1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Video of Durant's "dirty play" on Lin?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Geronimo, Apr 27, 2013.

Tags:
  1. yohimbe505

yohimbe505 Member

As a guy who likes watching Lin play when he is allowed to play the game his way I'm hoping you trade him also. And life doesn't revolve around your expectations.. let me be the first one to tell you that little secret.

2 people like this.
  2. T-Yao

T-Yao Member

when he didn't play because of the injury, people called him weak/p***y as well

its a hard life being asian and a rocket

3. oelman44

oelman44 Member

14/6 on 44% shooting... and month by month he got better. I was expecting more but I think this is a knee-jerk reaction. Beverley's stats wouldn't look much better if he had starters minutes.

4. yunac010

yunac010 Member

It wasn't a dirty play, but Durant was definitely trying to send a message. Hate how he chose an injured player though.

5. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

LOL. You think Lin's numbers are down because he's not allowed to shoot 25 times a game? Lin's numbers are down because the difference this year is that he's actually been scouted by other teams. Same thing happened to Darren Collison, same thing happened to Ramon Sessions, same thing is happening to Lin.

6. RedRedemption

I just hope I'm wrong and he improves in the off-season. Him missing wide open threes time and time again are what drives my perceptions of him being a bad shooter.

7. oelman44

oelman44 Member

I'm not so sure. That one game earlier in the season, Lin went when Harden was on the bench. That might just be the way Lin is, he's at the best when he is primary ball-handler, though it might not benefit the team to play that way. You can't tell me that Linsanity happened solely because teams hadn't scouted properly for him.

8. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Rockets will trade him to the Soviet Union League so he can "flourish" and "be the man" and he can play "the way he can play."

And the serious part of the post. How can you say as a guy who likes watching Lin play.. and then follow that up with Life doesn't revolve around your expectations.

9. oelman44

oelman44 Member

Heres his month by month 3pt %:

April: .364
    March: .400
    February: .424
    January: .327
    December: .292
    November: .263

He pretty significantly improved his shooting from early season, so heres hoping that he can build off that.

10. RedRedemption

There are a multitude of reasons why Linsanity happened. I'd describe it more of a perfect storm than any one thing influencing it. It could be because he's that great of a player, it could be because Mike D'Antoni's system makes point guards look good, it could be because Lin wasn't scouted, it could be because Lin was the primary ballhandler.

We'll see in a season.

11. RedRedemption

You can't argue with those numbers. Why the hell does it seem like he misses every 3 point shot?

12. oelman44

oelman44 Member

Fair enough. Lin has been fairly atrocious this playoff series, small sample size and all but it feels like he's out there because he has a big contract and has to play. Aaron Brooks and Beverley have both seemed like better options, and that Lin has given us little and been a huge liability during this series. He has been injured though, and played decent enough in game 2.

13. RedRedemption

I'm just hoping that Lin's showing this season was a result of lingering effects from his knee injury and now just the real Jeremy Lin. :(

In either case he needs to hit those wide open threes.

14. jedicro

jedicro Member

Are people actually mad about the Perkins thing? That was the silliest "payback" I've ever seen. All this talk and buildup and....he bumped him. I actually laughed out loud because of how pointless and harmless it was.

I do really hope you are being sarcastic on the Durant part. You...you can't be serious.

15. Roxs

Roxs Member

PER36 Lin is 14/7. What would you consider as TREMENDOUS improvement? 18/8? 20/10?

Do you know how many PGs averaged even 18/8 over the last 15 years? Hint, you dont need all ten fingers to count them.

For what its worth, Lin averaged 20/10 with the Knicks PER36. Sad he didnt do it with the Roxs.

16. jedicro

jedicro Member

I see no reason to believe it was even remotely intentional. Why would he send a message almost halfway through the 2nd quarter when his team is up by more than 20? He was trying to poke the ball away and there was minimal contact with Lin's chest/arm. Sure Lin doubled over in pain, but he was doubling over in pain every time he took a jumpshot, so that doesn't mean a whole lot.

17. PuzzledFan

PuzzledFan Member

Yeah, then McHale got a tech for complaining.

18. Exel

Exel Member

Not just him, but all the Rockets this series. Someone needs to take the lid off the rim when we shoot from long range.

19. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Let's not forget, in the end the 'message' the Thunder are trying to send is:

"Don't make hustle plays against us, or you'll hurt our feelings."

20. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

So what. Lin shouldn't have played if he were still in that much pain. The shots he took should have been someone elses.