1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Hoping Lin is ready for Weds....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by lwlee, Apr 30, 2013.

Tags:
  1. thesonofsam

thesonofsam Member

Fine. Throw out game 3. Guy was PURE TRASH in the first 2 games. I don't hate Lin. I just think Bev and AB are playing better. I don't want their minutes taken away because this guy sells jerseys overseas.

2. luckytxn

luckytxn Member

Huh

Parsons is still a kid. He needs more time but he has the skills to be a better than average defender also. :rolleyes:

3. spdngyns69

spdngyns69 Member

Hoping he's not.

4. CasaDolce

CasaDolce Rookie

Pure trash in game 2? Read the post above you.

5. timyeung

timyeung Member

Of course Bev and AB are playing better. Lin is injured. If Westbrook was playing now, Bev and AB would be playing better then him too.

6. RickyNewport

RickyNewport Member

Oh gosh... Relax dude. Lin will get his chance to prove himself on the court.

What he will prove himself to be...??? I don't know...

7. RocketFever

RocketFever Member

Ok, come now again, game 2 he was shooting 50% efg, and on pace for 14/8/6/4steals, and had a plus/minus of 0, and this was against Westbrook, one of the top ball defenders at the PG position (per synergy).

8. aesthetics80

aesthetics80 Member

1-3? He played bad in game 1 but was playing well in game 2 before he got hurt. So that's 1 bad game and 1 decent game before injury. Game 3 he was obviously playing hurt so how would you quantify that as folding under pressure?

Going by your logic then Harden should have just been benched for tonight's game after his game 4 performance.

9. luckytxn

luckytxn Member

Maybe

A healthy Lin that can play would be a good weapon to have. Beverly is just zoning right now.

10. Star

Star Member

AB and Bev played well but if you think Lin is trash then you are a ****ing racist.

You are so BANNED for mentioning he is here for just for selling jerseys.

GTFO dude! You are disgraceful as a Rockets fan:mad::mad:

11. yunac010

yunac010 Member

Actually one of my complaints about Lin during the regular season was that he never seemed to hit shots against bad teams. I don't know if he was playing down to the level of the competition (like the rest of the team tends to do) or he just rises to the occasion in big games.

He was beyond terrible, no doubt, in game 1 but so was the rest of the team. I chalk that up to nerves and inexperience. He looked significantly better in game 2 before he got hurt, probably due to the absence of Westbrook and being less nervous. Game 3 he was injured and hurt the team more than helped. So really this small sample size isn't indicative of how he could be playing. For all we know he could continue the atrocious performance in game 1 or step up and completely own old man Fisher.

Either way I don't see him coming back Friday so there's no point in arguing. And I agree that Bev and AB have been balling. As long as AB isn't hurt I couldn't care less whether or not Lin comes back this series, esp with Parsons stepping up.

12. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

The Rockets absolutely need Lin with Delfino and Garcia banged up.

13. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

He is a good defender. He's done a good job of covering Durant. Look at the regular season and last season.

But covering Durant takes a lot out of him and so his offense suffers. Now that Garcia is guarding him, it helps out Parsons on the offensive side.

14. shortfuse3

shortfuse3 Member

Even if Lin is healthy I think he'll do more harm than good.

Brooks is about to be UNLEASHED into 2009 Brooks.

15. thesonofsam

thesonofsam Member

Westbrook abused Lin and he folded in game one. Bev came in and most important, wasnt afraid. I just want the best guys on the floor. Can anyone confidently say that Lin will/is better that Bev at this very moment. I dont care about season stats, RIGHT NOW. I think the combo of Bev and Brooks gives us a better chance to win RIGHT NOW than Lin taking away any of their minutes.

16. shortfuse3

shortfuse3 Member

Honestly I don't want to see Lin the rest of these playoffs. Guy plays too scared out there.

Brooks and Beverley are here to WIN

1 person likes this.
  17. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

You're the one who's not a rockets fan. You're only "a fan of the rockets" cause your obsession has a jersey that says Houston on the front.

Lin's been playing like crap lately.

Hey, up until this recent game, Harden has played like garbage. I'm going to be critical of these players when need be.

18. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Are you serious? or being sarcastic, not quite sure.

19. Fair Dinkum

Fair Dinkum Member

Give it a rest and go hate on the other team. This is time to celebrate and stick it to OKC. Go join their forum and stick it to them, you'll get far more enjoyment there! Think of it as a seek & destroy mission on their turf.

20. nbafan74

nbafan74 Member

Goodbye Jeremy Lin