1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets should not go after Dwight!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by typhooonn, May 13, 2013.

1. RickyNewport

RickyNewport Member

Injuries my friend along with Kobe taking 65% of the teams shots. All that needs to be factored in that equation. Some of those games he took less than 10 shot bruh..[/QUOTE]

Only took ten shots...That's how Howard is... He would do the same with Orlando. Check his game log in the finals against the Lakers. He had games like that too. And that's because when teams have the bodies to push him away from the basket it's practically useless to pass him the ball because he has no game away from the basket and it's more teams in the west that have the bodies to throw at him. Now if he was huge and over powering like Shaq where he couldn't be pushed _ I would have my "Bring Howard To Houston" T shirt on...

By no means am I saying we wouldn't be better with Howard... We would _ no doubt. But I believe Howard will stay around his career average 18-20 ppg and I believe Asik will post around 15 ppg... The gap is not big enough to scrap a $8 million player for a $22 million player IMO....

2. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Only took ten shots...That's how Howard is... He would do the same with Orlando. Check his game log in the finals against the Lakers. He had games like that too. And that's because when teams have the bodies to push him away from the basket it's practically useless to pass him the ball because he has no game away from the basket and it's more teams in the west that have the bodies to throw at him. Now if he was huge and over powering like Shaq where he couldn't be pushed _ I would have my "Bring Howard To Houston" T shirt on...

By no means am I saying we wouldn't be better with Howard... We would _ no doubt. But I believe Howard will stay around his career average 18-20 ppg and I believe Asik will post around 15 ppg... The gap is not big enough to scrap a $8 million player for a $22 million player IMO....[/QUOTE]

I dont believe the Rockets or any other team will give Howard 22 million a year bruh.. Somewhere between 15-17 million a year. And I believe we will become immediate contenders if we acquire Howard and a few other pieces. His 18-22 ppg and 12-14 rpg will help this team out tremendously. Look at what Chris Bosh is doing over in South Beach. And he is making around 15-17 million a year.

3. RickyNewport

RickyNewport Member

I dont believe the Rockets or any other team will give Howard 22 million a year bruh.. Somewhere between 15-17 million a year. And I believe we will become immediate contenders if we acquire Howard and a few other pieces. His 18-22 ppg and 12-14 rpg will help this team out tremendously. Look at what Chris Bosh is doing over in South Beach. And he is making around 15-17 million a year.[/QUOTE]

Howard will get a max contract NO QUESTION on that... Which means the Rockets are anyone else would have to give him 4 years $88 million (L.A. is the only team that can offer him the 5th year and extra $30 million)... $15-17 is what we could probably get Josh Smith for but not Howard.

Chris Bosh has a offensive skill set that Howard doesn't. Just like LMA... And a good power forward is what we need... Look at the teams still playing in the playoffs and look at their power forward.

That's why Josh Smith would make a bigger impact on this team than Howard.

4. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Howard will get a max contract NO QUESTION on that... Which means the Rockets are anyone else would have to give him 4 years $88 million (L.A. is the only team that can offer him the 5th year and extra $30 million)... $15-17 is what we could probably get Josh Smith for but not Howard.

Chris Bosh has a offensive skill set that Howard doesn't. Just like LMA... And a good power forward is what we need... Look at the teams still playing in the playoffs and look at their power forward.

That's why Josh Smith would make a bigger impact on this team than Howard.[/QUOTE]

Either player IMO would make us a contender...I like Josh Smith too,,,He can hit that mid-range jumper from anywhere on the court. He can also play with his back towards the goal. Very good defensive player..Yes sir he would fit perfectly with our system.

Lebron is the best player in basketball, so why would anybody pay Howard more than what LBJ is making...

5. RickyNewport

RickyNewport Member

Either player IMO would make us a contender...I like Josh Smith too,,,He can hit that mid-range jumper from anywhere on the court. He can also play with his back towards the goal. Very good defensive player..Yes sir he would fit perfectly with our system.

Lebron is the best player in basketball, so why would anybody pay Howard more than what LBJ is making...[/QUOTE]

I don't make the rules homie...Lol.. But I think LeBron took less to go to Miami. And he can opt out of his contract after this coming season and that's who we should wait on just in case he does. Pipe dream of course but it's LeBron so you go after him regardless. And plus he always has GREAT things to say about Harden so never know...

I say Josh Smith because he's a very good low post defender and he's one of the best perimeter defenders in the game. He can guard positions 1-5 and is a career 2.1 blocks per game player (Howard 2.2)... IMO, OKC is the top dog in the west going forward and I would rather pay Smith $15 million a year to guard Durant instead of $22 million for Howard to hold Perkins... Defensively Howard doesn't help us that much against OKC because they are a perimeter team. Howard played OKC 3 times this season and only had one block...But with Smith, that would be two players we would have to rotate on Durant (Smith and Parsons) and one of those boys could even be used to slow down Westbrook.

6. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

I don't make the rules homie...Lol.. But I think LeBron took less to go to Miami. And he can opt out of his contract after this coming season and that's who we should wait on just in case he does. Pipe dream of course but it's LeBron so you go after him regardless. And plus he always has GREAT things to say about Harden so never know...

I say Josh Smith because he's a very good low post defender and he's one of the best perimeter defenders in the game. He can guard positions 1-5 and is a career 2.1 blocks per game player (Howard 2.2)... IMO, OKC is the top dog in the west going forward and I would rather pay Smith $15 million a year to guard Durant instead of $22 million for Howard to hold Perkins... Defensively Howard doesn't help us that much against OKC because they are a perimeter team. Howard played OKC 3 times this season and only had one block...But with Smith, that would be two players we would have to rotate on Durant (Smith and Parsons) and one of those boys could even be used to slow down Westbrook.[/QUOTE]

If it was left up to me, I would pick up J Smooth too. But be aware that he have some glaring weaknesses too Ricky. His shot selection at times s horrible. His motor is questioned by many and a few other issues.

7. Rox>Mavs

Rox>Mavs Contributing Member

Man you guys have got to fix the code on your replies. Can't tell who's saying what anymore...

8. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

I remember this crowd was strong during the trade deadline last season, and on draft night.

It's hard to believe the NBA Draft is only 39 days away. It wasn't too long ago when coachbaldee was saying any of our rookies were too good to be traded for Dwight. I expect Morey to have made at least one major move by then be it a signing or a trade.

9. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Howard to this tema = auto contenders
    We will actually be able to play the half court and run proper plays.

10. J.R.

J.R. Member

Not just cbl but many others too.

Don't trade Lamb!
    Don't trade Royce!
    Don't trade Jones!

Future stars! Can't do it!

LOL

11. ooox

ooox Member

12. TJ VS TR

TJ VS TR Member

1 person likes this.
  13. bgrice

bgrice Member

So i don't have a backbone because i want the best center in the league to play on my team? Rickynewpiss is a dumb ass

14. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

the line-up we would have put around him last year would have been crap, it would have been basically the same thing as the current lakers roster, don't really blame him.

15. RickyNewport

RickyNewport Member

It's also signs of not having a backbone when you hide behind an anonymous blog and result to name calling... It's also a chump move...

Congratulations, you now qualify for two categories...

16. bgrice

bgrice Member

ok dicky :rolleyes:

17. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Los exactly

18. allaroundplayer

RED FLAG - Why is it reported that Howard wants to play alongside Asik? (I know I read that some place. I'm not sure where exactly).

#1 Wow, that would be a really exciting team to watch (sarcasm).

#2 Asik is a rebounder and defender. Isn't that what Howard should be doing? He just wants to take off playing on one end of the court, rely on Asik to do all the dirty work, and get the ball every time on offense. That's not a player that you want to pay max money.

#3 The timing of the announcement by Stan Van Gundy that he won't coach next season is interesting. Is it because he sees the talk by Howard considering other teams as a smokescreen / ploy trying to get him to be the new Lakers coach? I think so, because if you remember when P.J. Carlesimo got the job as the Nets coach, there was some rumors about Jeff Van Gundy replacing him, then JVG said I'm not coaching this season. Neither brother wants to do that to an employed coach.

#4 If Howard is truly interested in playing for the Rockets, it's just like him. He has nothing to do with them rising to somewhat prominece. Now he wants to hop on the bandwagon to "better" his image. WHAT A USER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Nevermind the Rockets already have a quality starting center.

#5 I don't see why people who want Howard so much ignore the season which Asik played. Comparing the two last season:

Rebounding: Asik equal or better
    Defense: Asik better
    Offense: Asik is better because he doesn't ever demand the ball disrupting the offense.

So you want to sign Howard GAMBLING that he is going to dramatically improve to be 80% or greater of the player which he was in 2009???? Because that is the only way it would make sense. Odds are that is not happening. I estimate last season Howard was 30%-40% of the player he was in 2009.

19. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Howard has never come out and said anything. Its been reported from sources that Howard likes their "team" and the thought of playing alongside JAMES HARDEN most importantly.

After that, you heard people like J. Feigan who are in the know of the Rockets saying that he's hearing they wouldn't just automatically trade Asik, and could invision them playing "with each other."

So take from that what you will. Most likely the purpose of the Rockets front office sending this message down the pipeline is for obvious reasons.

Its still unlikely that the Rockets get Howard. They can't just show their cards that easily, and show that kind of lack of confidence in Asik.

Also, I personally believe with the injury history of Yao, and other big men that have come through the NBA in recent years, I think they would like to see about potentially keeping both, and playing Asik off the bench to limit Howard's minutes throughout the season.

In the meantime, it is possible that Asik could develop enough as a passer from the high post to slide into some corner sets they could run with Howard & Asik on the court together. I think this is highly unlikely because Asik is so limited offensively right now, but its something I could at least see the front office wanting to explore IF they were to get Howard.

However, dont think for a minute, despite what the Rockets front office says, that they wouldn't move Asik in a heartbeat if it made sense. Not saying they want to, but if they do get Howard, and a deal comes along that is just too good to pass up... it is Morey we are talking about folks. Still we are a ways away from that even being an option so its a moot point right now.

20. CCorn

CCorn Member

Howard next to asik = blender in the paint.