1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

BREAKING: Russell Westbrook has a torn meniscus in his right knee

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RoxTurk, Apr 26, 2013.

1. Habs

Habs Member

Had Denver had Gallo I would have guessed Denver makes it out in the West. They have a team made for the playoffs. But without Gallo, they're missing probably their best pure basket maker. And I don't think they can beat Miami even with him, too inexperienced right now but I'd see them losing to Miami in a big Game 7.

If it's 1 team with the coaching and talent to actually beat the Heat though? A healthy Spurs team. People forget that Timmy D is still playing like an All-star. Don't bet against one of the Top 10 players of all time. He's making Dwight Howard and Pau Gasol look like fools right now at his age. Driving past one then dunking over the other.

2. FearTheBeardJH

They still have Jeremy Lamb.

3. Han Solo

Han Solo Member

I hope Lin can calm down and not make any more stupid mistakes playing against back ups(which is the only time he looks better than avg). He's been so awful this series. If he can't go, it might be beneficial for us with Beverley vs Jackson and Brooks vs Fisher. Brooks will smoke Fisher all day long. Brooks just needs to relax and settle into a good role. Bev found his, now it's time for AB to do so.

4. LikeMike

LikeMike Contributing Member

That sucks for the Thunder. Not a fan of Westbrook, but I like their team. Hope he gets well soon.

If I were Beverly I´d apologize. He didn`t mean to injure him, but it was still a bit too much. Classy move would be an apology.

What does this change for our series? Not too much I´m afraid. The Thunder are still the better team. But who knows maybe we can win a couple of games...

5. trock

trock Member

6. TreeRollins

TreeRollins Contributing Member

Yeah.. really stupid. Can't go on that site at work

7. ooooaaaah!

ooooaaaah! Member

With Westbrook out we have no chance. He is the only player in the league that can stop Durant! Damn it! My hopes were so high after a good game 2. Oh well! sniff sniff

8. hocash

hocash Contributing Member

You actually made my point. Westbrook did turn his body to protect the ball and Beverley crashed right into in leg full speed. It's up to Bev not to do that. He had no chance to make that steal.

But yeah dead horse. Beaten. Go Rockets.

9. PhiSlamma

PhiSlamma Member

Anybody who thinks this play was dirty must not have been watching early-season Rockets games when teams used to do this to Jeremy all the time. This type of play happens a lot.

I'm not happy that Westbrook got hurt, though. It's a shame.

But to try to label Beverley "dirty" is silly, I think. He tried to make a play in a tense game. It was legal.

10. haydenfisher342

I lol'd. Smith whispers trash, get a tech, WB slaps hands away very aggressively and its "ok guys settle down". WB punches tables looks to go after a guy NO TECH. Im tired of this one sided ****. GJ beverly going for the steal, i know you wernt going for the knee. If it was a fake t/o we would be up and arms and we would be called pansies. Listen, if your team plays dirty, dirty things will happen to you. Houston is a tuff team, just because we are 8th place doesnt mean we will back down and take it.

11. lexled

lexled Contributing Member

If ya cant beat'em, take out their second best player and try again.

12. Billionzz

Billionzz Contributing Member

You're exactly right.

13. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

Haha no ****! I saw that and was like holy cow. You can see everything on that big ass in the shower

14. ptR91

ptR91 Member

I wanna see what OKC fans are posting on their forums.

15. kwongadong

kwongadong Member

true story

16. OTMax

OTMax Member

What are the chances the league office still decides to suspend Beverley? :(

17. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Hard to compare Westbrook/World Peace recoveries, b/c RW plays so much faster, more stress on knee. Strong chance Westbrook gets full repair</p>&mdash; Adrian Wojnarowski (@WojYahooNBA) <a href="https://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA/status/327846402178813952">April 26, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

18. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I think you guys are underestimating Durant. They are still the favorite in the West. But they are definitely weaker now and the Heat are licking their chops.

19. Han Solo

Han Solo Member

Clippers could be a surprise as well. And of course we can't count out OKC. We don't know when Westbrook can come back if at all. And we also don't know if Durant goes on an amazing run ala Dirk a few years back. We know he can.

If we don't win tomorrow night, we still get swept imo. I really don't believe we can win this series even without WB, but i think we can steal 2 games now.

20. J.R.

J.R. Member

Never put anything past Stern. ;)

Not counting on it.

#360 J.R., Apr 26, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2013