1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jeremy Lin Appreciation Thread, Rockets 2012-13 Season

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Second_Cousin, May 18, 2013.

1. Faithful123

Faithful123 Member

I have to thank sincerely Jeremy Lin for helping Rockets into the playoffs this year. And I also enjoyed very much for those blowout game wins led by Lin this season. Considering Harden took over most of Lin's PG job, I think Lin did a great job this season.he had hard time in early season but catch up with the flow later. He was inconsistent because coaches didn't use him consistently. They broke down his playing minutes terribly which made him hard to keep pace. He has a lot to improve but you haveto admit, without
    those blowout game wins led by Lin, Rockets definitely would not have been in playoffs. And fans could not see More exciting games with Thunders. Everybody, be thankful.

2. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

Great insight. You still haven't made a point. :rolleyes:

3. Roxlove

Roxlove Member

Oh man, I haven't laughed this good in a while! :grin:

Pointless, indeed. Telling people to get out of town ... I mean, really now!
    Let's all strive to be a little more mature than THAT, people, cmon! We can do it. Let's show the world that we are the smartest fans in the NBA;)

4. YoungGods

YoungGods Member

You know you are quoting a very old article back in Nov last year.:rolleyes:

5. agpal77

agpal77 Rookie

I knew from the outset that Knicks were pretenders not contenders. We are the 8th seed in the west and they were blown out big time by us twice this year.

6. Fair Dinkum

Fair Dinkum Member

It's a blog on Huffington post. The title is The Jeremy Lin Sham. Why Jeremy Lin really can't play

Basically it's his opinion from going to one game last November and rehashes cliches of no left hand.

That guy Lamont is not even a sports writer, he writes for something called Our world with black enterprise

You had to dig pretty deep to produce this hateful bull****.

LMFAO!!!

How did you find this article Roxlove? You really seem to be able to pull them out from your ***.

7. seahawk

seahawk Member

You are reaching.
    Quoting an article posted last Nov? LMAO.
    Since this is an appreciation thread. I would say something nice.

I like your perseverance as a hater.

8. Roxlove

Roxlove Member

Manners, manners, that is filthy language.:eek:

I Was searching for analysis of Jeremy and this is what came up!

People are sharing all kinds of random thing about Jeremy here, and so I thought to find things to share here too,

and unfortunately stumbled across this ugly ugly thing on Huntington post. I started reading it as I was under the impression that they preach tolerance and equality there! I thought to myself, wow, what information will this article present ... then I saw that it is all biased misinformation! I did not know they were so unfair and cruel over there.:mad:

I too think it is gross, pathetic and discriminatory, in singling him out to be a whipping boy for them there!

9. Roxlove

Roxlove Member

10. pademon

pademon Member

One thing also that need to be said is that Lin has been "downgraded" in his supporting cast since his time in NY to Rockets.

Consider that in Linsanity he has been supported by Tyson Chandler and Novak in NK and now the corresponding players are Asik and Delfino in Houston.

This is not in a way to bash Asik and Delfino, they are good in other aspects but I suppose everyone would agree that Lin+TY+Novak is more potent than Lin+Asik+Delfino if you had watch the games.

Asik+Delfino individually may be better then the aforesaid counterparts in other ways, but the thing is that TY would be better at catching and converting the sometimes awkward and elusive throw that Lin may throw and Novak would be less streaky than Delfino.

Please do forget that TY got the defensive player of the year which surely would have happened if Lin wasn't there and Novak came from being a nobody to landing a lucrative contract after Linsanity. TY is now one of the scapegoat in NY and Novak is nowhere close to being as important as he was. It is something more than playing more with each other or "team chemistry", just some players may excel as being with other players which compliment each others abilities and their strengths being utilised to the maximum.

11. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

Lin appreciation thread turns into:

Lin bashing thread.

Lin's teammates bashing thread.

12. CasaDolce

CasaDolce Rookie

Can't believe people are still feeding the troll. Roxhate is obviously someone who created an account just to **** on Jeremy. Probably someone previously kicked out of this board too.

THANK YOU JEREMY!!!!

13. Jetfuel

Jetfuel Member

Well, I'm not sure how long 'Roxlove' is going to be allowed to troll on here, but that kind of person deserves an IP ban imo.

14. YaoMac09

YaoMac09 Member

LOFs don't care that Lin plays for the Rockets.

15. Roxlove

Roxlove Member

That's funny, because I consider YOU fanatically obsessed Lin-only-fans who like to stink up the boards, day in and day out for months now with your rabid devotion to one player only, to be the real trolls.:cool:

See, maybe you did not notice this, but since you all came aboard mid last year, there has gradually been a small exodus of veteran posters from here, that has intensified of late. Yeah, YOU GUYS are the problem.

But perhaps you will get your wish, and soon all of the Real Rockets Fans will leave, and you will have the boards ALL to yourselves to circle jerk and cream yourselves to Jeremy's pictures, until he gets traded of course. Then you'll all be out of here in a NY microsecond.:grin:

16. zdrav

zdrav Member

The Rockets got exactly what they paid for. If you think $8 million a year is a lot for a starting PG, then you simply have no perspective on NBA salaries.

The only way you can pay less are for rookies, old vets on their last legs, or bad attitude cases.

17. zdrav

zdrav Member

I don't know if the Linsanity Knicks were more talented than the Rockets this year (I doubt it), but they were definitely built around Lin a lot more than the 2012-13 Rockets were. He was their primary offensive threat on that team, whereas with the Rockets, he's probably No. 3 behind Harden and Parsons.

18. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Check how much each rockets of before him made despite being like 5 x better

19. TJ VS TR

TJ VS TR Member

How about Harrellson, Jeffries and Fields? Shumps is a stud tho, at least defensively. And D'Antoni's "Nash" offense was a fit. It was truly unbelievable. The Knicks was not even a playoffs team and then the culture dramatically changed afterwards. Must have been a good time to be a Knick fan then. (not me) Unfortunately a lot of people wouldn't appreciate and turn to hatin'.

20. Ekiu

Ekiu Member

This thread is so fail...
    Reading the title you would think Lin got traded. Appreciation threads are only for former players.

Appreciation thread just posting a bunch of stats, followed by the very same arguments in that I have read in at least 5 Lin threads since I've joined early this month. Hell the 1st page in this section is full of this very same thread... I feel like I'm in the twilight zone.