1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is Derrick Rose the softest "superstar" in league history?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by LelWestbrick, May 6, 2013.

1. AstroMechPLZ

AstroMechPLZ Member

Wasn't he cleared to play in games back in March? Who's fault is it that he hasn't played for over 2 months since being cleared and now it's the playoffs?

2. coffeelover665

HES SUITING UP FOR GAME 3

3. Panda23

Panda23 Member

Remember before Yao's left foot injury in the playoffs, how Kobe and him banged knees? My thinking was always that the huge bruise/im sure pain that Yao felt in his right knee meant that he favoured it more, thus putting more stress on his chronically repaired left foot. Eventually at his size and weight, it took its toll..

4. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

Winner,Winner....Chicken Dinner!!!
    That's psychology 101 baby!!.....:eek:

5. DreamRoxCoogFan

right, because Iman Shumpert and Derrick Rose play a similar brand of basketball. :rolleyes:

6. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

It might have accelerated it, but between him playing whole seasons, and then with the national team, with almost no rest, year after year with his frame it was inevitable.

7. c1utchfan925

c1utchfan925 Contributing Member

Anyone remember Brandon Roy? He was the franchise player of the Portland Trailblazers had chronic knee issues, had a knee injury and RUSHED back into the playoffs to play through a meaningless series just try to help his team win. I'm sure he was medically cleared too but now he's on the brink of retirement again.

You want Derrick Rose to rush back from a major surgery/injury and play in the PLAYOFFS? Maybe if it were still the regular season it would be ideal for him to get back into game shape but do you really think the Bulls are going to jell with him right away? They haven't played with Rose on the court since last playoffs ( a year ago ). Pretty sure he'll just be more detrimental than anything. The media is just making a big deal out of Rose because he's been cleared and he hasn't played yet. Doesn't mean he's going to help the Bulls win over the Heat. It's better for both the Bulls and Rose for him to work through training camp and come back 120% next season IMO.

8. macho87

macho87 Member

Armani?

9. Panda23

Panda23 Member

yeah ofcourse. perhaps the straw that broke the camels back though.

10. MONON

MONON Member

Seems like we agree that Rose is physically able to play, but he doesn't "trust" his knee to perform under pressure. I mean it's not like it hasn't happened before. Therefore, he's "soft" because he doesn't "trust" his knee.

As has already been mentioned, "trust" isn't something that can be turned on/off like a switch. We've all had someone "do us wrong" before. How long did it take for us to fully "trust" them again? By not "trusting" them, did that make us "soft"?

While venting, I had a thought. Could "hypnosis" be a solution to injury recovery?

11. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

You don't need to get your feelings hurt. It's just my opinion, just like you are entitled to your own. Anyway I think Blurr#7 sums it up best:

Look, I get what you are saying. But do you really think you can just look at one situation with one player and act like it is the exact same with another? Everyone has different issues, stressors, psychological trigger points, etc. I'm 100% certain that Iman Shumpert and Derrick Rose have different brains and think differently. A psychologist might help, but at the end of the day not a lot can be accomplished until he gets back on the court and gains the self-efficacy and confidence he is lacking right now. Should he have come back in the regular season to tried and work his way back? Maybe you could argue that... But at this point there is no reason to throw him out there in the middle of the playoffs.

Call him soft, mentally weak, whatever you want, but I can completely understand why he would be acting like this. Everyone is all about the here and now these days. ZERO PERSPECTIVE. There has definitely been more situations where an athlete came back too early from injury rather than waited too long. Let him wait until he is ready, and he'll probably come back stronger and better than before.

12. Lurch

Lurch Live Wilder.

It's his body. The doctors can't tell him how he feels. Only he knows that. Why come back anyways? They aren't going to beat Miami. Just wait and come back next year.

13. Anxiety Trooper

Lol:grin:

14. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Roy has a chronic condition. He just has bad genes.

15. bewy

bewy Member

Rose is on roids and he is waiting the roids to clear out.

16. DreamRoxCoogFan

not a bad theory, but if AP could avoid getting busted, why can't Derrick do the same?

17. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>I would now like to hear from all the Bulls fans who told us D. Rose should be back because Shumpert was.</p>&mdash; Kurt Helin (@basketballtalk) <a href="https://twitter.com/basketballtalk/status/334320761454096384">May 14, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>All of a sudden the D Rose critics got real silent. <a href="https://twitter.com/search/%23shumpert">#shumpert</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/search/%23knicks">#knicks</a></p>&mdash; Tommy Dee (@TommyDeeTKB) <a href="https://twitter.com/TommyDeeTKB/status/334329777940996096">May 14, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

1 person likes this.
  18. Outlier

Outlier Member

Why? What happened with Schumpert?

19. Ricksmith

Ricksmith Contributing Member

I wondered the same thing. I typed his name in the search box on Twitter, and it looks like he re-injured his left knee. The Knicks are flying out (or already flew out) the guy that performed the knee surgery on Iman last May to re-examine his knee. He thinks he'll play game 4, but apparently he has missed the last few practices and shootarounds due to his knee.

20. plates300

plates300 Member

He's having soreness in his knee that he tore his ACL in. I think he is out for tonight's game? not sure though. either way, this is why D. Rose should sit out. Iman doesn't do half the stuff Rose does and he's already having problems coming back too early. not worth it, not for your franchise player.