1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden or Paul George?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by SidDaKid, May 12, 2013.

1. SidDaKid

SidDaKid Member

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/6e81Zvp1gPc?feature=player_embedded" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

2. ksny15

ksny15 Member

3. ComeBack

ComeBack Member

I knew this before the heat series but I would take George. Just because he is the more complete player. Harden is the better offensive player but George can give you lock down defense when you need to and his offensive game isn't as poor as Harden's defensive game. If only Harden could get to above avg or avg defender level.....

4. thedude077

thedude077 Member

Who else thinks Morey should do his magic and make a trade for Paul George in the future?
    Harden + Paul George = Dynasty

5. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Harden was ranked 3rd in the league behind LBj and I can't remember who else in estimated wins added at 13 that's ridiculous

6. TRAV

TRAV Member

george all day

1 person likes this.
  7. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Its harden but it's close. Harden is not clearly better than George.

8. roxallways

roxallways Member
    Supporting Member

Harden. Everyone jumping on the George bandwagon is a classic example of "what have you done for me lately". The only category that George is significantly better than Harden in is defense. George is not close to Harden level as a consistent, elite scorer. You replace Harden on this year's Rockets with George and the Rox don't make the playoffs in the West.

2 people like this.
  9. Spooner

Spooner Member

This.

10. wekko368

wekko368 Member

Also, b/c of his height and length, George is much better at creating a good look for himself at the end of the shot clock.

11. CasaDolce

CasaDolce Rookie

George everyday and twice on game days ;)

1 person likes this.
  12. TheBeard

TheBeard Member

george is a complete player.....i am taking him.

13. dragonz

dragonz Member

Parsons = poor man's George

Harden = something greater

14. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

George just won most improved player; his career is over.

15. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

As somebody above pointed out, soooooooo much "what have you done for me lately" thinking on here...

16. roxallways

roxallways Member
    Supporting Member

Yes George's length is an advantage but this advantage hasn't translated to more points on an elite level. George with his tools could be averaging at least 20 ppg. He's coming into his own in these playoffs and has given Lebron some trouble on both ends with his length at times.

17. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

Elite offensive wing players have more value than elite defensive wing players. Harden is better.

18. larry cook

larry cook Member

At this point Harden is the better player. I don't think George would of been enough to put this team in the play offs in the West. If Harden was in his place I see him lighting up the Heat but Lebron would have exploited him as well. George neutralizes the best wings in Dwade and Bron while Harden wouldn't stand a chance. Lebron would find easier looks for teammates and penetrate much more vs Harden. George is the better defender but hardens offense is much more potent, don't forget he was in considerations for MVP the first half of the season. Without Bron, Durant, or Melo in the league Harden would probably be the future MVP of the league a few times while Paul George would only be seen as a superstar.

19. Skyhoop

Skyhoop Member

They're both young. Give them time to develop some more before passing final judgement.

20. TheGreat

TheGreat Member

It's close. I think PG has more potential at this point.