1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jeremy Lin is a large reason of why we lost this series

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ScolaIsBallin, May 3, 2013.

1. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

there's a term for that,

it's called TROLLS. Not LOH. use that term

2. Fighton

Fighton Member

LOL you're being suckered for something.. you just don't know it yet.

1 person likes this.
  3. Jetfuel

Jetfuel Member

The term LOH is a bit of a misnomer. There are a handful of people (most of whom seem to have been banned over time) who look like they registered on here just to hate on Lin and others who seem to only post negative Lin related stuff in the GARM (See superstar).

But it's largely miss-applied. When people say LOH, it's more of a backlash to being denigrated as 'LOFs' than anything else. A more accurate term would PHLs (Prejudiced Lin haters). Please note, prejudice is not the same as racist, as one other poster seems to have mistakenly assumed.

A lot of you 'old-timers' are unhappy with the standards of discussion in the garm. Perhaps you should start by setting the example by not stooping to attacking the poster or dismissing their opinions as simply being 'LOF' etc.

Treat people with respect and their argument on the merit of the argument and I'm sure you will get the same back. Of course, trolls and malcontents will be just that, and there's no cure but to ban/ignore them.

4. hltiki

hltiki Member

Well, at least we know where the hate stems from.

Looks like someone is afraid of this happening.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y5GVMWl2Z-Y

5. hltiki

hltiki Member

But also, if this is true, I'm sorry you have to go through this.

6. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

There are lots of old people in clutchfans,
    But only a few are 99ers.

No one joins clutchfans to hate lin.
    In a perfect world people who join clutchfans understand why it was called that.

There's a breed of lin fan here I dub them mario Chalmers

7. Jetfuel

Jetfuel Member

I used the term old-timers in rather a liberal fashion. Call them 'true Rockets fans' or long term Rockets fans or whatever. Let's have enough respect for each other to not get into a silly argument over semantics.

I'll respectfully disagree with that. I've seen enough posts from people just joined who do nothing but b**** about/at Lin every chance they get and do nothing else.

In a perfect world we would all be more tolerant of each other and not dismiss people's opinions off hand or act like we are part of some kind of elite clique like some kind of high school playground. You must be the change you wish to see in the world.

Not sure how to respond to that. But I think you'll be more successful improving the quality of the GARM in general if you attacked the post and not the poster.

8. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

At least with Mario Chalmers he only does it twice a year while some here do it even far into the off season.

9. Rox11

Rox11 Member

You people act like we "hate" on lin because its fun and nothing more. Smh

10. TJ VS TR

TJ VS TR Member

Every player sits on the bench. So Duncan was keeping that bench nice and warm, so what? Lin won't be keeping that bench nice and warm for most of the time tho.

11. TJ VS TR

TJ VS TR Member

That doesn't mean anything. Whites used to make slaves their wives, doesn't mean they are not racists.

You have absolutely no proof of what you say is true. So maybe you have made this up? Just because a white forked a native American (minority) doesn't mean they are not racists.

Trophy Chinese bride is a pretty common thing now. So you think you got the stink-eye from someone therefore you suddenly decide to hate on Lin?

Here is a quote from http://www.buzzfeed.com/hnigatu/10-ridiculously-offensive-things-people-tell-asian-women-on

12. sonnyiztheone

sonnyiztheone Member

I'm sorry man, but you need to stop being a hater! Can't blame Lin for everything. Just stfu and move on dude and look forward for next year.

13. Pukimonster

Pukimonster Member

Probably because you wear your Asian trophy girlfriend like a badge

14. Fair Dinkum

Fair Dinkum Member

Everyone should lay off Roxlove about his Asian girlfriend. It could be true, he could be scared of Asian guys because of his girl.

Please just focus on the hateful spew he writes on this forum that led to him saying I'm going out with and Asian girl so it's cool.

Anyways Roxlove, I really hope those Asian guys stop picking on you and you can get a better sense of perspective.

15. sleepyazn

sleepyazn Member

Personally I thought Greg Smith had a bigger impact on the lost to OKC. Lin was injured but what was Smith's excuse? As soon as he was in the game, OKC would throw Ibaka the ball and Smith would just get abused.

16. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Are you really comparing Jeremy Lin to Greg Smith as if they're equals?

Lin gets paid 8 mil a year and is expected to be one of the top performers on the Rockets, while Greg Smith is making less than 1 mil a year and is virtually an afterthought.

I would hope to the good Lord above that Jeremy Lin could outperform Greg Smith...

17. sleepyazn

sleepyazn Member

When did I say they were equals? I'm merely making an observation that actually has something to do with the title of the thread. You know..." Jeremy Lin is a large reason of why we lost this series". In my opinion, the time Greg Smith spend on the floor was a lot worst and had a greater impact in the Rockets losing the series against OKC.

18. TJ VS TR

TJ VS TR Member

I don't have a problem with that, we have no problem defending Lin? that's good. You could call me Luigi, ~lol~; you could call me guardian angle or dharmapala I don't care. What you have to understand is that I'm a poster first and foremost, I post whatever and whenever I want to.

But I'm really not such a big fan of the earlier-than-thou seniority complex, it's quite childish, inflated egos.

19. TJ VS TR

TJ VS TR Member

They are certainly not equal. Problem is, there is zero hate on Smith but tons of hate on Lin.

A team has to overpay to acquire restricted free agents, no need to hate there, it's just part of the business side of bball, reality. Part of Lin's pay is for his potential, we will find out about it later. And he was LINJURED! D Rose wasn't playing well, D Lee wasn't playing well, WB wasn't playing well, Gallo wasn't playing well, no need for this amount of hate.

20. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

The numbers suggest that Smith was a huge reason for us having bad stretches in games for being a foul machine and making poor decisions. That has been pointed out. Maybe there wasn't several 10 page threads on it because Smith doesn't have a resistance movement?