1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

BREAKING: Russell Westbrook has a torn meniscus in his right knee

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RoxTurk, Apr 26, 2013.

1. shortfuse3

shortfuse3 Member

OH MY GAWDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

2. gene18

gene18 Rookie

That's the way it should be done. If it isn't, the player could fake a time out call and then blow by the defender when he lets down his guard.

3. Asian Sensation

Agree to disagree then. I thought it was a clean, hard-nosed, aggressive play.

4. jocar

jocar Member

"I love Beverley", except when he's a threat to take away Jeremy's minutes. Then I hate on his hustle, and try to twist into something to make him look bad. This forum doesn't need any more haters like you. Fk off.

1 person likes this.
  5. mrchuckles

mrchuckles Member

I agree. It wasn't dirty, it was just reckless and dumb. I do feel bad for Westbrook and the Thunder.

6. cjtaylorpt

cjtaylorpt Member

Actually, they wouldn't hurt Harden. He is still their boy.

But, add Derek Fisher to the list of players to look out for as far as having a vendetta against Beverley.

7. Methom

Methom Member

There's no way this was a dirty play and Beverly clearly went for the steal. Dude's a hustle guy and I like how he doesn't back down from that Westbrook punk. How the hell did he continue to play if supposedly Beverly caused this injury? Westbrook was still going at it hard unless his adrenaline caused him to overcome the pain. b****hh is just a drama queen. This series is about to get intense and I like it :grin:.

8. gene18

gene18 Rookie

Never happen.

9. iJHolmes

iJHolmes Member

Hey kendrick perkins. KARMA IS A b****.

even if it doesn't hit you directly.

10. mrchuckles

mrchuckles Member

Yeah, Beverley will need to keep his head on a swivel.

11. hocash

hocash Contributing Member

LOL no one mentioned Lin. And I seem to recall Lin AND Bev starting. Jeez. Paranoid much?

12. Han Solo

Han Solo Member

He's been complete garbage this series. Running down our players? There is being realistic and there's being a blind LOF. Lin is not that good of a starter at all. Chances are he can't play with the injury so i speak about the advantages we could have with the guys we will have. WTF is wrong with that? You can't say one thing about Lin in this place. It's funny how it's always someone who joined since we got Lin or someone from 2002(Yao) who always has something to say.

I'm no LOH. I'm a die hard Rockets fan who feels we are paying a barely better than bench player tons of money for non basketball reasons. I am however a LOF hater.

13. Fighton

Fighton Member

he needs surgery. how much more serious can it get??? players usually avoid surgery as much as they can. it's the last resort. just because world peace came back real early doesn't mean others will too. every tear is different.

you usually are still able to play for a bit but the soreness sets in after the game and you don't really know the seriousness of it until much later. lin tear his meniscus and played a few more games until he couldn't go anymore, then they found out that he had teared his meniscus. at first it was just "sore".

14. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Yeah, it wasn't the punch-from-nowhere that provided the twist ending to "Million Dollar Baby".

Patrick shouldn't have done it, but oh well.

I feel bad for Westbrook in a way. I can't stand him, but the hypocrite in me admits I'd love him on the Rockets (but not in place of Da Beard).

15. pnr

pnr Member

I'm more worried about Thabeet when he is on the floor with Beverley.

16. bonny1

bonny1 Member

Heads up Bev. Keep doing what you do. Htown got your back!

17. Sen89

Sen89 Member

Hocash is a terrible user

2 people like this.
  18. Takeoff

Takeoff Member

i really wish i could find video of WB doing the same thing. i know ive seen it on tv but i cant find any clips of it on youtube.

would shut a lot of haters up.

19. Louka

Louka Contributing Member

hey, we lost Lin, they lost Westbrook... seems fair to me :p

20. hocash

hocash Contributing Member

Very enlightening and useful post. Repped.