1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Thunder @ Rockets 5/3/2013 (Playoffs Round 1, Game 6)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, May 2, 2013.

1. muas2010

muas2010 Member

You can say the same thing for almost every team in the NBA....is any starter really worth 15-20 times of another player?

2. Vpballa916

Vpballa916 Contributing Member

If we have a piece that can at least provide the same services as the expensive piece.

You look to she'd that more expensive piece.

We need to get better, and to do that, we need to shed our weaknesses, and we need $$ to get better.

#2862 Vpballa916, May 4, 2013
    Last edited: May 4, 2013
  3. Sweetie Belle

Sweetie Belle Member

Interesting/solid seasons for the Rockets and the fans! Gonna give credit to all the young player for bringing western conference 1st seed to the game 6! We ain't Lakers, we're Rockets and we don't get swept! (OKC ain't going nowhere!)

4. jscmedia

jscmedia Contributing Member

Chandler Parsons was really really amazing in his growth this year, and when he has the ball I just expect him to make something happen. What a tremendous asset moving forward.

Chandler Bang !

5. Vpballa916

I co-sign

He and Asik are locked in at their positions for the future.
    So proud of their progress.

6. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

The Rockets having more playoff wins than the great Lakers is satisfaction enough.

7. muas2010

muas2010 Member

No. My bet is that CP3 resigns and the coach gets booted. That team needs another star player to really do much. The West is going to get even tougher next year.....all young guns getting better and injured players coming back.

8. shumbum

shumbum Member

No sheet! lol It's like fans grasping for life everytime we do badly and then look for someone to blame. Not such a mystery why we have so many empty seats and quiet fans at home games.

9. Rio224

Rio224 Member

Atleast we didn't get swept :) and our guys will get stronger ;)

10. Vpballa916

That's the thing, they cannot get another star after maxing out Griffin and giving DeAndre that 43 million dollar deal. Paul is going to get the Max, wherever he goes.

If he gets the Max with the clippers, they won't have anymore cap room to make any significant changes.

Like I said before, but i'll reiterate once more,

CP3 ain't no fool

11. DOLPHIN2k2

DOLPHIN2k2 Member

Great season, I think HOU will have a much better season next year after allowing the team to develop more over the summer. LAC is a much better regarded team but also are out after the 1st round.

PG can only be effective in a game when there is movement and spacing to drive or create mismatches. Harden ISO allows him to play one on one against his defender but his record this year has not been so good. Even the SAS win was with a screen. I hope he develops more trust with his teammates or get better at ISO so we can win close games.

12. cbk41

cbk41 Member

Knick fans are always looking for a scapegoat and are some of the most brutal in American sport. But MSG has always been loud and well attended.

But nice cheap shot at the city while it's down.

13. Hakeem06

Hakeem06 Member

If I lived in the Houston area I would be several home games each year (to the dismay of my wife because I get way too involved in games).

I don't get why this team doesn't get better fan support. Come on, this is a proud franchise with championships and multiple hall-of-famers. Show up!

I was the only Rockets fan at sports bar in Tulsa tonight, why can't fans in Houston show up to games? If I can hold down a Tulsa sports bar by myself, why can't you show up to home games?

14. Vpballa916

I gotta say, though

Harden couldn't have picked a worst time to stink it up, especially when Kevin Martin(his replacement) goes off and eliminates his team from the playoffs.

Harden has a lot of growing to do still, we need him to expand his game, his elite consistency, and his mental fortitude.

15. muas2010

muas2010 Member

Exactly, CP3 isn't going to be a fool to come to Houston. No bonifde superstars ever walk away from marquee markets unless pushed out....see Shaq.

16. torocan

torocan Member

Um, who's blaming Harden for game 6?

Harden got heat in game 4 because he was shooting like crap, the rest of the team was playing well but he still wouldn't pass the ball. That's nothing to do with injury, that's just making bad decisions.

As for Lin, it was taken out of his hands. He didn't suit up for games 4 and 5 because they literally wouldn't let him play. They don't keep you out of play off games over "minor" injuries.

http://blog.chron.com/ultimaterocke...kets-trying-to-first-overcome-injury-illness/

As for being cleared to play, you don't just get on the court 2 days after they won't even medically clear you and suddenly light it up. That only happens in movies. Really bad sports movies.

17. muas2010

muas2010 Member

Harden is the man, but I still wonder how much better or worse if the team had not traded for Harden. Preseason games are just that but Rockets did play well and even beat OCK in their preseason matchup.

18. Vpballa916

The Clippers,(even though they are from LA) will never be on the same level as the Lakers(marketing wise)

This is going to be Chris Paul's last contract, Blake Griffin has gotten hurt in the playoffs, twice now(last season and now)

Chris is going to go to the team that gives him the best opportunity to win a championship. Chris Paul isn't a young buck, just trying to make bucks.

He knows that his career will be defined by a championship. I'm not saying it will be Houston that lands Paul,

I'm just saying Houston has a better chance to win a title than the clippers do.
    We have better young pieces with huge upside in Harden, Parson's, Asik

19. steady

steady Member

James Harden ‏@JHarden13 29s Thanks to all of the Rockets fans for the support this season! Great year. We will be back even better next year! #RedNation!!!! #Beard

20. fxbillie

fxbillie Member

Agree

Don't understand why all the negativity when your youngest team in NBA beat all expectation to make it to the playoff and pushed the defending western champion to 6 games when most thought this would be a sweep. Whole bunch of youngsters playing together first time with a new coach and they gave us fans many exciting games, even blow out games over top teams. What else do the haters want? Just look around the other teams and their fans sitting at home with nothing to cheer. They would love to trade your place. Count our blessings. It has been a great year and the young guys did their best, many suffered painful injury while doing the battle on the court. Cheer the team for their achievement. Congratulation for an outstanding season.