1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Thank you Francisco Garcia

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mig0s, Apr 27, 2013.

1. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

t-rob was a smoke screen! this is who morey really wanted

2. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

This is the same as the shane battier plays good D on Kobe myth. Kobe pretty much had the same numbers he always had. Durant is putting up 35-7-7 on good efficiency. There were a few plays where he was bugged, but in general Durant did what he wanted. We really just were hitting our threes and they weren't.

1 person likes this.
  3. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Man, it's almost like this was made for the Rockets.:)

4. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

if he's willing to come back for Delfino money, he might be worth keeping. Has one of the nicest strokes in the NBA, and i've been pleasantly surprised by his mobility. He's definitely a player...and a great lockerroom guy to boot.

5. kastuul

kastuul Member

I would rather put TJ and DMO to shoot 3 in regular season.
    We have to develop them.

Even if Garcia accepts the minimum, he must be in the 3rd Unit next season.

We should refer the opinions from Kings fans.

6. Benchwarmer

Benchwarmer Member

The key to winning the game is ... If Durant is torching us, that's OK, just don't let any other Thunder player torch us too. No Kevin Martin 3-point shooting clinic, no Serge Ibaka slam dunk fest. KD cannot outscore 5 Rockets. :cool:

7. jank1434

jank1434 Contributing Member

Get the "three-two" chants going tomorrow night.

8. GanjaRocket

GanjaRocket Member

**** I'd pick up the team option if I had to. Dude is that valuable

9. GoT

GoT Member

They main reason Durant did not score in the Fourth was because he was spent from fighting with Garcia(mainly)/Parson/Delfino(whatever minutes he played) for the entire three quarters. Kudos to Garcia, parson, and the coaching staff.

10. kastuul

kastuul Member

I guess the Lakers desperate for 3pts shooters this summer.

He is a good locker room presence, but too hard for him to accept 2-3Mil and play in 3 unit.

11. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Garcia's defense was a revelation. I had no idea that he was that good on that side of the ball. He's always been great from downtown, and I didn't expect a lot beyond his offense. Hope the guy didn't wear himself out!

12. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

A shame that he wasted most of his career with that horrible team.

And who would have thought any time during the last few years now that Garcia would be having a bigger positive impact for his team this series than old teammate Kevin Martin?

13. srrm

srrm Contributing Member

He's a good defender here because he doesn't have to play physical defense on Durant, rather his length and hustle to stay in front of KD are the best qualities. This kind of defense won't work against most other players, it's just that Francisco is tall enough and somehow fast enough to stay in front of KD.

Actually, in my opinion, one of the reasons he's staying in front of KD is because Garcia is getting away with a lot of hand-checking. Maybe that's just the way it goes in the playoffs, but technically he shouldn't have his hands on Durant. I think refs don't call it because Garcia doesn't look strong enough to detrimentally hand-check KD, but Parsons certainly gets called for them.

14. jscmedia

jscmedia Contributing Member

Technically Garcia is driving Durant crazy !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go Baby Rockets!

15. YYYY1313

YYYY1313 Member

That spanish guy is pretty good!

16. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

That's a real trip, isn't it? Could Martin possibly have a worse series? He can still go off, of course, but so far, Martin's largely been a non-factor. This is a contract year for the guy. He isn't doing himself a lot of good right now.

I've been surprised at Garcia's endurance. There were times that he looked really gased, but he kept going. As for what they're allowing on defense, it's always been a rougher game in the playoffs. If the refs are even-handed about what they call or don't call, I'm fine with that. I hope Delfino is OK, because Durant could get Garcia and Parsons in foul trouble pretty quickly. I like how they've been rotating the 3 guys on Durant. He's clearly been bothered by them and was getting worn down by the 4th, IMO. We'll miss Delfino if he's out.

17. Asian Sensation

Said it when we first traded for him.

Bob Sura V2.0

18. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

I can understand your point to an extent. How much of the game was Durant held by Garcia vs other people has to be taken into account.

Also my point is more geared towards the end of the game where he has been pretty solid in disrupting a few plays.

There is no way Garcia is going to stop Durant who can shoot over him. But he has done a great job in my opinion regardless of the points that Durant puts up.

19. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Nickname him Stones. He has big ones.