1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Thunder @ Rockets 5/3/2013 (Playoffs Round 1, Game 6)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, May 2, 2013.

1. agpal77

agpal77 Rookie

Man, I knew Harden would go crazy with ISOs and turnovers and make us lose this series. He just seems to lack humility and basketball IQ!!! Harden is a lose cannon for real! We need another all star with more stability and IQ than this schmuck!!!

2. Type Raba

Type Raba Member

then its up to the GM to find a coach that can and will actually COACH...

3. DOLPHIN2k2

DOLPHIN2k2 Member

He was definitely the key to the OKC winning to night. We were not able to get easy rebound and run out. Asik need to toughen up over the summer or one of our pf needs to be able to block out ppl like he does.

The other key for OKC tonight was Reggie Jackson going off. We focus so much on Durant and they adjusted by having others score.

4. crimmy88

crimmy88 Member

Blaming Lin is pretty stupid. He held his ground defensively much better than Brooks did. We lost on defense - not on offense. Can't do much when we pick to double Durant and his shooters were spot-on tonight.

Some of you haters are just dumb. I;m just proud that Lin had the balls to come out tonight and play specially with our lack of depth because of Carlos' injury. We needed Lin to spot some minutes and play solid D and he did just that.

5. gate470

gate470 Rookie

Lin's the scapegoat of this team. The PG's on this team tend to shoulder most of the blame (that's what some of the vets say).

6. TheJet

TheJet Member

It's nice to see a lot of folks happy with the season, the playoff berth, and the two wins after going down 0-3. I enjoyed watching these kids play with house money and give a great team a challenge. There's a bright future here.

And as expected a bunch of you clowns have nothing but negative bile to spew. Poor winners, poor losers, poor sports fans in general. Enjoy your off season.

1 person likes this.
  7. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

Of all the nights for Scott Brooks to finally realize how huge Nick Collison is for them, he had to pick tonight. All series long, every time Collison got on the court, he changed the momentum. Whether it was by playing great help defense, moving without the basketball, or working hard on the boards, he was huge for OKC. Scott Brooks finally noticed it tonight and the fact that it took him this long is astonishing to me.

Now, with that being said, it was a hell of a run at it. This team upped their effort and will to win more to make it interesting when a lot of other teams would have thrown in the towel. Unfortunately, the past two games I was thinking, "Our shots are falling now, but at some point it's going to catch up to us"... I just wish it wouldn't have happened at the worst possible time.

Anyways, now it's time to learn from the series and get better for next year. You can't just assume that this team will automatically be better next year.

8. MourningWood

MourningWood Contributing Member

FIFY.

9. muas2010

muas2010 Member

Are you serious? > 32 minutes with 8 points, 0 assists, 1 TO and 4 fouls. He played worse then Lin playing with one arm.....Bev is and never will be the answer. If it's not Lin it's never going to be Bev, but I'm afraid McHail doesn't recognize that too.

10. Vpballa916

Vpballa916 Contributing Member

You cannot have both Asik and Howard.

Big men 101, one of your bigs need to have a mid range game. Preferably your PF.

Asik and Howard are obviously Centers

11. jocar

jocar Member

No more playoffs makes the chief cry.

[​IMG]

(More reason to hate Derek Fisher the ********in p***y ass b**** made punk mother****in douchebag flopwhore cheap ****in 3 point camper die in a ****ing car wreck and burn slow)

12. steady

steady Member

Daryl Morey ‏@dmorey 28m Some things cannot be overcome w/determination alone - congrats 2OKC

13. javajam

javajam Contributing Member

I like this post!!

14. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

Great season, Rockets. Looking forward to next year!

15. Karolik

Karolik Member

Both need to go if there isn't MAJOR improvement next season.

16. crimmy88

crimmy88 Member

I kept praying tonight that he plays Perkins more. Every time that ******* is on the floor, we seem to always make a run.

17. Hakeem06

Hakeem06 Member

My thoughts exactly!

If Harden is the one making these decisions, then we need a coach is going to say "I'm the coach and we are going to run my offense".

We can't have a head coach who is afraid of his players. Phil Jackson, Greg Popavich and Doc Rivers don't care what their best player thinks about their offense. They either run it or don't play.

People act like this sh$t is difficult. You either make the shots or let guys run all over you. It's that simple in this league. If McHale can't stand up to Harden, then fire his a$$.

We need someone who is willing to make this team succeed.

18. rpr52121

rpr52121 Sober Fan
    Supporting Member

I swear I remember the Rockets running a PG/SG or even a SG/SF Pick and Roll early this year with Harden a back screen on Hardens guy right before Harden becomes a the Pick guy for Lin or even running the same play with Parsons as the pick guy for Harden.

Does no one else remember running something like that?

19. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

I thought Bev played pretty well. He had a good +/- I believe till the end when he was brought back in for Lin. His type of play doesn't really show up in the stats well.

20. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

Kevin Durant gave the Rockets a lot of props in the post-game interview. Good for him. He can be a douche, but so can Lebron, Carmelo, etc. Props to the Thunder, and the Rockets have a great future. Out.