1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

BREAKING: Russell Westbrook has a torn meniscus in his right knee

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RoxTurk, Apr 26, 2013.

1. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Laughable breakdown right there. Ibaka, Jackson, Martin, and Collison are all far better than the Rockets counterparts you have listed.

2. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

how is delfino and ibaka a wash. One is a possible dpoy while the other is a bench scrub

3. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Repped.

4. Kruze10

Kruze10 Member

That's not a great example, considering Brooks wasn't our superstar and Lowry was arguably better. The Rockets have probably only once been healthy enough to compete in the playoffs in the past 10 years. So yeah, OKC, we know how you feel.

5. J.R.

J.R. Member

http://espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/201...brook/oklahoma-city-thunder-russell-westbrook

And Marc Stein says it perfectly.

Stein: The Thunder, as currently constituted, weren't beating Miami with Westbrook. They're not beating the Heat without him ... or with a Westbrook coming off knee surgery for a late-season return.

1 person likes this.
  6. RocketRaccoon

RocketRaccoon Contributing Member

Considering our history, not feeling too bad about WB injury. Especially on an absolutely fair play.

I do like the idea that our odds got a little better. This could be a great series to watch.

7. SeabrookMiglla

that sucks, i dont like westbrook but that is bad to see a player of that caliber go down.

8. Krizzle

Krizzle Member

Dont give a ****, **** OKC.

Get those two W's Houston.

9. jev5555

jev5555 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Will Beverly get the loudest ovation during saturdays introductions?

10. yunac010

yunac010 Member

I hope not. No need to make the Thunder even more motivated when they have dirty players on the team. Last thing I want to see is Bev getting hurt as well.

11. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

[​IMG]

Its time we add another video top the collection.

12. RiceDaddy7

RiceDaddy7 Member

Wow. Don't the Thunder wish they had.....James Harden.

13. laneh

laneh Member

Duly noted, but Westbrook is not the superstar of OKC either. It's not like Durant was injured... and if the second response is that OKC has a chance to win it all, I don't think so. The Heat would beat them again. They don't match up against Lebron/Wade/Bosh/Allen.

14. fishguy91

fishguy91 Member

i never like him that much but it's sad to see great players out for injuries. Hopefully he will become smarter after the surgery.

15. RoxDC

RoxDC Member

MWP got his removed, because he's an older player. It sounds like they're going to repair Westbrook's, so he might be done this year like Lin was. Repairing a meniscus tear takes significantly more time to heal, but removing the meniscus degrades your knee significantly (and Westbrook's only 24).

16. Asian Sensation

Yes and rightfully so. Not for injuring Westbrick but for being a MFing stud and balling out.

17. DreaMac

DreaMac Member

Damn that sucks. Even though I hate Westbrook, but never wish injury on anyone.

Now I really wish we stole that game 2. We could have had a chance to win the series.

18. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

Listen to Peytons Manning's head

@PeytonsHead
    I have people saying Patrick Beverley was "over aggressive" and "reckless". It was 42-41 in a PLAYOFF GAME. You better be aggressive!

19. ThunderFan

ThunderFan Member

Some of your fans are acting like huge jerks. Celebrating a man's injury? Give me a break.

Some of you all have been classy, which I appreciate.

20. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

that team wasn't winning shiit anyways....now they can go fishin even earlier