1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Grantland] Simmons Trade Value Column. Harden #5

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by thesonofsam, May 10, 2013.

1. sks123

sks123 Member

I disagree with Curry being that high simply because he is too injury prone. If we wasnt he should be that high on pure basketball talent.

1 person likes this.
  2. dantian

dantian Member

It's Harden's first year as full-time starter. He did great. That being said, Curry plays smarter and is a better shooter. If not for injury concern, Curry is more valuable to a team than Harden.

3. c1utchmatic

c1utchmatic Member

I think Curry's success this season has been great and I'm happy for him, but I feel like everyone is forgetting the dude has glass ankles. I hope his injuries don't come back, but his prior history makes me very doubtful for his long term effectiveness, kind of like Brandon Roy.

4. r0cketeer

r0cketeer Member

Huh... leave it to BS to keep you guessing. Good article.

1 person likes this.
  5. Patterned919

Patterned919 Member

Roy :(

[youtube]cB-FGLPT-fo[/youtube]

6. Swishh

Swishh Member

This.

Curry is the only one in the top 10, other than Irving, (I think) that isn't making a max contract.

That's why he is ranked where he is, and rightfully so.

7. c1utchmatic

c1utchmatic Member

Wow that was beautiful.... the entire basketball world was robbed because of Roy's injury. He was supposed to be the next great two guard, taking the reigns after Kobe and Wade. This is why I hate injuries, regardless if I hate the player or not.

8. rockergordon

rockergordon Member

After watching the playoffs so far I think our best case scenario is trading or signing a superstar power forward.

9. johnstarks

johnstarks Member

The best quote was Footnote 10.

"Here's how Sports Illustrated described it: "Calvin Murphy, 5'9", 165 pounds, of Houston, is the littlest man in the NBA. Equally adept at twirling batons and demolishing men a foot or more taller than himself. Last November he got angry at Boston's 6'9" Sidney Wicks, leaped to grab a piece of Wicks' Afro with his left hand, and with his right howitzered Sidney's face into a bloody pulp."

10. felixng2012

felixng2012 Member

True but he also has glass ankles....

11. douglasreedy1

douglasreedy1 Member

That's what the Lakers thought.

12. Rocketaggie89

Rocketaggie89 Member

If there was a way we could pry Marc Gasol away from Memphis....:eek: