cleveland. Cleveland also owns the #1 and #19 picks and I would surmise they dont use all four of those picks. If there is any way the Rockets could dump Royce White in this draft I see them doing it without hesitation.

17. haoafu

haoafu Contributing Member

Trob would likely net us the 2 second rounders from Cav, and we should have a lot of flexibility going forward.

18. Rocket_4_Life

Rocket_4_Life Member

Draft Express currently has Glen Rice Jr at 34. I really don't think he'll drop that low, but that would be awesome. If we're not able to pick him up, I'd like to get either James Ennis (athlete/all-around game) or LIVIO JEAN-CHARLES (length at 3/all-around game). Both these guys are really solid. I'd prefer Rice however. Regardless, we should get a solid player at 34.

19. haoafu

haoafu Contributing Member

James Ennis is the best one out of the three you mentioned IMO.

20. Big Red Machine

I would, yes.

He's from the same area as me, graduated from same high school. Kid just got too caught up in the whole Calipari/Kentucky/national spotlight thing. He had pretty much already decided he was going pro before he even got on campus.

He's not near NBA-ready, but when he is.....he'll be a player for someone. He has nice athleticism and he's the youngest prospect in the draft. There's nothing wrong with the mechanics on his shot, either, so he can easily work on that. Not a player that probably makes an impact for the Rockets for a year or two, but he has great potential.