1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Thunder @ Rockets 5/3/2013 (Playoffs Round 1, Game 6)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, May 2, 2013.

1. torocan

torocan Member

Lin wanted to play. The doctors wouldn't clear him to play. Check out Friedman's twitter.

And the injury wasn't minor. The guy could barely lift his arm, and his particular injury also impairs breathing. He's basically trying to play with bruised ribs.

I refer you to THIS interview with an actual Doctor...

http://houston.cbslocal.com/2013/05...remy-lins-injured-chest/#.UYKKr4lROMc.twitter

The more you know...

2. Vpballa916

Vpballa916 Contributing Member

If Lin wasn't getting paid that contract, I would agree with you, just off potential.

This isn't the case, Beverley has at least shown that he can fill in Lin's role at a huge price differential.

Lin is not THAT much better than Beverley to justify paying Lin all that money.

They are both 24, as well

3. muas2010

muas2010 Member

CP3 takes almost any team to another level....Harden is NOT a great spot up shooter. You're going to have a lot of locker room issues with Harden needing to do more with CP3 running the show. If you watch the Clippers...how many times do you see CP3 in the game and not handling the ball?.....yeah....almost a big ZERO.

4. Verbatim

Verbatim Member

Enough talk about JLin.

Congrats to the Rockets for a great season. Didn't think they would win 1 game but taking 2 and one at OKC is tough.

Sure, Westbrook is out but that's life. When Yao went down in the playoffs nobody felt sorry for the Rockets.

The future is bright. Looking forward for all the current Rockets to improve next season.

If there is a major additional of another superstar then all the better.

No telling what DM will do so no cense guessing. Now that Houston is a better destination for FAs this could be the next "Superfriends" destination.

5. Patterned919

Patterned919 Member

lol...

Harden and CP3 aren't going to have any locker room issues. They're close friends.

6. mrm32

mrm32 Member

Brightest spot of this season? Chandler Parson's improvement especially in the playoffs.

7. Karolik

Karolik Member

Yep. You are correct. Westbrook took a lot of the ISOs and a ton of shots. He basically played SG.

8. Hakeem06

Hakeem06 Member

It's easy to blame Lin because he wasn't there in the playoffs playing through injuries to help his team win. This is simple stuff: you either fight through adversity or you don't. Simple as that.

Lin didn't play worth a sh#t when he was healthy so why are people defending him because of his injury?

I just don't get it. Harden is to blame for everything, but Lin gets a pass because of a minor injury?

I feel like I am taking crazy pills. What do we really value in our players? Guys who fight through injuries and sickness or guys who sprain a shoulder and miss two playoff games and do basically nothing to help this team win?

Sometimes I just feel sorry for you guys who buy into this bullsh#t.

Harden is player and Lin is a faker. I'll take Beverly any day of the week over Lin to play for me. He's fearless and doesn't take this league for granted. I will live with his mistakes over a guy who refuses to take big shots and take responsibility for losses.

I just want guys who don't give a sh$t about what the media thinks about them and want to win games. Harden, Parsons, Asik, Beverly and Garcia fit that mold. They can play for me any day.

We have to separate the real from the fake on this team and we can take this to the next level.

1 person likes this.
  9. muas2010

muas2010 Member

Based on how NBA players are paid, Lin is worth every penny this year...you want to look at a total loser please phone Bynum.:grin:

10. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

As a Lin fan, I just hopes he works extremely hard in the off season to fix all his weaknesses and not travel around the world to promote stuff. Basically live in a gym :(

11. Vpballa916

That's because the Clippers don't have anyone who can handle the ball at an elite level or facilitate.

CP3 is the unquestioned leader of any team. Harden has failed to perform at an elite level in this series. Anyone would Love to play with CP3.

12. Vpballa916

I'm talking about what we have, not other teams.

13. muas2010

muas2010 Member

Eh....that's how things blow up real big.

14. mil

mil Member

I don't hate on Harden .He is one of the main reason we are in the playoff .I just don't agreed with the poster's excuse that strep throat is or might be the reason for his poor play at the end. Strep throat had nothing to do with his iso hero balls and turnovers which had became common occurrence.

15. Type Raba

Type Raba Member

not gonna happen cuz chris and cliff are staying in hollywood. instead we need a COACH that will call EVERYONE out.

straight up, we ran a playground system this year. expecting the youngest team in the nba to come up with their own plays? how dumb is that? running "simple" plays so its easier for the team just makes it easier for the other team to figure out and exploit.

need a new coach and a revised system that doesnt "exclude" mid range shots...

1 person likes this.
  16. Vpballa916

I could see how people could question Lin'a toughness. I mean after he didn't come back in NY when he claimed to be "85%"
    I mean then, I could see how he was worried about his future, but now he's getting paid millions and didn't play through it.

I'm not saying Lin didn't have an injury that prevented him from playing, I'm just saying that I can see why people would be upset with him and question his toughness as a player and as a competitor.

He had nothing to lose.

17. jscmedia

jscmedia Contributing Member

It was painfully obvious James was a walking zombie. Couldn't drink water at half time and didn't eat food today. He was pretty much a decoy much of the time. Yes he often has created sloppy turnovers, but from my seat it looked like he couldn't even control his basic dribble in the second half once he was defended, and his passes missed that split second difference being healthy would have made. It was what it was. So proud of the Rockets. What a great run.

18. Maknusia

Maknusia Member

OH Man! overall what a game! Rox rocked!

Seriously folks, you guys are overthinking. We were one of the youngest team with minimum wagers. Assembled very late, as the season begun.

Then we had some players moving in and out; imagine the amount of emotion and chemistry needed. Good team equals to good chemistry as well.

Overall U would give Rox a B+ for this season. No one expected us to come this far and give a fight with almost winning chance; but we lost to experience, thats all. Take note McHale is a rookie as well for the team.

I trust, the team had shown NBA what could do with such a short time taken putting them together.

Let me start with minuses ;)

We need to reduce our turnovers, seriously guys, thats one of our biggest flaw, all the way from James, Jeremy and Chandler. They really need to work on that this summer.
    Which I'm sure, with better chemistry this should go down.

Kevin McHale had done superb job, although some of his rotation was questionable during he season, but then he didnt have time to go thru drills with the team, hence he just used the games boldly to see what works.
    I trust the has better understanding of the players now and develops better game plan and drilling the dos and donts with the players.

We played mainly focusing on run&gun and 3pointers. Hence Jeremy was just lost in the system not knowing what and where he should be. Since this is his first full season with new team, players and role. I would forgive him as well. He had known us what he is capable off. He could score and run the offense well.

he just need to buy into the system, if he were to excel, since we dont run pure PG plays. McHale likes to make everyone as a guard and bring the ball up making space and rotations. Not sure if Mchale would develop a different system for next season. But it doesnt matter, Jeremy need to throw his emotion away and buyin into the system, rather than thinking he wants to play his own pick&roll or making his teammates better kind of game, We are NOT knicks!

James Harden, was just superb all around. There is nothing really to criticize on the way he had played and behaved. He had been paid and made the franchise; hence he shouldered the team. It was just at times too much shouldering. He needs to trust his teammates better. His iso is one of the best in the league, but he needs to know when to use it as a weapon; hence minimizing his iso. He also need to pickup on defense ; which I trust McHale and he would be working things out over the summer.

Chandler Parsons, man he was unexpected huge for Rox. everything was good on him. He defended when needed, run the floor and made the points when needed. I would still like to see him picking a little but more on defense as well.

Omer Asik, man he was huge for us on rebounds and some critical plays as well. He just need to work on catching the ball better and not bringing it too low before dunking.

Patrick Beverly, was really a underdog and give a huge zest for the team. He just made the team pumped up on the each plays. He made some huge blocks and 3s when needed.
    He just need to blend into the team play better and continue to work on the 3s.

The rest of the bench just need to work on defense and 3s which we rely alot. Again it depends on McHale's strategy going into next season.

As for CF fans, please stop the JL and JH bashings. They are our players, criticizing such as harden's iso or Lin's un-aggressiveness is fine, but whats the point bashing them?

Cheers to ALL :cool:

19. Vpballa916

There's a good chance Chris leaves. 2 seasons now the Clippers have fallen short. Chris ain't no fool, he knows that this is as far as the Clippers can go.

20. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This quick rush to blame either Lin or Harden is just plain silly.

I think the bottom line is that our team what they should have and left it all out there in game 5. Our guys were banged up that game. Lin was still huring, Harden had the Strep. Brooks, and Garcia were banged up from game 5. Delfino was out.

We turned the ball over too much, Beverly was in foul trouble. There was plenty of reasons why we lost tonight.

There's no need to find a scapegoat to blame the series loss on. We were an 8 seed going against a one seed. It was highly improbable that we would win this series, but we fought hard. Our young team got some valuable experience. Now they can work on their weaknesses and games during the off season.

I look forward to next year. If we get a chance at a huge deal then great. If not we don't really need to do too much right now. The main thing our team was lacking was experience.

Nothing to feel ashamed about from these guys. It was a great season and they did better than they were expected to do.

1 person likes this.