1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Interesting Less Talked About Free Agents This Summer

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Patterned919, Apr 28, 2013.

1. Panda23

Panda23 Member

Yeah you're right. Gasol has fallen by the wayside.....

;)

2. Tato1971

Tato1971 Member

We already have enough role players!!! We need superstar here!!!
    CP3 (Free Agency)
    DH12 (Free Agency)
    LMA12 (Trade)
    KL42 (Trade)

3. Gsmooth82

Gsmooth82 New Member

Trevor Ariza(player option) - too old
    Andray Blatche - air head
    O.J. Mayo(player option, most likely opting out) - asking for too much $
    Andre Iguodala(player option, has said he'll probably test the market) - great fit
    Tony Allen - no offense/misses layups!!
    J.J. Redick - good fit for 3pt shooting
    Chalmers(team option, Miami will most likely take it) - ball boy
    Monte Ellis(player option) - asking for too much
    Mike Dunleavy - see Francisco Garcia but with no defense
    Al-Farouq Aminu - Asik light/not a good fit
    J.R. Smith(player option, most likely opting out) - sticky hands/takes bad shots
    Kevin Martin - bad blood?/too much for 3pt shooter
    Andrew Bynum - injuries
    J.J. Hickson - not a good fit
    Tiago Splitter - Asik 2.0
    Al Jefferson - elite low post scorer/ great fit for now
    Paul Millsap - undersized but good not great option
    Emeka Okafor - deteriorating skills
    Josh Smith - for reasonable contract (10 mil/year) - good not great fit
    Kyle Korver - good fit for just 3pt shooting

4. asmith8266

asmith8266 Member

I like Robin Lopez as a back-up to Asik and Mayo as a scoring 6th man. But that's just me I think.

5. Panda23

Panda23 Member

he doesnt even have shoulders like 2patt, doe.

Korver. I like him alot. great shooter, is he really that bad defensively atm? on the chances I got to see the hawks he seemed active and used help defense well.

6. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

OJ Mayo declined his player option and starting role with the Mavs because he obviously thinks he can do better out there on the free agent market. Im not sure the Rockets are going to be an option for him given what they are going to want to pay him, and what his role will be.

I think his targets are going to be - Clippers, Bulls, Portland, Dallas, and maybe even Detroit believe it or not.

Alot of those teams are gonna have to move some salary to sign him, or OJ will have to except their exception money. Either way, he would be getting offered around the same amount Houston will offer, but in a much more desirable role.

7. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

Am I on drugs or did I just see a potential FA list that includes Trevor Ariza?

Are you f***ing new? Ok, I see that you are. I'm going to assume that you just started watching the Rockets within the last two years in that case. Because Trevor Ariza is garbage.

If you can't tell I really don't like Trevor Ariza.

8. knickstorm

knickstorm Member

been saying it over and over KENYON freaking MARTIN!!

he is exactly what this team needs. A defensive minded power forward with shot blocking. High energy, intensity, good rebounder, bangs inside. He's tough and won't back down and on good days he'll even hit the outside jumper. He'd clown the pf's on the roster right now.

9. finsraider

finsraider Member

I don't see Korver. He was #2 in 3pt% and #4 in 3 pt makes. That's the type of guy that gets signed to a big contract....more than the Rockets will be willing to offer.

10. kastuul

kastuul Member

No DH12 ->Sign Gasol for 1 years->sign Bosh/Lebron next year.

11. basketballholic

He's all of those things.

Plus he's a scuz bucket. No thanks.

12. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

Tony Allen
    Aminu
    Millsap
    Smith

13. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

DA FUQ?!?

14. knickstorm

knickstorm Member

this team could use a guy with a little thug in him....you saw the heat go for bird man.

15. wekko368

wekko368 Member

Seriously? I wouldn't touch any of those guys with a 10 ft clown pole.

Tony Allen may be a great defender, but he's a liability on offense. Any perimeter player we acquire needs to be able to shoot the 3. Allen's 3pt% was 12.5%.

There's no sense in getting a young SF like Aminu when we already have Parsons.

Millsap is undersized. I'm pretty sure everybody here is tired of undersized PF's.

Smith's drawbacks have already been discussed in multiple threads. No need to bring them up in this one.

16. Weatherby

Weatherby Member

Tony Allen and Kyle Korver would be great for this team if added together. That is if we lose Garcia's 3 pt shooting

17. payaso

payaso Member

jeez-a-lou, 5 pages of FA ideas and not one of them mentions Al Jefferson.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/QYFxtibcPkY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

As of today there's all this depth at the 4-5; unfortunately none of them is named Aldridge or Randolph. I've seen enough of Jefferson scoring in bunches against the Rocks to know what he brings to the half-court game- better touch/range than either T-Rob or GSmith; better bulk than D-Mo; more game experience than all.

Put him next to Asik and I don't see why DH12 is needed...

18. payaso

payaso Member

Sorry GSmooth, missed this...

Al Jefferson - elite low post scorer/ great fit for now

19. REDNINJA

REDNINJA Member

How about Tony Allen and Trevor Ariza? Second unit would be awesome defensively
    Lin
    Harden
    Parsons
    J. Smith
    Asik

Beverly
    Allen
    Ariza/ Garcia
    Jones/ T. Rob
    G. Smith

Not to mention the mix match up possibilities to adjust to game situations if McFail is smart enough. Instead of blowing all the cap space on Howard, they could fortify this teams foundation and depth with solid players. Something to think about

20. c2u4erm

c2u4erm Member

I am not gonna mention names more than team concept... What I want overall is a dominant post who can play good defense and score and then 4 players who can legitamitely knock down threes.....I don't follow cap room but I think this team needs one more inside presence so when our big man gets in foul trouble or needs a rest our defense doesn't fall apart and then I would like one or two more good long range shooters and I think that team would give the nba fits..... It's a lot easier to defend two people than all five... If you had someone like Howard who could score inside and you had 4 good shooters around him,, watch out!