1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Durant's cheap shot attempt

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by CowboyJeffR, Apr 30, 2013.

1. PinkTacos

PinkTacos Member

All this hype for a small tiny elbow...
    [​IMG]

2. GoRox2013

GoRox2013 Member

Ahhh. I was kinda embarrassed thinking this but the way that asian lady looks at him like she wants it:grin:

3. CowboyJeffR

CowboyJeffR Member

Yeah, it was nothing. I thought the intent was there for it to be something though. It was an attempt at a cheap shot that didn't connect IMO. There is only one reason to throw that second arm out there and that is to hit Parsons.

It's not a big deal, not like I'm asking you guys to look for a second shooter on the grassy knoll, I just wanted to point out something that I saw.

4. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

That's the POINT of the commercial! It's supposed to be FUNNY.

And if that was intent to be dirty, then Durant needs to take lessons from Bill Laimbeer and Kevin McHale. That was not dirty.

5. tmac2therack

tmac2therack Member

Did anybody listen how stupid Chris Webber sounded in the video? Harden was our first all-star since Steve Francis in 03? What? Did you forgot about Yao and T-Mac?

6. i meow a lot

i meow a lot Member

what stupid fking thread...kd not allowed to play with emotion? the guy is one of the most mild mannered athletes in sports. This isn't a chess tournament. No on to more pressing matters, like Harden's broken jumper

7. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

You just quoted yourself smarty :grin:

8. CowboyJeffR

CowboyJeffR Member

Sorry I ruined your day.

Whatever happened to the good old days when if you saw a thread that you didn't like, you just didn't respond to it?

9. Dat Dude

Dat Dude Member

Y u mad brah?

10. CasaDolce

CasaDolce Rookie

I used to think that Durant was one of the very few classy NBA players. Now he's just one of the 400+ normal players. The not wanting to be second anymore thing is changing him.

11. mil

mil Member

It was rumored that Harden was hitting on Ibaka's girl friend ,Keri Hilson, while they were team-mate in Oklahoma City last year.

12. merrrlo

merrrlo Member

Seriously?

"The commercial brings out the stereotypes that all men do is lounge around the house watching sports,..."
    I did not get that from the commercial, and as a man I don't find it offensive (it's certainly not racism, though)
    "...black men are only good for working (a slave mentality),..."
    Again, I don't see how the commercial implies that...
    "...being forbidden sex partners, women need the help of men..."
    What??
    "...and that Asian people are short."
    No, genius, Kevin Durant is much taller than the average man. Had the wife been of a different race, would you have come up with the same conclusion? Also, why do you assume the husband must be Asian just because his wife is? Talk about racism...

Back on topic: didn't look dirty at all, probably was trying to avoid Parsons falling on him. And even if he was going for a cheap shot (which again, I do not believe), he did a pretty terrible job at it...

13. DreamRoxCoogFan

i thought James wasn't a fan of the whole "girlfriend" concept. Lol

14. robrhodes

robrhodes Member

I was upset he was pushing off all night. I even think a couple fouls got called on us when he pushed off lol. I remember watching Jordan get superstar calls, but I don't remember them being on the level that Durant gets them. With Fisher and Kmart flopping every chance they get, and the refs giving them home team calls on our court, it seems impossible to win. :mad::mad::mad:

15. TJ VS TR

TJ VS TR Member

Artest immediately comes to mind, the people's elbow on Harden all over again. This one isn't that bad whatsoever.

In response to the racist comment, I have reason to say what I did, but I'm sorry, don't want to have a long discussion on this here right now. BTW, I was just quoting that article as an example of possibilities, I don't agree with him at all.

16. FoOLiSh_AzN

FoOLiSh_AzN Member

17. <3myrockets

<3myrockets Contributing Member

Plus his kid thinks he looks weird.

18. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

I don't think KD is dirty. I don't think he cheats. Far from it. He's darn good and has gotten to where he is by being good and working hard. However, I think he whines, retaliates, and instigates on the court as bad as anyone. Therefore I take issue with people who put him on a pedestal and consider him above criticism. Westbrook is a total hot-head, and Fisher is a cold-blooded scam artist. That has to have some influence on him. I have nothing but respect for Ibaka and Scotty B though.

Is there anything someone can post that contributes less to a conversation than "y u mad brah?"

19. jedicro

jedicro Member

That may be the funniest out of context sentence ever.

That is all.

20. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

what a bunch of SOFs, Soft Only Fans

Coach McHale,

show them what a REAL DIRTY PLAY is

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/m-FndnLvRRs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>