1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jeremy Lin is a large reason of why we lost this series

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ScolaIsBallin, May 3, 2013.

1. underrated015

underrated015 Member

I want to pull for Jeremy but when he drives, I cringe because i feel a bad pass coming or a charge. Mchale was too loyal this game because brooks should of been in the2nd half taking the ball out of harden's hand. oh well, great season. Hoping Jeremy gets better because he is still young.

2. PhiSlamma

PhiSlamma Member

3. yunac010

yunac010 Member

I agree we really missed AB's offense in the 2nd half, but Reggie Jackson was going off on him. If AB could defend worth a lick he would have been out there no doubt. Even then the ball was in Harden's hands most of the time.

4. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Bad news is Lin played poorly this series.

Good news is it's still relatively early in his career so he has time to improve.

I will say one thing though, Lin was not ready to play yet.

I believe McGenius made the mistake of being too loyal to Lin and giving him minutes when Lin isn't prepared. Though, I respect McSmart for trusting Lin. Lin himself, who is most likely disappointed in his own performance, would be happy to know his coach trusts him even if he doesn't play well.

5. coffeelover665

This is where our opinions might differ but I believe he played up to his 8 mil/year contract this season. Try to be objective. People are saying that beverly should start over Lin, which lead to the Lin-Beverly by the Lin devotees. Come on guys! The man helped the team make it to the dance and damn it what a dance it was.

6. ed_tx

ed_tx Contributing Member

If Lin wasn't in pain the entire game then he is in the wrong profession and should be in Hollywood winning Oscars. As I stated before, the guy probably chewed a hole through his mouth guard bc he was hurtin so bad and biting down on it the entire time he was on the bench. He grimaced in pain everytime he had to shoot the ball or make a pass.

Your conspiracy theories are crazy. Maybe Westbrook really didn't get injured but OKC knew he would crumble under the "phenomenal" defense of Beverley- so they faked the injury so Westbrook wouldn't have gotten embarrassed by Patrick during the rest of the series. Yeah... That's the ticket...

7. proudfoot

proudfoot Member

This is a huge reason for why Lin is on this team - he has potential.

When you have an absurdly athletic dude like Lin with a good head and a strong work ethic, theres a good chance he'll get much better at this game.

We have a tendency as humans to overvalue recency in our judgements; Lin's poor performance in the playoff series is not indicative of his actual capability of a player - his regular season metrics are far more telling.

8. rockets0_12_7_1

yeah I agree , Jeremy still has another season to prove himself and he has a whole summer to improve , just wish some posters on here would be more patient , Mchale did keep Jeremy in longer than he should have , he should've only played Jeremy if the others were in foul trouble, but to be honest I think AB should've gotten more minutes than Patrick today

9. ed_tx

ed_tx Contributing Member

I agree. It was obvious Lin was still hurt and when McHale asked him if he could play some minutes with Carlos out, of course Lin was going to say yes. And while he wasn't horrible, he still wasn't up to par to his normal level of play.

But overall, great season and now, at worst, we have discovered a good backup PG for next season.

10. PhiSlamma

PhiSlamma Member

It's not this simple.

Some people are choosing to judge Lin because they want to judge him as a failure. It's not about what Jeremy does or does not do. No matter what he does or does not do, this group of people will seek ways to deem him a failure or detract from his performance in one way or another.

Not everyone is doing this. But there are absolutely people doing this, right now, I am certain.

It's sad, but probably inevitable.

11. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Errr... There are 15 players on a roster. 12 are active every game. Lin was ON the roster, he may not have been active but he was on the roster.

No coach in his right mind would play Beverley 30+ minutes over the mighty Jeremy Lin. Haha

12. josephnicks

josephnicks Member

LOFs using the combine measurements to prove lins elite quickness as the best in the NBA.. keep posting your litle links fellas. he is fast fine, he has a quick first step fine.

how many nfl players run off the charts at the combine with electric 40 times and never utilize that speed in games.. you will never convince me lin is faster or more explosive than westbrook, or rose. or can handle a ball as quickly as a prime aaron brooks, rondo, wall, irving, or barbosa..

using combine stats as the sole measure to grade players is why GMs get fired. its why 6 qbs get drafted before tom brady. its why arian foster went undrafted because his combine numbers said he was slow and lacked break away speed...

1 person likes this.
  13. PhiSlamma

PhiSlamma Member

Dude, stop. I think you're making yourself look like a fool. And I don't think the "little links" throw-in is helping your case any.

Usually, when people use an adjective like "little", it means they are really on edge. As in, "nice job, little guy" rather than "nice job, man." That extra "little" usually means you really got on their nerves by whatever you did.

Lin has elite speed. It isn't about "little" links. It's about measurements. You want to hear something that will really blow your mind away?

I heard Lin has superior acceleration to Usain Bolt. You know, "Little" Usain Bolt.

Keep trying. We'll watch you dig your own hole deeper.

We get it -- you don't seem to want to concede Lin is a superior athlete. Too bad. It doesn't matter what you think. The numbers are in, and they tell the story.

1 person likes this.
  14. L7N

L7N Member

15. Panda23

Panda23 Member

Despite this his handle stops him from utilizing his speed more effectively. Gosh. It's his first season as a starter, he progressed nicely through the season and struggled in the playoffs. it happens.

People saying he's a Dleaguer after this series are the same people that discount everything did in NYK. I like Lin, I love Beverley, but the double standards just rack my brain. Gonna make a few HOU videos then stay off clutchfans for a while. Ceebs an offseason of lets trade lin for a potatoe

16. josephnicks

josephnicks Member

ok...

17. Nook

Nook Member

The Rockets will look for an upgrade at point guard if an opportunity presents itself, but if it doesn't they have bigger fish to fry courting Howard and trying to get that second all star.

18. PhiSlamma

PhiSlamma Member

I think Lin is better than Usain Bolt in start speed, not acceleration:

Get ready, here comes another "little" link:

http://thebamboxscore.com/2012/02/29/more-linsights/

So, Lin has a better starting speed than Usain Bolt, Kyrie Irving and John Wall. Not bad, eh?

For the people talking about how "Twitter" isn't big on Lin or how some fans at the game wanted Brooks over Lin, I would guide you to this little link:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/aliciaj...ts-viewership-and-merchandise-sales-in-china/

There are millions and millions of people in Asia who seem to love Lin quite a bit. Enough people, probably, to make "Twitter" and the fans chanting for Brooks tonight at the arena look like, well, not much.

Les Alexander and the NBA know this.

So I say it again: Rail all you want, but Lin isn't going anywhere and he seems almost certain to be the starting point guard next year.

If you don't like that, well, I guess you can keep shooting bb guns at the warship as you please. I won't try to stop you, even though I may take a chance here and there to say that the bb's aren't likely to make a dent on the warship's hull.

1 person likes this.
  19. PhiSlamma

PhiSlamma Member

Hey man, we don't need stats. We'll just take your word for it. Your "little" word should suffice over any empirical data.

20. PhiSlamma

PhiSlamma Member

You're welcome.