1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Hoping Lin is ready for Weds....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by lwlee, Apr 30, 2013.

Tags:
  1. shortfuse3

shortfuse3 Member

C'mon now Aaron Brooks was a STUD yesterday. He loves playing against Fisher.

2. Fair Dinkum

Fair Dinkum Member

You're right but I don't think Lin cares about people pouncing on his poor performance, the coaches have been tracking him all season and know what he can do. Lin's no slouch when it comes to quickness either. He's performed well under pressure more often than not.

1 person likes this.
  3. YoungGods

YoungGods Member

Oh I didn't know about the Morey interview from today but that's great news.:)

4. shortfuse3

shortfuse3 Member

From the looks of it it looks like the coaching staff doesn't want Lin back for this series.

It's unfortunate but frankly I don't blame them, Bev and Brooks have been amazing.

5. Gumblin

Gumblin Member

You go with the hot hand. When Phil Simms led the giants to a 11-1 Record, then Hostetler came into lead them to the SB, Hostetler stayed the starter and won it all. Worry about who starts next year.

As much as I want Lin to do well, sitting Lin would probably be in the Rockets best interest.

6. brick

brick Member

Harden did great at the 5th game. This is the good Harden we have seen. But there is also a bad Harden when his shots don't fall and he tends to do more ball handling and shut down his teammates. So the key actually is that Harden (and other players to a less extent) learns that when in a bad shooting day, he should shift more energy in the intangibles allowing his teammates to shine.

1 person likes this.
  7. real_egal

real_egal Contributing Member

Lin is a basketball player, and he doesn't rewrite natural laws or common sense. Some posters need to remember this.

Forget about Jeremy or fans supporting/opposing him, or whatever expression and motive/intention/thoughts you are so confident you can read from watching TV. Also, please forget about the money he's earned and you have not paid a single penny. That's Les' money and Lin's money. Just forget about all that.

Here is a young basketball player, who happens to be your starting PG in all 82 regular season games. No matter how disappointed you are with him, he contributed to the end result and Rockets is in playoff now.

That said basketball player got hurt in the game 2 of playoffs. If he's recovered, and the coach/training staff/teammates believe that he's fit enough to play. Common sense is, THAT player can contribute, maybe from the bench, 10 or 15 minutes, more or less, depending on situation and his performance.

Is that common sense? Or injured but recovered starter or just any role player should never be allowed to come back to play again? Just because someone is frigging "concerned" that he MIGHT disrupt what's going on?!! AB was hurt, Delfino was hurt, but NO, they would never "disrupt" anything when they come back, because they are so different.

All the fuss, is it just because his name is Jeremy Lin? Is it a crime to be Jeremy Lin? What did he do? Played terribly in game 1 of playoffs? That's it? Am I missing anything here? Did he stop Rockets to reach 72-10 regular season record with his 13-6?! So he's such a cancer that he should never see one minute of floor time?

All those thoughtful "concerned" "fans", can someone please enlighten me, one MIGHT be hit by a falling tree, should everyone just stay at home and act tough behind the keyboard?

3 people like this.
  8. boiler

boiler Member

It really sucks for Lin. Ever since Linsanity, he seems to be always in bad situations. The season ending injury last year, the contract controversy last summer, poor performance during preseason and first half of the season largely due to the last season's injury and his new role on the team, the emergence of Beverly, and now this.

9. shortfuse3

shortfuse3 Member

This reminds me of when Colin Kaepernick replaced Alex Smith and divided the SF fanbase, expect on a much smaller scale.

10. RoxDC

RoxDC Member

Slightly different situation since Lin can still come off the bench for spot minutes, worst case. Otherwise, you have a Tebow situation.

11. Hrock

Hrock Rookie

If there is a second round, i think our three guards would give the next team fits. Think about the lineups, substitutions the coaching staff could figure out and change up in the games. (hopefully done right, cause I can see it going horrible too. lol)

1 person likes this.
  12. peter2012

peter2012 Member

Well said! Lin haters are insane these few days.

13. Karolik

Karolik Member

Lin has earned the right to start.

But the guy is seriously raw and his game is immature.

Beverley almost plays like a seasoned vet, and Brooks is a seasoned vet hence why the offense looks "more in control" when they are part of it.

14. redhotrox

redhotrox Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>If I were the Rockets, even with Lin healthy I would continue to play Brooks who is better offensively and Beverley … <a href="http://t.co/256gH5fVh4" title="http://say.ly/NwT5Jpo">say.ly/NwT5Jpo</a></p>&mdash; Earvin Magic Johnson (@MagicJohnson) <a href="https://twitter.com/MagicJohnson/status/330024124313374720">May 2, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

15. hustle_town

hustle_town Rookie

agreed.

as a bulls fan, watching this series with the nets, Nate Robinson is killing it. Yet, if D Rose was available today, I'd put him back in there in an instant. A lot of people here are too what-have-you-done-for-me-lately which is surprising since Gary Kubiak hasn't been fired yet.

16. FearTheBeardJH

Rockets are better without Lin. I hope Morey get rid of him in the offseason.

1 person likes this.
  17. rocketman84

rocketman84 Member

Please don't compare Lin to Derek Rose. You lose credibility.

18. PhiSlamma

PhiSlamma Member

Yeah, Magic also said this:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Laker Nation: The Spurs are the perfect match-up for the @<a href="https://twitter.com/lakers">lakers</a> without the great Kobe Bryant.</p>&mdash; Earvin Magic Johnson (@MagicJohnson) <a href="https://twitter.com/MagicJohnson/status/325030087235870721">April 18, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

So, Magic gets them right sometimes. Other times, not so much.

Love Magic, but his analysis can be up and down.

19. agpal77

agpal77 Rookie

20. ThisVoice

ThisVoice Member

THIS!