1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Just out of curiosity...

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by BDswangHTX, Apr 26, 2013.

1. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

I find it really difficult to live off of $10 per week. Unless you buy one of those day old breads from Jimmie Johns for a dollar which would last you the whole week. Lol.

2. dmc89

dmc89 Member

In college, they were a staple for my friends. I tried them once, and I didn't care for the taste. Once I took a look at the nutritional facts, I refused to eat them again.

If I were in dire financial need, I would take loans from parents, friends, or the university just so I could afford better food.

3. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

I had some creamy chicken ramen with a turkey sandwich last night after I worked out. It was wonderful.

1 person likes this.
  4. no_answer

no_answer Member

This was my first thought. Must be hard being richie rich.

5. theogcasey

theogcasey Contributing Member

Creamy chicken is THE BEST. I haven't had any in a while, but man, that stuff is good!

6. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Never tried them. I always found the smell disgusting.

7. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

I was addicted to this stuff for a couple of months. Then after a while you realize how bad it really is.

8. Han Solo

Han Solo Member

Is it the packet that carries all the bad stuff for you in it or the noodles? I always crave some kind of easy soup but there is so much sodium i usually avoid ramen now. I blame them for kick-starting my weight gain back when i worked nights. I would get home at 3 am and eat 2 packs of ramen. Every night for a year. I've gained 50 lbs in total since then. But, mostly bc of beer and fast food. But the first 20 was bc of Ramen.

Anyway, can i take the noodles and put my own **** in it?

9. thisiscaketown

For instant ramen, I only really eat the Shin Ramyun ones.

10. mrm32

mrm32 Member

Exactly how bad are ramen noodles if you eat a lot of them frequently? I'll have one pack about once every couple of months.But because its so easy to cook it can be pretty easy to eat more. I should probably just switch to Campbell's?

11. Han Solo

Han Solo Member

I'm pretty hungry right now since i missed breakfast and i'm gonna make some ramen. Boil water, throw the noodles in to cook. Dump the water. Get new water and throw the noodles in with any veggies. Beat an egg and pour it in when the water boils again. Garlic and onion powder...i'll probably throw in cayenne and thats it. I'll be tempted to use a bit of the packet that comes with the Ramen noodles though!

12. Jontro

Jontro Member

Yup this. Especially if you add your own ingredients in like beef, vegetables, and strawberries.

13. Han Solo

Han Solo Member

mmm just avoided the packet and put my own stuff in it for the first time. Yum.

14. Austin70

Austin70 Contributing Member

I haven't had the either, my kids like them, but I never wanted to.

15. yo

yo Contributing Member

I use a lot of water and do not drink the "soup." I bet this eliminates more than half of the sodium.

16. likestohypeguy

I buy them by the box. Rarely if ever use the season packets. Partially boil, fry, combined with veggies and/or meats. I understand it's a culinary faux pas, but guess IDC enough to GAF.

17. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

The cheap ramen noodles are made by deep frying in oil, it's full of carbohydrate and fat. So even eating it without the packet is still basically eating junk food.

18. BDswangHTX

BDswangHTX Member

it seems like everyone who eats them has their own little trick, or method to make it theirs.

interesting.

19. Jontro

Jontro Member

Yeah the only ones I drink up is Shin Ramyun.

Also I boil the noodles to get the preservatives in the noodles out... then use a different water for the soup.