1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chris Broussard stands against Jason Collins beliefs

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by kwakmeister, Apr 30, 2013.

1. kwakmeister

kwakmeister Contributing Member

I post this as I am amazed that some people actually openly went against the mainstream hype. You don't really see this. I am ecstatic that he sticks by his guns.

I didn't like Broussard much, but after this I have a new found respect for him.

Cue the 'Multiple Sources' photo :D
    http://ftw.usatoday.com/2013/04/espns-chris-broussard-thinks-jason-collins-is-a-sinner/

2. atomicanderz

atomicanderz Member

1. Broussard's an idiot.
    2. You're an idiot.

6 people like this.
  3. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

"Multiple Sources" claim that Broussard ignores Christ and throws the first stone

3 people like this.
  4. kwakmeister

So it's okay to just call me an idiot for liking Broussard following the bible? hah, okay guy.

1 person likes this.
  5. Soybean Fanatic

Yes, man. Finally an upstanding person who defends god's path of exclusively intramarriagely practiced heterosexuality against the onslaught of sinful gay NBA scrub centers. Bravo!

6. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

so anyone who has had premarital sex isn't a christian either. pretty sure that's 99.99% of NBA players.

7. cheke64

cheke64 Member

I want to hear what Stephen A dumbass and the "25 nba players" that agree with him have to say. 25 I say.

8. BigBenito

BigBenito Member

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/-u4Z3n2Fnyc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

9. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

At least I respect Broussard for saying what he thinks, a lot more NBA players agree with Broussard but are too scared to say anything.

That said, Christianity is stupid, as are all other religions.

10. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Matthew 6:1

11. Anxiety Trooper

Awesome

12. kwakmeister

Well now that's a huge biblical discussion, one that we have many times at my church group. I'm 26, and my girlfriend and I are abstaining until marriage, because it's in our beliefs, based on 1st Corinthians 6:9-11 and echoed in Revelation 21:8.

I'm glad you brought that up, he didn't call out only Collins, but rather people overall. That is remarkable. It's easy for someone to argue for or against same sex marriage/relationships. It's a lot harder to argue against heterosexual relationships *who are still in fault*.

I live my life as close as I can to the scripture, knowing that I've failed but also praying for forgiveness when I do. These verses help me sculpt my life to how I want to be. I am not concerned about my image or my future even post-earth, which is why I wasn't too concerned with being called an 'idiot'. You can call me whatever you want, as long as its known I am doing what I believe is in line with my religion. :)

13. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

He's an idiot because he respects Broussard for not backtracking from his words? Wow.

14. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

C'mon on, there has to be something in the bible against stealing twitter sources, right?

15. Anxiety Trooper

You should abstain post marriage too...cause that would be double holy.

16. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Who gives a **** if you stand your ground on an intolerant and hateful claim? He's stupid for sticking by such a stupid claim

17. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

This is going to sound odd, especially coming from me and my stance on homosexuality. I actually have respect for what Broussard said, because he's CONSISTENT on the Biblical principle, unlike most critics or Christian figures are of homosexuality, lesbianism, and gay marriages. He actually says that heterosexual pre-marital sex is a sin. WOW!!! That's interesting, I wouldn't have known that by listening to some of these people.

18. dsid411

dsid411 Member

I agree with Broussard that living a lifestyle of sin, no matter what sin that may be is not being a genuine christian. Yes a lot of people have had premarital sex and a lot of gays have chosen to sleep wit someone of the same sex but it's the continual disobedience and lifestyle that's the problem, you can always come to christ and be forgiven if you stumble a few times as long as you acknowledge that what you did was wrong and turn from it.

Oh and it's pretty disgusting when Teebow said he was Christian how many people mocked him and told him to keep his personal life out of their faces, and when Collins says he is gay he's SO COURAGEOUS. Sorry but you're a hypocrite.

1 person likes this.
  19. acsorelle4

acsorelle4 Member

This probably belongs in another forum at this point.

That said, multiple sources now say Broussard will be fired for not toting the PC banner.

20. Awesome

Awesome Member

I wonder what Muslims think... :)