1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ESPN: Dwight Howard Reportedly Attracted to Omer Asik as a Front Court Partner?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, May 29, 2013.

1. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Perhaps if you lose the attitude that you have to post dozens of times in every thread. Of course, I'm not a mod, so it isn't my call. Make a contribution and you can search, you can edit, and on those now rare occasions when the site is flooded with traffic, which used to happen a lot, you're still allowed to post. There are other benefits, not the least of which is having more respect from those that are contributing members.

2. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

The FT shooting would be pure comedy down the stretch.

3. haydenfisher342

want to know what gasol, mark, and zbo have that asik doesnt? A JUMPER! any team would sag off and front Howard if asiks out high

4. Fair Dinkum

Fair Dinkum Member

Are their something wrong with my posts? What's the correct attitude? I should aim to get the respect of contributing members? I thought I could get the respect of everyone by good posts.

1 person likes this.
  5. Moonscope

Moonscope Member

Hey Fair Dinkum: I think your posts have been quite good. I look forward to your thoughts as I think they are top 10% on this board.

6. Moonscope

Moonscope Member

That said, I find it suspiciously interesting that you joined March 2013. Could you be in Dwight's inner circle and have joined this forum for insider information leading up to his decision of going to the Rockets?

hahahahahaahaha, but maybe....

7. Fair Dinkum

Fair Dinkum Member

Thanks for the support Moonscope.

The Anonymity of fan forums is something I treasure and would not want to relinquish (as with most people on this board I suspect)

I've actually plugged in all the cap numbers into an excel spreadsheet to more easily work through some trade scenarios. Will post soon when I get time.

Cheers :cool:

8. Jontro

Jontro Member

Dwight says he doesn't like PnR... Mauri says no to Dwight.

Already drama during speculation. I can't imagine the drama once he signs here.

9. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I'll give you an example, and preface it by saying that it isn't the "quality" of your posts, but rather that you very frequently repeat what was already posted by someone else, sometimes multiple someone elses. In the "[CBS Sports] Howard no lock for Lakers; interested in Rockets" thread, you currently have 101 posts. The thread starter, J.R., you know, the OP, has 77, and except for a couple of other members with your posting habits, the number of posts per member in that thread after J.R. drops dramatically. All I'm saying, and I'm not alone in thinking this way, is that you don't have to say every darn thing that pops into your head. Read the threads. Quite often, what you're posted, as I noted before, has already been posted in one form or another.

Look, that's the main problem I have with you. Maybe it's just me, but it's gotten to where I just skim past your posts, because there are so many of them, and you aren't saying anything original. Slow down and work towards quality posts, and I think you'll have more attention paid to you by members like me. It's a suggestion, make of it what you will. And you are certainly not the only member doing that sort of thing. :)-

10. Naija Texan

Naija Texan Member

Eh, I don't care if he wants to have Omer Asik's babies, if he wants to play with Asik, he should know he will basically be playing the PF position because Asik's limited offense can means he'd be a less effective offensive weapon and the team is going to need Howard to step up offensively more effectively then he has not being the focal point of the team with Harden dominating the ball.

11. Fair Dinkum

Fair Dinkum Member

Dwight actually said (as reported through multiple sources ;) he doesn't like an offense exclusively centered around the PnR. He was mainly having a go at MDA because MDA doesn't believe in post play.

Yeah, its crazy we talking about this more than a month out from July 10 but to be honest I'm having fun. Much rather be talking about building the future of a rockets team dynasty than the stupid Lin debates.

I don't mind the drama so much if the team performs on the court. I couldn't stand "The Worm" and all his off-court drama but couldn't help rooting for the bulls when I watched them play.

12. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

It's ok. Our offense is built around the iso. :p

13. BeardsOnParade

in what alternate universe does greg smith have a decent jumper?

14. RayStats34

RayStats34 Member

I think asik and howard can work...like griffin and jordan for the clippers....jordan has no outside game and griffin is not a good mid range shooter...in fact griffin and howard have similar offensive games except howard is 2 inches taller.

15. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

Uh, Griffin and Jordan got as far in the playoffs as we did. They did not work.

16. Rockets12

Rockets12 Member

I think he is secretly attracted to playing with Parsons

17. RayStats34

RayStats34 Member

I just used those two to compare styles......howard is better than griffin and asik is better than jordan, we would a better team than the clippers.

18. dje243

dje243 Member

High pick and roll...

19. oakdogg

oakdogg Contributing Member

One factor I haven't read mentioned is whether we can get fair value for Asik if we were to trade for him. How many PF's out there are on such a favorable contract that we would actually win a trade for Asik? I don't want to make a trade that we lose on, just because of position needs.

20. Fair Dinkum

Fair Dinkum Member

Thanks for your opinion. But the frequency of my posts are mainly due to getting in conversations with people over a topic which may just have one or two sentence replies and you dont have to join the conversation if you don't want to.

I try to write longer posts with quantitative and qualitative analysis every 3-4 days and they have been well received (I have about 100 rep points thingies over the past few weeks). At least some people are appreciative.

About posting 100 times in the CBS Dwight thread... well if you haven't figured out by my sig, Howard to Houston is my main topic of interest and I have been following it closer than most. I felt I have contributed a lot to that thread and also received good comments and several rep points from the OP (JR), even though we disagree - see how that works.

I don't deliberately duplicate posts. Sometimes there are so many threads on similar topics that its hard to know what has been posted. I don't think I should be singled out for that as many people make the same mistake.

Anyways, because my job is not that difficult during the off-season and I'm stuck in-front of the computer doing research and writing reports, Clutch Fans is one of the only things that keep me sane. I've moved a TV into my office and watching all the Rockets games once more through but its getting kinda boring... just back ground noise. Around September I'll be extremely busy so you only have to put up with me for 3 more months Hoooo!!! :grin: