1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How about Wang

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by gotoloveit2, Mar 13, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. orien

orien Member

its may a worng words, i mean i won't say some dirty words to him.
    my english is not good at all.

2. oldgunrules

oldgunrules Member

Here is my suggestion: find another place to talk about other team's bench player. You know you could lose your informative conversation if the moderator decided to cut you off.

3. orien

orien Member

we just suppose WZZ in rockets, at least, he defende yao not too bad, we need keep an eye on him.

well...class is almost over...i need go for lunch...
    hungry....ya:D

4. jackfan

jackfan Contributing Member

Wang barely plays against other teams, even with Kandi man out.

5. Lil

Lil Contributing Member

doesn't the chinese have some sort of embargo on wang, preventing him from being shown on chinese tv?

if that is the case, i seriously doubt the rockets would throw away all that potential tv air time and licensing fees... then again, rockets might be the ONLY team with the ability to hire Wang and still be aired (since we have Yao and all..)

i dunno. though i do like wang, frankly i want the rockets to stay well AWAY from those damn bureaucrafts after the stunts they pulled during contract negotiations...

6. codell

codell Contributing Member

Trade with Team We Just Played

7. supermagichero

Thanks. :)

8. AGBee

AGBee Member

Wang is about on Dirk's level.

Or so somebody in chat last night claimed :)

9. UTweezer

UTweezer Contributing Member

he's a soft perimeter player about ten levels below Nowiski

10. danny317

danny317 Member

Need confirmation form the chinese ppl on the board but I heard that Wang and Zhizhi both mean penis in two different dialects of chinese...

Back to the topic... He has improved his game. He actually drives to the basket now rather than just sitting on the perimeter all game. He also did a pretty decent defensive job on Yao. Good pick up for the Clips but I hope they didnt pay too much for him.

11. gotoloveit2

gotoloveit2 Contributing Member

Clipper did pay "penis" for him. Not a bad deal, only if he has been utilized more.

12. MysticRyder

MysticRyder Member

Since when is having an opinion wrong? If that were the case there would be no chat at all. We all have opinions that don't agree with others, that does not make them stupid or the person that said them stupid. If it made people stupid we would all be in trouble.

:D :D :D :D :D

13. maldini

maldini Member

Wzz was right to stay in the NBA. That is how players get better, by playing with NBA players over the summer.
    If you talk about respect, all professional athletes sometimes do things or say things that are a bit outrageous. But that's their nature, it is no big deal.

14. noskrillwill

noskrillwill Member

LOL... I've seen posts about trading for Miller, Brand, Odom, Piatkowski, and now Wang?!?!?!?! There's a reason these guys have the 3rd worst record in the NBA.

15. supermagichero

Dude, you have to understand the differences between chinese players and american players before you make any arguement. Otherwise, it is too weak.

Tell you the story. Wang is completely trained by the government and he is even a mid-ranked official in the army. The government and the army paid a lot for his development. That is why it is his responsibility to play for the national team. No excuse.

:mad:

16. canoner2002

canoner2002 Contributing Member

I think Wang has potentials. He will be a bargain at $2 mil a year. We need some improvement on the forward positions. Wang is not good enough to do it. But for $2 mil, he is a cheap bench player. Clippers do not play him much, so I think they will give him up for almost anything. Yeah, it is worth a try

17. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

he is his own man. why does he have to do everything someone else tells him even if it isn't in his best interests? he has obviously wanted to leave and go to the NBA for a long time. your parents pay for you to all the way thru maturity but they don't tell you for the rest of your life.

18. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

Sorry, I just get tired of people using last night's game -- and the next night's game, and the game after that -- as offseason film. "Hey, look at that guy! He's exactly the guy we need!" Then, the next night: "Hey, look at that guy! He's exactly the guy we need!" As though God or Lady Luck scheduled us to play that team so we could meet the Perfect Player For Us, never mind that we forgot we just met the Perfect Player For Us on the team we played last week and will probably meet another Perfect Player For Us on the team we play next week.

Guess what, people? There are a lot of good role players in the NBA, even if none of them is Wang Zhi Zhi. Just because you saw one of them for the first time last night doesn't mean he's Mr. Right.

Apologies if I'm being unfair to this particular thread. From now on I'll confine myself to "TTWJP."

19. supermagichero

That is sth called DISCIPLINE. Suppose you are a soldier of US army and you will be sent to the gulf to fight against Iraq. Can you refuse and escape? Can you say, "No, staying in US is better for me than going to the gulf. Therefore, I will stay. "

It is another story that your parents pay for you to all the way thru maturity. It is not comparable to this situation, not even close. :mad::mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

#39 supermagichero, Mar 13, 2003
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2003
  20. oldgunrules

oldgunrules Member

Last I heard it was the Chinese Basketball Association trying to rip off Wang's US summer training so that he could play the lowly Asian game for them. Wang wanted to join the world championship (to "serve his country" as you call it) but he was denied. I don't know for sure, but I think he would've gone back if his army called upon him to join combat. But I suspect he'd die instantly on the battle field because he ain't no soldier and he is too big to dodge a bullet.

I've heard communist talk like this before. They say since Wang is "completely trained by the government" so he cannot live his own life. They need 50% of his income, and he can't decide his own career. In the world of communist every individual achievment is the result of the their great leadership. I just wonder, if that government is so good at training athletes why don't they produce 100 more Yao Ming, Wang Zhizhi or whatever?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.