1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jeremy Lin Appreciation Thread, Rockets 2012-13 Season

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Second_Cousin, May 18, 2013.

1. King1

King1 Contributing Member

Meh. Much rather have Trey Burke.

2. AVoiceInACrowd

It says Chris at the top. Is that Chris Paul?

3. AVoiceInACrowd

I'd rather have Chris Paul, Lebron James and Kevin Durant on the team.

So your point is?

4. SugarLandDream8

The Rockets don't make the playoffs without Lin. Jazz takes the 8th spot. Beverly was a mid-season addition and did not really play meaningful minutes till March. Brooks was a late season addition and did not play till the playoffs when Lin was hurt. Douglas was OK during his time here but not as good as Lin. Jeremy was a solid starting PG this year. Around 14 ppg, 6 apg, 1.8 spg for $5 million salary (money Lin received not cap hold).

5. King1

Did you just compare Trey Burke to KD, LeBron and CP3?

I thought I was a big fan being from Detroit but I guess you've trumped me in those regards.

Burke could be a feasible option if we could dump Lin on a team who needed marketing money and wasn't paying attention to talent (Morey has proven he can pull this off).

6. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

As was pointed out, 'appreciation threads' get posted on Clutchfans when a player or coach leaves the team.

Current players get enough attention (in some cases, enough to last several years).

7. AVoiceInACrowd

Lol, of course I did. Because, they are all alike in that none of them will be with Houston next year, but that's about as far as it goes.

8. Fair Dinkum

Fair Dinkum Member

9. King1

So let me ask you this; would you rather have Burke or Ln?

10. King1

You are a hideous poster

11. trowa2

trowa2 Member

the dude should just go to wallstreet if he doesnt step up next season.

12. slestack11

slestack11 Member

Last off season, I thought Jeremy Lin would have been better off in the big city than Houston, but I actually think going to the rockets was good for him...aside from getting paid big money for a few weeks work. If he were still on the Knicks, the tide would have shifted from Cinderella story to unrealistic expectations. Much like the crazy laker media circus, NYC would definitely raise the bar and open the door to criticism. Moving to the rockets has pretty much taken him out of the news and let him focus on basketball.

Lin seems to always be seen as the Asian player good and bad, but he does happen to be a 6'3" pg with pretty good speed and an improving jumpshot. He was California high school player of the year and received no division 1 scholarships...dominated at Harvard including huge games vs uconn, but did not get drafted into nba...it wasn't until he outplayed John wall in summer league before teams actually look beyond his ethnicity. Rockets already let him go once before so some other team will certainly benefit if Houston does it again.

13. apcgamb24

apcgamb24 Member

Lol are you serious? I like Burke a lot but Lin is much better atm

14. apcgamb24

apcgamb24 Member

Wow you really disrespect Lin as a basketball player lol smh

15. Parpar2j

Parpar2j Member

the last Scene came from this vid
    <iframe width="853" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/u3cfLvCsm54" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Hope you enjoy it

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/i2jVY1mavr0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

16. AVoiceInACrowd

The obvious choice is Burke who will likely go in the top 5, potentially at #2 to Orlando, but it's considered a weak draft year. History has been good to pgs in the top 5. You have Paul, Westbrook, and Conley all going at the #4 spot in recent years (Not going to mention the #1 picks since they are obvious and Burke won't go #1). Only notable exception I can think of being Felton (#5), who has a bad work ethic. Burke will also make around 5 million a year for the next 3 years. If I were a GM, it's easy, I'd take Burke. You can't pass up on that potential even if Burke ends up like Felton.

But since I'm only a fan, I'm gonna go the homer route and say Lin.:)

Alright, my turn to ask you a question. What assets will Houston have to give up to get a potential #2 draft pick?

17. AVoiceInACrowd

Lol. Ahh, thanks.

18. slestack11

slestack11 Member

How about james harden? Many mock drafts have Burke going to the hornets. I think New Orleans would go for a harden/Anthony Davis core. May even part with Eric gordan and their pick. Then rockets can turn around and deal lin and parsons to lakers for gasol. This would give rockets a back court of trey Burke and Eric gordan with pau gasol and asik down low.

19. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Who are we appreciating?

20. CasaDolce

CasaDolce Rookie

Appreciated, Appreciating, Will Appreciate.