1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Shadow League "The Jeremy Lin Exposé"; By Russell Westbrook

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BackNthDay, Apr 25, 2013.

1. tminusrex

tminusrex Rookie

actually Lin kept us in the playoff race when Harden and Parsons were out but if he can't step up in the next 2+ games then he is in the doghouse

2. muas2010

muas2010 Member

Yup...that Clippers game was big considering the Suns loss and the finale with LA.

3. aesthetics80

aesthetics80 Member

The high arch thing is complete BS.

Dirk Nowitzki, Jamal Crawford are 2 guys I can think of off the top of my head who have very high arch on their shots and they are GREAT shooters

4. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

Bev did a great job on him. Pretty much from the 7th minute mark of the 4th Bev tottaly shut him down.Something lin sadly couldn't in the 1st game

5. Billionzz

Billionzz Contributing Member

This guy is just a dumbass, they are in all walks of life.

6. gene18

gene18 Rookie

Absolutely right. Look at the box scores of houston-okc games. you might be very suprised. In the last playoff game, Westbrook scored 20 points in the 2nd and 3rd quarters with Beverly guarding him most of the time. Jeremy gurded Westbrook a great deal in the first and Westbrook did poorly. The Zone in the 4th stopped Westbrook as Beverly did not guard him in the 4th. Also, Westbrook shot 50% with Berverly guarding him in the 2nd and 3rd quarters.

7. GoRox2013

GoRox2013 Member

Thats not the question. The question is which can force Westbrook into bad stretches where he takes tough shots & turns the ball over. In that sense, Bev is definitely doing this quite well and better than Lin

8. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

That's your question. The writer doesn't seem to give a s h i t about your question and wishes to point out how dominant Westbrook is and how a waste of money Lin was.

He goes on to say how Kidd and Felton are so much better. Did you even read the article?

As for the author, he is either a hater or stupid. The Lin he describes does not exist. Lin has consistently improved all season long. Lin improved from game one to game two. I would never take Felton over Lin, never. Kidd has been good for the Knicks but he is old.

People who try to say the Lin now is not the Lin with the Knicks. When clearly the Lin now is better than the Lin with the Knicks. He shoots better plays defense better and is all around a better player. Do not let the stats fool you. Lin has integrated his game with Harden much better than he integrated it with Melo. That's a task in and of itself. Every PG who plays with a ball dominant wing player sees his numbers drop. Sometimes to the point of becoming irrelevant. That has not happened with Lin. He has become a very vital part of the team and a big reason we win.

Comparing Lin to Beverly which you seem to be intent on is a whole other story. Beverly just had a Rajon Rondo type game. He has stepped up his play and deserves to be on the floor. If he continues to play on that level than it would stupid not to give him the reigns. But that is just one game. Yes it wasn't like Beverly lit it up in game one in his 27 minutes. He needs to more consistent on his three and a little less reckless. If he can do that then the sky is the limit for this kid.

Even with that said. It doesn't have anything to do with Lin. Lin has been solid all year. Most people would agree Lin's second half improvement has been excellent. He is by far a better option than Felton as the stupid author suggest. So what if Beverly turns into a better ball player. That doesn't make Lin worse. It's same stupid arguments against Lin vs Lowry or Lin vs Dragic. Lin has mostly outplayed those guys in the second half. And he has a work ethic that will only help him improve. So what if Beverly turns into a gem. Lin is still good. I don't understand why people have to be stupid about it. It's too early to say who is better. They are different players and I am glad we have both. Right now I like having both on the court. If Parsons could bulk up and play the 4 next year I would use him as our stretch and play a lot of Lin Beverly, Harden and Parsons on the floor together.

Also Beverly is more suited as a 6th man than Lin. he brings a spark off the bench that is unmatched. I can't see Lin having the same effect. What difference does it make if Beverly gets 30 minutes starting or off the bench. I like having both of them. Which also gives us the added insurance of having one of them if the other goes down. If Beverly can work on his 3 and get to 40% plus add a little floater to his game he could be an elite pg in this league.

So where is the problem in having Lin and Beverly on the team. Why not appreciate how lucky we are to have both. They are both young and have a passion and fire to play and improve. Beverly has a young Rajon Rondo type athleticism. He is fearless and has a passion but so does Lin. I expect both to improve next year and that is a good thing. So what does it matter who improves the most? For me these playoffs are showing this Rockets team has a future. If we can get Kevin Love this off season we become championship contenders. A talented stretch 4 is the missing link IMO. Maybe DMO will improve drastically over the off season. Either way we got a great backcourt and that is a hard thing to have in this league. And that pretty much makes your point moot.

1 person likes this.
  9. knickstorm

knickstorm Member

lol West was 3-8 with Lin on him in game 1. And this was going to be a quick series regardless.

1 person likes this.
  10. Bublanski

Bublanski Member

wow a lot of posts got deleted here.

i guess people dont like the truth.

11. zdrav

zdrav Member

Lin's already proven that he's at least an average starter in the league. He can just laugh off at the desperate haters now.

12. Knickskiller

Knickskiller Member

Nasty article .

13. liunatic

liunatic Member

Easy to shut someone down when they have a torn meniscus. And actually, most of the points westbrook had in game one were on Beverley. As well as game 2.

1 person likes this.
  14. Z-Ro&Trae

Z-Ro&Trae Member

Miami Heat exposed Lin during the Linsanity era long before Westbrook in this play-off series. Lin folds under fullcourt pressure.

15. muas2010

muas2010 Member

LOL...one game and you call it exposed? Check out CP3's game with Memphis the other night...so is he exposed too? People kneejerk too much.....basketball is a team sport so you get exposed as a team.:rolleyes:

16. rocketsfan4

rocketsfan4 Member

Uhh, are you serious? He had a torn meniscus by that game, plus teams have been trying to "expose" him after that game and for 82 (+2) games this season. Hasn't worked particularly well.

17. gate470

gate470 Rookie

And HOU fans want Bev to become our longterm, starting PG (and get rid of Lin) because...?

18. rocketsfan4

rocketsfan4 Member

Great post. Doesn't get much more accurate than this.

19. Knickskiller

Knickskiller Member

bro u generalising is not helpful.

20. gene18

gene18 Rookie

Exactly my perception. Westbrook never torched Lin, but LIn got past Westbrook many times during his 29 point game against the Thunder.