1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    PACERS vs KNICKS Game 2: Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Source: Chance Dwight comes to Houston growing

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, May 9, 2013.

1. DraftBoy10

DraftBoy10 Member

Dwight isn't being taxed 13.3, it was explained in another thread where I brought that up and was shut down.

2. TJ VS TR

TJ VS TR Member

Of course, Fegan could be fired before the contract is up! He wants to cash in as quick as possible.

Anyways, good news if true, the best PnR big man in the league! Asik can come off the bench and they could play together a tiny bit. Howard might not be 100% recovered anyways, it's good to have a good backup so he could rest more. I don't think Asik would be whining like Gortat since it is the complete opposite situation with their restricted free agency.

3. Lateralus

Lateralus Member

Laker fans are truly the most delusional and are too accustomed to being spoon fed every talent/big name in the league. They keep making threads there and elsewhere about landing cp3 or any other big name. Lol, they will never realize that until the day where they amnesty Kobe, they aren't getting anyone other than D-leaguers :grin:

4. zaam

zaam Contributing Member

Read my post. I never claimed he was an insider. You miss my point. And no, you didn't call him an idiot. You accused him of being a fraud. FTR, I'm not attacking you. If your opinion is that the OP is not for real, that's perfectly fine. Just don't pretend that your opinion is fact, and don't imply that everyone "jumping on this thread" is gullible and naive because they don't share your certainty.

I can no more call the OP an insider than you can call him a fraud.

THAT, my friend, is an example of a FACT.

1 person likes this.
  5. jim1961

jim1961 Member

Here is the thing. Even when you got it right out of the horses mouth, it will not always bear the fruit the statement implies.

People change their minds, speak out of anger and frustration and just need to say things sometimes as a release mechanism.

So even if Dwight did say these things, even if their verified, even if he said (he hasnt) he prefers Houston over LA, if he stays in LA, the source is disreputable? 3 months from now the source was wrong?

At the end of the day, nothing Dwight says, his agent says, cyberx says, right now dictates what will happen. At best, anything said up to the point where he/they commits in writing to one course or another, only indicates their thoughts at the time they made the statement.

If what Dwight says himself does not dictate the future, than trying to hold what anyone else says to some forecast or degree of credibility is just silly and misplaced.

6. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

Depends on who you ask.

1 person likes this.
  7. seyton

seyton Member

Both of the comments on it were dumb. The "millionaire" tax is relatively new and is not something that would have been discussed when everyone was talking about trading for him last summer. Yes, it is still a part of the state tax, but it also isn't the "same-old same-old" state tax that dwight would have been considering last summer.

And "see ya when something actually happens", are you really this thick? Think about this logically, reports are dude works for a sports agency. Its still May. So obviously ANYTHING that is being discussed by anyone is preliminary as all hell right? Do you think even Dwight knows 100% where he wants to go right now? He hasn't even gotten the chance to get his free iPads yet.

Wouldn't you rather hear what is being discussed internally at places in the business than not? I mean, you are on Clutchfans and clicked on a thread that began with "Source" so obviously you are interested in "gossip" or else you wouldn't have clicked at all. Why are you bashing the guy? I just want everyone to leave the sources to your boy broussard.

1 person likes this.
  8. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

sponsorship, agents have no purpose for playing situation.

9. Aleron

on half of his playing, all of his endorsements and all of his investments (he would have at the very least $50m in investments at this point)

10. Laffy Daffy

Laffy Daffy Member

cyberx please come back....we love you...dammit Zoplicone!

11. Rockets_12

Rockets_12 Member

Getting Dwight would be huge for us. If we get Dwight, I still don't think we should get CP3. We have a PF problem. Terrence Jones and D-Mo are not going to be all-stars despite what many people on here believe. We need to get ourselves Dwight Howard and Josh Smith in free agency. Now if we could land CP3, Dwight, and Smoove, I definitely won't complain. However, the chances of that happening are low at least in my opinion.

12. 713

713 Member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  13. OlajuwonFan81

OlajuwonFan81 Member

After reading 15 pages worth of nonsense I have come to a few conclusions.

1. Nobody knows whether Howard will join Houston.

2. Nobody knows whether the OP is legit.

3. People like to fight about stupid things.

14. Aleron

From what I've read of it, he needs to pay the 13.3% in California as well as the taxes in places he visits, so if he plays against Houston in Houston, he still has to pay the California tax, but if he say, plays in the knicks at MSG, he has to not only pay the NY/NYC taxes, he also has to pay the California tax.

And to make it even more convoluted, if he played for the lakers, and domiciled himself to say Chicago, he would have to pay tax to them as well.

To say athletes get railroaded by these taxes is an understatement.

15. rocketman84

rocketman84 Member

Zoplicone pimps ALL the dudes. :cool:

16. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

Courtney Lee+Dwight Howard = friends

Dwight Howard+Josh Smith = friends

Courtney Lee+Dwight Howard+Josh Smith = Win

I remember when we were in this situation last summer with almost landing Howard and possibility Smith

This was my post from last summers thread about almost landing Howard and Smith

17. liveguy

liveguy Member

This team with DH would have 2 sure-fire all-stars if not maybe 4 (depending on Lin and the overseas votes and Parsons finally getting his due)

I see Parsons getting into the All-star game here shortly....

that said....everyone else on the team can contribute....

The team is young and stacked from top to bottom....

Some will be traded, sure...

The team could certainly be better with smith, but to say there's no way Jones or DMo could possibly develop into solid (in not just *maybe*..all-star) players is ridiculous to say after one year of spotty PT and D-league assignments.

Young players do actually develop...sometimes....

18. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

He clicked on source, not gossip

19. rocketman84

rocketman84 Member

Are you trying to get your number of posts up or something? Go eat.

20. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

:) I'm eating right now. I just loved where this thread was at so I decided to browse and eat rather than watch tv