1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Can we have a serious discussion about Jeremy Lin?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jVgOwnsYou, Apr 28, 2013.

1. pnr

pnr Member

He was playing through pain. :rolleyes: The first game everyone played like crap and we got blown out.

2. santamaria14

santamaria14 Member

I think I was one of many that expected a heroic season from Jeremy Lin. He was going to be our number one option, like the one he was when he averaged 25 and 10 for the Knicks as their number one while Carmelo and Amare were hurt. James Harden demands the ball, therefore he has taken away from Lin's confidence and production. And we all know James Harden is valued a thousand times more than Jeremy is, and Lin's playstyle is not that of a distributor and leader when he's not the first option. He's not the player this team needs, and his awful playoff performances have just made his situation worse.

3. aesthetics80

aesthetics80 Member

Look at how horrid Brandon Jennings was this postseason, and he doesn't have injury to blame. Career 40% chucker but still gets far more praise than Lin, just watch some team give him a fat contract next season with nobody criticizing him as overpaid.

Lin will have to put up 18/8 on high efficiency for most people to even acknowledge him as average, such is the nature of bias.

4. ch0c0b0fr34k

ch0c0b0fr34k Member

He averaged similar numbers with Harden hurt. He also averaged similar numbers with Harden back and with Amare/Melo back. He needs to learn how to play well without the ball, or play in a system that does not have a ball-dominant player. That's difficult because he doesn't command the ball like Kobe, Harden, CP3, etc. can.

5. hlcc

hlcc Member

he's already an average starting PG.

6. i meow a lot

i meow a lot Member

Lin to Lakers? AIGHT.

7. i meow a lot

i meow a lot Member

[​IMG] Lin forever will be crucified no matter what.

8. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Read what I said.... its NOT going to happen. Or at least its very, very unlikely. Alot of things would have to break in order for a Lin to Lakers trade to make sense for anyone.

9. nchan

nchan Member

Trading Lin to the Lakers would be a dream come true. A lot of Asians are Lakers fans. Adding Lin to Lakers would've been a huge bonus.

10. DBRox

DBRox Contributing Member

:rolleyes:

11. Patterned919

Patterned919 Member

Lakers aren't taking Lin's contract lol. They're either going to go for another push next season with who they got or they're going to try to free up cap space to build up some new stars.

Orlando would be a team that I can see wanting Lin.

12. Second_Cousin

Second_Cousin Member

Tonight could well be Lin's last game as a Rocket.

13. langal

langal Contributing Member

Funny how this board has talked itself into Lin being on the trading block.

If we take a step back, we see that we have a 24 year old guy who put up 15/7/per36 in his first full season and shown improvement during the year coming off an bad injury. We also picked up a guy from the scrap heap who has absolutely played his ass off.

I really don't think in anyway should Beverley be annointed as the starter for next year. Neither should Lin have complete job security. Both guys have a lot of upside still and we should be pleased with our young guards. They have outperformed any realistic expectations.

There are 96 minutes for the 2 guard spots in any given game. Lin is big enough to guard opposing 2's (especially bench 2's). I personally like the versatility and different skill sets that our guys have.

Some of us are treating this like a quarterback competition. Apples to oranges.

1 person likes this.
  14. TJ VS TR

TJ VS TR Member

Redemption!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad: ARRRRRRGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

15. Remix02

Remix02 Member

I doubt Les Alexander wants to make the same mistake twice. Lin had a solid year, and sure he has lots of area to improve, but I think he met the organization's internal expectations. Give him the off-season to improve and another season. If he doesn't meet your expectations or just doesn't work well on the team as constructed (mainly referring to Harden), then ship him. But shipping him after 1 season is a little premature.

16. Fighton

Fighton Member

if that's the case, morey is not a smart man at all. you don't buy high and sell low, especially after only 1 season, after coming back from knee surgery while playing a brand new role. he also kept the team in the playoff hunt while harden was out for few games. time is on your side - use it.

17. thekad

thekad Member

I wish Jeremy Lin had your fire. Of course, you're posting on an Internet forum, so that's kinda sad.

Go outside, sport.

18. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Members like you make me want to throw up. You aren't a fan of the Rockets. You are only here because of one player. Well, that one player, Mr. Lin, should have never said that he could go in the last game, and McHale should never have let him see the court. We would have been better off with Beverley and Brooks at the point, since Jeremy was clearly too injured to contribute. It doesn't have a damn thing to do with the stupid Knicks. It sure as hell doesn't have anything to do with the stupid Lakers, who will be sitting at home, possibly watching the Rockets play tonight. It doesn't have anything to do with Jeremy being Asian-American. It doesn't have anything to do with Beverley's future with the team, or Lin's future with the team, or if Brooks is an effective option in his role as the point guard who comes in if another one is injured or in foul trouble.

Jeremy was hurt. He shouldn't have played. There is no grand conspiracy, simply a couple of bad decisions, one by Lin and one by McHale. In my opinion. Half of the lot of you are bat-**** crazy.

19. Karolik

Karolik Member

I hope D'antoni retires for good and crushes the hopes of all LOFs.

20. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Don't worry clutch will take care of these fake fans
    Clutch city still rules