1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jeremy Lin is a large reason of why we lost this series

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ScolaIsBallin, May 3, 2013.

1. josephnicks

josephnicks Member

that video of morey on 60 minutes.. wow morey is the ultimate salesman, he could sell water to a well, ice to eskimo... its no wonder he gets teams to pull the trigger on trades where they get much less in return.. the most explosive accelerating athlete weve ever measured, extreme exaggeration of a quick first step..

most of these elite guards have a quick first steps that fact that lin is .000360127464332 faster than westbrook means absolutely nothing because westbrook is a much better finisher and has better ball control and elevate from much further out, twist and contort his body to score. same with rose..

these lofs are so strung up on numbers to prove lin is the fastest guard in the league, they post links but ignore the statistics that show tony parker and ricky rubio are indeed the 2 fastest guards in the league.. tony paker was measured around 20mph coasting speed while dribbling a basketball..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Just because people mention the fact that Jeremy Lin sucked hard in the playoffs doesn't mean they don't support him or the team.

There's only one group of people here who deny or deflect the fact that he stunk it up..

3. davek

davek Member

there is criticism and there is out right bashing like this thread.
    Your examples are lame. Players can have inconsistent games thats a given.
    If you look at his seasonal stats...don't you think the upward curve show he's improving? I would be more concerned if it was a downward curve. Doesn't this tell you there is potential and the team is coming together?

How on earth is PB more polished and more experienced? Obviously if you don't make plays you're not gonna get as many TO.
    did you even look at the last 2 game stats of PB vs RJ? What I can't stand the most is the delusional LOH like yourself.

4. mastathor

mastathor Rookie

I don't think JLin was 100% ready to play but because the bench was depleted, Coach McHale had to put him in.

5. Kwame

Kwame Contributing Member

6. iJHolmes

iJHolmes Member

Why do people still continue to throw the race card out there? Saying people are racist because they don't like lin is the stupidest thing i've ever heard. Ive been called racist twice on these forums despite the fact that my fiance is asian.

Stop using his race as an excuse. Nobody cares what race you are in the NBA. Like someone else mentioned YAO didn't have any YOHs. Because Yao was an undeniably great player. I loved Yao and i dont know any true rockets fan who didn't like Yao.

1 person likes this.
  7. Jetfuel

Jetfuel Member

There is only one group of people here who deny or deflect the fact that he was seriously impaired by injury for all but the first game of the playoffs and that this had a significant impact on his ability to perform.

The people who ignore his injury and pretend like he just 'sucked hard' do not support him or the team. If they claim to be 'real rockets' fans,' then they are showing all 'real rockets' fans' in a very bad light through their ignorant example, regardless of how many green pips they've accumulated.

8. Sunsfan

Sunsfan Member

The blame isn't just on Lin. Lin did play great defense but I don't believe he was ready to comeback just yet you could see Lin had trouble pulling up for a j because of his chest/shoulder. But James Harden was having a bad night shooting and you could tell he wasn't feeling great Reggie Jackson was scoring at will when Lin wasn't on the court though. The loss was a team effort. And I was rooting for you guys hard because of Harden (ASU!) and I also do like Jeremy Lin. Just my 2 cents

9. dantian

dantian Member

:grin::grin::grin:

10. parksn306

parksn306 Contributing Member

hmmm I might regret this later, but i have to try at least once...

To all the Lin fans,

Look, I am one of you guys, I followed Lin to this site and he is my favorite basketball player. But after an entire season of seeing the Lin Flame Wars, and fearing more of the same this summer, I will say my piece and call it a day on this topic.

There are 2 really important things you need to consider before posting:

1. No one's opinion of Lin has EVER been changed by reading something on this forum. EVER.

He is by FAR the most polarizing topic on this board and EVERYONE has their own opinion of him. Now that the season is over, there is even less chance someone's opinion of him will change. So please don't even try. Just as you guys casually disregard any arguments against Lin, no matter how well supported or logical, the "other" side does the same.

In short, both "sides" are too dug in, pick a new battle or time. NOT this summer, whatever happens this summer, there will be NO new data from which to construct new arguments. Take the summer off.

And don't be so god-damned sensitive! Not everyone is going to like Lin, don't take it so personally. Hell, Lebron still gets lit up regularly and he really IS the best basketball player in the world. If someone attacks him, let it be, ESPECIALLY if it's a troll post, you're doing exactly what they want you to do if you respond.

2. Lin IS an average point guard.

At least at this point in his career. 13-6 is average BUT considering his age and especially his experience (only about 1.5 seasons) that is a good thing! There are a lot of PG's better than Lin, but most of them are also more experienced. Considering Lin was coming off of surgery this year, adjusting to a new team, and that the 1 is the most stacked position now, average is not an insult! But it is a fact. No one ever went to the All-Star game on 13-6.

And don't mistake upside for reality, think Cousins, Beasley etc. I honestly think Lin can and will be an elite PG one day, but he wasn't this season, by ANY metric. So give it a rest. The good thing about PG's is that if they know their stuff, they can have very long careers, think Dre Miller, Kidd, Nash etc. I think Lin will be around for a while, so just sit back and relax.

Lastly there is no real need to defend Lin on here, and if you do feel compelled to answer a post, do so maturely and respectfully. I have talked with tons of people that I thought were "LOF's," they weren't. At least the ones that responded to me, they were reasonable dudes that had a right to their own opinion, and I gained from having conversed with them.

Now just to show you I am one of you, I will end by saying this, Let LIN prove the doubters wrong. He has LITERALLY made a career out doing this. See you next season.

Go Rockets!

1 person likes this.
  11. Roxlove

Roxlove Member

Well put.

12. New

Get your fact straight. Look up what bone bruise is before you bash someone as soft just because it reads bruise.

13. H-Town™

H-Town™ Member

When Lin said he was playing, and i heard Delfino was out, i said to myself

"Well, better luck next year" because i knew he would mess up the rotation.. ****

14. rockets137

rockets137 Member

I was so tired of this bashing/point fingered things (I didn't even know whether they are trollin or real fans out there.) well at least sick enough to made me log off for a while.
    And just now, I make myself ready to check this forum, guess what...these two posts alone give me a hope and deserved a sticky.
    Look, I can't write long enough to get all you guys attention. But all I wanna say is right there, so please take a seat, lay back, relax, read it carefully and just be prepared for next season yall.

15. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

It's up there with being called a racist if you don't like President Obama.

16. Roxlove

Roxlove Member

+1, you typed just what I was thinking

17. pcheung08

pcheung08 Member

fixed..:grin:

18. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Again you still have to give everything another year. This team had to learn on the fly all year. Look at all the different line-ups McHale had to experiment with.

19. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Jeremy Lin missed a big chance to impress in this series, and when he was on the floor he was not aggressive or productive enough IN THE SLIGHTEST.

That's all there is to it. I'm not sure why there are 24 pages debating this. Whether he has future value to the team is another topic. I think he will continue to get better.... and he really needs to.

20. TJ VS TR

TJ VS TR Member

Unfortunately it is not an individual thing here, a mob has formed and there are usually reason behind it, especially something that's so obvious. If that's not the case, plz be civil and refrain from being a suspect.