1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

BREAKING: Russell Westbrook has a torn meniscus in his right knee

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RoxTurk, Apr 26, 2013.

1. dje243

dje243 Member

You're right it's a total conspiracy.

2. Billionzz

Billionzz Contributing Member

I question your basketball skills if you think that you always need to play under control on the defensive end. If you're not in foul trouble you need to push the limits and sometimes that can get you a little out of control.

3. Knickskiller

Knickskiller Member

Lol beverly just made lebron smile.

4. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

Calm down guys we still have to win game 3.

5. Han Solo

Han Solo Member

6. Han Solo

Han Solo Member

Most likely Spurs vs Heat finals. Heat in 6.

7. morpheus133

morpheus133 Member

Westbrook turned his body to try and protect the ball which is why they collided the way they did. You can't really go for a steal on someone as fast as Westbrook at anything less than full speed, and he was clearly going for the ball.

Yes it was a low % chance to be successful steal attempt that happened to result in an injury and yes Rocket's fans would be mad if the same thing happened to Harden or one of our players. But in the end it still wouldn't be dirty, just unfortunate and frustrating. Beverly has to be aggressive and play to the whistle, and if Westbrook hadn't turned his body it would have been a steal or there wouldn't have been a collision in the first place. As a Rocket's fan I appreciate Beverly's hustle even if the chance for success was low. As a Thunder fan I would be mad, but it's not like it was a McHale clothes line on Rambis or something (which wasn't even called a flagrant back then).

[youtube]X7r6vXeOfyQ[/youtube]

8. Habs

Habs Member

Patrick Beverly should wave and smile to OKC's bench during the next game a la Mike Ribeiro during the Habs/Boston series when he faked an injury to stop a play.

9. Shaq2Yao

Shaq2Yao Member

This!

10. solid

solid Contributing Member

You guys weren't kidding. It is for real. Shocking. I don't think it was intentional watching the video. Hope Beverly comments; I don't want someone on the Thunder to try and take revenge. Beverly was just going for the ball. This changes everything.

11. kakaman

kakaman Member

12. gene18

gene18 Rookie

YUP! Beverly the hit man, And he can hit threes

13. BigBenito

BigBenito Member

Yes, this happens all the time in the closing seconds of games... which happens to be the ONLY time you can advance the ball after calling a timeout. :rolleyes:

(2 minutes in 4th/ot to be precise.)

14. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I concur.

15. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

HOW DARE PATRICK BEVERLEY TRY TO MAKE A STEAL!!!

16. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Well it's good to know you have realistic expectations.....

....yes that was sarcasm ;)

17. YallMean

YallMean Member

18. Awesome

Awesome Member

19. Remix02

Remix02 Member

Most clips don't show it but before the collision, when Westbrook was bringing it down, Beverley was looking toward the OKC bench. He knew they were calling a time out and his lunge was late. I wouldn't call it dirty because I'm sure he didn't intended to injure Westbrook but it was unnecessary and had no chance of succeeding. He probably did it just to annoy Westbrook.

I've never liked Westbrook but I don't wish injuries on people and wish him the best of luck in his recovery. Obviously Houston has a much better chance with Westbrook out. But people shouldn't start getting too confident about taking this series. We have to win 4 of 5 games against a team that still has KD and enough guys that can step up. And we're still the type of team that loses important games to lesser teams like the Suns. I expect Game 3 to be very physical and chippy because OKC is not going to take this lying down. I'm pretty sure their entire organization top to bottom blames Beverley for this.

20. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member