1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Suns interviewing J.B. Bickerstaff for Head Coach Job

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tallanvor, May 22, 2013.

1. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Coach Nepotism has always sounded very smart when he does those in-game TV interviews, not a surprise given that he's the Inheritor of the Staff of Bicker.

2. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

dude doesn't even have a wikipedia page.

3. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

I have always known the assistant coaches but I don't know of him. I know of Sampson but I can't recall this dude :confused::confused:

4. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

at least our D-league is still intact? :confused:

5. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

click on my chandler parsons' gif

you can see him saying "gawd dammit"

6. hello2

hello2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Boston assistant Ty Lue and Rio Grande head coach Nick Nurse are candidates for assistant coaching job in Toronto, league sources tell Y!</p>&mdash; Adrian Wojnarowski (@WojYahooNBA) <a href="https://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA/status/337188137686142976">May 22, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

7. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

I thought the Suns took our players first? If it wasn't for still having Brooks on the roster, I think the Suns would have more combined games started as a Rocket than the Rockets.

8. heypartner

lols.

9. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Are the Rockets interviewing any potential replacements for the assistant coaches or are they waiting until one of them gets a head job first before seeking out replacements?

10. heypartner

Seriously doubt it. First, who would interview for a non-vacant position? B, it might be a breach of contract between employer and staff.

But yeah, you should start a thread questioning Morey's competency in filling our future assistant coach gap. WE ARE LOSING OUT ON ALL THE BEST CANDIDATES!!!

11. meh

meh Contributing Member

When I first read that some people haven't heard of him, I was surprised because he seems to be the one doing the half-time interview every game. But then I remembered CSN and it all makes sense again.

Seriously though. Morey found Sampson and Bickerstaff just last offseason. He found McHale 2 years ago back when McHale's resume was simply a LOL GM and interim coach. If he found them before, he'll find them again. Unlike star players, coaches are NOT irreplacable commodities.

12. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

ok...........

wtf!

13. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

Have the Rockets given permission to Chris Finch to interview with the Sixers? no word yet