1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jeremy Lin is a large reason of why we lost this series

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ScolaIsBallin, May 3, 2013.

1. Killer Korgi

Killer Korgi Member

Lin became injured this series, so we couldn't blame him much. We only have his Game 1 sample which was a bad performance albeit small. The interesting thing is that this series proved that
    A. McHale shows flashes of being a good coach (his adjustment to denying Durant the ball was genius, and he made Scott Brooks look like a fool with his Hack-a-Turk)
    B. The Rockets can play ball with good teams without Lin. Although Beverley and Brooks may not be a good long term combo, the point guard position is still up for grabs.

2. allaroundplayer

Harden was a scrub in the playoffs.

I think everybody would agree with that.

The only thing that he could do was make step back 3 point jumpers in the one game when he made 7 of them, but that is hardly something that you can depend on to do consistently.

Yes, Lin was terrible but he only averaged 21 minutes per game. Basically, Harden played good enough for the Rockets to get swept since from how he played alone they would have got swept.

1 person likes this.
  3. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

I have been one of the most critical posters of Harden on this forum and continue to be, just look at the posts I have made in the Harden threads..but that is just stupid.

You statement of him being a "Scrub" is something an insecure Lin fan would say because Lin's play was so beyond abysmal that bringing someone who played bad some games , but not atrocious, down to his level is the only way you can go about thinking of Lin as a messiah.

yes I said it.

1 person likes this.
  4. Internazionale

What can I say, a troll is a troll, never changes a bit throughout history.

5. Jetfuel

Jetfuel Member

To say Harden is a scrub is beyond stupid, even if he did underperform in the series.

Personally, I think it's stupid to blame any one player for the loss. Or the coaches. It was more than one thing. But to blame Lin and talk about his atrocious series is equally as stupid as calling Harden a scrub.

He was injured, end of story. To talk about how good or bad someone played when they could barely lift their dominant arm is beyond dishonest as far as I'm concerned.

Though he did have a terrible game 1, as did the rest of the team.

6. allaroundplayer

In the biggest moments of the series, Harden didn't come through whatsoever.

First in game 3, if the Rockets could have won that game it would have changed the entire series. In the first quarter, Harden played with little effort & looked rattled & lost composure many times & the Thunder got a 26 point lead.

Secondly, in game 6, the Rockets had a 10 point lead in the third quarter & could have forced game 7. They kept calling plays for Harden, but he either missed or committed a turnover & the Thunder took control of the game.

You can not see every minute of the series as being equally important.

7. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

idiot

8. allaroundplayer

catalog

9. rockets137

rockets137 Member

Are you for real, bro ?
    Or you just trollin' for fun ?

Firstly, no, Harden was no a scrub and secondly yes, he got his share for good and bad games here and there. But in the end of the day, he's our alpha male in this team, so stop messing around.

But even if you insist he was a scrub, it's better I got a scrub on my team rather than a no-show player. Yes, I like Lin, but to be honest with you, without Harden, we can't even breath through game 6 in the series against 1st seed. It's a fact that I love to share with you.

10. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

You are a typical fake fan who is here for one player. you're god failed so you have to rag on harden to make yourself feel good. I mean just go away.

1 person likes this.
  11. Jetfuel

Jetfuel Member

Being injured is not the same as failing.

I suppose in your book, Westbrook also failed as did Rose. You are a typical fake fan who is just here to hate on one player.

12. Morlock O

Morlock O Member

you ok bro?

13. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

lool I was a rockets fan before you ever even heard of them. now go worship lins picture

14. YaoMac09

YaoMac09 Member

15. TJ VS TR

TJ VS TR Member

+1 for no "all Lin fans = xxx".

16. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

Jeremy Lin is the reason Les has deep pockets again.

17. ThisVoice

ThisVoice Member

Did you say you can beat him one on one?? LOL Did you see how Scalabrine destroyed **** talkers? NBA players are on a different level than college bball. Scalabrine looked like Lebron against college players and how did he do in NBA?

18. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

because not all Lin fans are annoying and stupid. there are some very good ones here and will make themselves CF a nice place for years to come.

19. Han Solo

Han Solo Member

OP, thanks for making this thread and keeping the LOF's occupied. :)

30pg's deep. Hope it lasts all summer.

20. Razsan

Razsan Member

you're a fringe poster and certainly not a clutch fans contributor