1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

(Not again) New Rockets Jersey

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by dream2franchise, Mar 8, 2012.

1. bmd

bmd Member

Many of you have the worst taste in uniforms, logos, etc.

2. Han Solo

Han Solo Member

Show us your amazing taste in unis and logos then pal.

3. josephnicks

josephnicks Member

idk how the giold will look with the fabric the nba uses.. the old shiny rockets jerseys would work but the new jerseys would look like a dull gold..

4. Han Solo

Han Solo Member

Probably still better than yellow. Are there any example of gold right now? Cavs?

5. Han Solo

Han Solo Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. josephnicks

josephnicks Member

i still think our history is ketchup/mustard.. the problem is the mustard needs to be at a minimum, no giant yellow stripes down the side..

[​IMG]

7. Han Solo

Han Solo Member

It was never supposed to be mustard or yellow. It was Desert Gold. But, yes i wouldn't mind if we kept color as long as it was used at a minimum like our clutch city days

I'd probably be happy with something like i posted or some others have which is modern to fit todays league and have a clean retro cut jersey as our alternate just like the Bucks do. Although with the bucks, it would look best to just make a home version of that alternate.

8. Han Solo

Han Solo Member

joseph, just noticed there are no stripes on that jersey. Looks beautiful. Only change the script and the numbers and its all it needs.

9. josephnicks

josephnicks Member

im actually a fan of the new knicks cuts, i think those jerseys would woork great with our classic color scheme, with white waist bands on the road jerseys, vice versa for home..

[​IMG]

10. FishBulb913

FishBulb913 Contributing Member

Has there any hint from anyone in the Rockets camp that a change is possible this summer? It does seem time. We've already had these longer than the dildo pajamas if I'm not mistaken.

11. Han Solo

Han Solo Member

Were coming up on our 10th season with these, so yes weve had them longer. Apparently, Adidas catalog shows these as TBD:
    * Bobcats- alternate
    * Suns- Home, Away and alt.
    * Knicks- alt.
    * Warriors- home, away and alt.
    * New Orleans-home, away

Dunno what it means or if its too late to make a change(heard you have to do it 1 year in advance.) If true, lets work on it now and get it to happen for 2014-2015 season. Warriors just got new jerseys and a new alt this year and getting new set again so fast. Suns are going retro. Knicks already went retro. Why can't Les listen to the fans dammit!

12. AndySwanny

AndySwanny Member

Love this. My only qualm is that I want tank top style jerseys. Much better look than the wide shoulders.

13. bmd

bmd Member

Many people here are fawning over some amateur-looking logos and very tacky uniforms.

Some people want the Rockets to just bring back their retro uniforms with no changes. But those are all way out of style. Get with the times.

I like the old color scheme, and I think the gold or yellow should be kept to a minimum. The gold should be a small accent color, with red and white being the main colors.

14. bmd

bmd Member

I messed around in MS paint:

[​IMG]

Keeping the gold to a minimum looks best.

15. Prempeh

Prempeh Member

I'd love to see a return to the classic logo and color/font scheme with a few tweaks to make them more contemporary.

I do think it would be important to ensure the minimization of yellow...I'd be happy to see them go with simple red/white focused design elements, with yellow resigned only to the logo.

Then for an alternate we could go with a wacky yellow/orange design a la Barcelona's away unis

16. Han Solo

Han Solo Member

im not a fan of the big white stripe on the away. I really only like the stripe on the shorts ala our retro unis in 1972

17. Sen89

Sen89 Member

Like them a lot, but I'd love them if:

HOME: Get rid of the grey on the collar logo and "Rockets" outline. Change to yellow.

AWAY: Get rid of the grey outlines and make the collar logo yellow with a red R.

18. Sen89

Sen89 Member

Also, on the away uniform, the side pipe would look best with red, or with the current yellow.

19. Han Solo

Han Solo Member

more quick paint versions
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Like i said b4, the logo under the collar would be best moved to the back and the script logo moved up and the numbers made larger and centered. Oh well...maybe one of you is good with photoshop and can do something similar with the logo design incorporated into the jersey stripes.

20. josephnicks

josephnicks Member

ignore melo, we should use new yorks jersey cut and go championship uni..

[​IMG]

3 people like this.