1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jeremy Lin Appreciation Thread, Rockets 2012-13 Season

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Second_Cousin, May 18, 2013.

1. King1

King1 Contributing Member

Actually, yes it is. Nash is a two time MVP and Stockton is one of the best pgs of all time. I can easily tell you that Trey Burke can average at least 14 and 6 this year. That's not outlandish at all. I'm not "talking out of my ass" as you so elequently put it.

I just did.

You're illustrating my point perfectly and doing exactly what you said I was going to do to you. The differce is I backed up my claim as you asked and you dismissed my coimments as trolling. You're obviously not a very intelligent individual. Maybe you should log off the computer and take a brisk walk.

2. slestack11

slestack11 Member

The statements about Lin being in the category of PG's such as Nash, Stockton, and Parker is no more ridiculous than the many posts about how Harden is third only to Lebron and Durant as a franchise player. But this is a Rockets fan board so what do people expect?

3. King1

Yeah, they are. Harden is at least an All-Star player and one of the best SGs in the game. Is he he the third best player in the league? Of course not, but it's nowhere near the idiocy of comparing Lin to Stockton, Nash and Parker. I think every team overrates their players and that's cool. On the flipside, we're also going to be much harder on our players then others. I do expect people to be able to deal in reality though. That's not asking a lot. It doesn't just apply to Lin either. We have people who wouldn't trade Parsons for the number 1 pick in the draft

If I'm being honest, I haven't seen the posts saying Harden is the third best player in the league. Can you link me to a few?

4. zdrav

zdrav Member

Lin's problem wasn't that the Rockets relied on him too much. His problem was that Rockets relied on him too little and relied on Harden too much.

There's a reason why the Rockets actually on more when Lin had higher TO's. Lin needs the ball more, even if it means taking more risks.

1 person likes this.
  5. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

He was less than a non factor in the playoffs.

6. zdrav

zdrav Member

Many people compared Lin to Nash/Stockton because of his style of play, not because of his talent level.

Besides, there's a whole thread comparing Lin to Conley, which I always thought was one of the best comparisons out there. Perhaps you should pay more attention to those threads instead of becoming selectively outraged by some of the most far-out comments made by Lin's most ignorant fans.

7. RickyNewport

RickyNewport Member

There could be many reasons the Rockets won when Lin had higher turnovers, cannot pin point it on one thing. Just like they won without him in his turnovers in the playoffs. And there were regular season games that the Rockets won when Lin only had a few turnovers.

8. Parpar2j

Parpar2j Member

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/i2jVY1mavr0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

1 person likes this.
  9. Fair Dinkum

Fair Dinkum Member

Nice video. What's that song? Nice music.

10. slestack11

slestack11 Member

Check out that thread about Harden being top 6 player to build franchise around. There are a few in there.

11. Parpar2j

Parpar2j Member

Radioactive

12. Fair Dinkum

Fair Dinkum Member

Is that the group or the song or both?

13. King1

You replace Parker with Lin and the Spurs are lucky to win a game

14. Fair Dinkum

Fair Dinkum Member

But you replace Parker with Beverley and the Spurs are a lock to win the Championship. ;)

15. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Appreciation threads on Clutchfans is usually reserved for players who are LEAVING THE TEAM.

16. Fair Dinkum

Fair Dinkum Member

Looks like things changed with this one.

Can you lock it down tinman?

17. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

i just found it funny or sad or both at the same time.

18. Faithful123

Faithful123 Member

Gave him sometime. He just started first full season. And his inconsistency was caused by coach benching him a lot and not used him in right way.

19. Faithful123

Faithful123 Member

Because he got injured and could't play like himself. He should not even in playoffs but he insisted in playing.

20. King1

On Beverley, I'm of the opinion he's a solid backup PG. Really good defender and hustle guy. A lot like Norris Cole for the Heat right now.