1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Shadow League "The Jeremy Lin Exposé"; By Russell Westbrook

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BackNthDay, Apr 25, 2013.

1. JJHardLin

JJHardLin Member

Beverley nor Lin can handle Westbrook. In fact, no pg in the league right now can handle westbrook.

2. acyrocks

acyrocks Member

Wow, you have a great pair of eyes:eek:. Yes, he needs to be more aggressive but saying Lin was scared and would rather be injured is just plain stupid.

3. Roxs

Roxs Member

Really? I thought Bev was inserted in the lineup because of the inability of our 4's to do anything.

Anyway, it's not a normal day on CF if there isn't half a dozen new Lin threads I suppose.

4. RRockets

RRockets Member

What are you smoking? He was solid before the injury. Many said it could be a win if the injury did not happen at all.

You are not a real Rockets fan. If you want to blame somebody, then blame the sob mean Perkins.

5. RocketFever

RocketFever Member

During the regular season, Westbrook had a 53.0 TS% against us, with 5.7 TOs per game. This is with Jeremy guarding him most of the time. Not once this season, including the playoffs, has Jeremy gotten torched by Westbrook. Let's put this BS to rest.

6. TJ VS TR

TJ VS TR Member

7. lfw

lfw Rookie

How intimidated was Lin when he hit those 2 big 3's in the last 2 minutes of the 4th to help get the win against the Thunder during the regular season?

I don't get how some people get the impression that Lin was intimidated but yet the rest of the guys on the team just played bad.

8. TJ VS TR

TJ VS TR Member

This is a better article.

http://www.thedreamshake.com/2013/4/24/4249456/jeremy-lin-linsanity-houston-rockets-playoffs

Enlightening. :cool:

So sad...:(

Certainly not out of the question that it is the coach holding him back, not necessarily a bad thing though.

9. fxbillie

fxbillie Member

you forget Houston makes the playoff

Just in case the author of this thread forgets, Houston makes the playoff and could have been the 6th seed, being the youngest team in NBA with everybody playing together for the first time and with a new coach, and you are so unhappy that you want to cream the starting pg of this team? Want to trade off with those teams not making playoff but with great starting pg (like Rubio, Irving, Wall, Holiday, Lilard, Dragic, Nelson, etc. etc)?

You are talking playing against OKC, the runner up of last year's championship, loaded with stars, and Westbrook has been ripping apart most good guards in the league all year. So we lost by 3 points at their home court with Jeremy hurt and you propose to can him? Be real man. Westbrook had games throwing bricks and ineffective. No one can play at consistent level unless you are Lebron or MJ.

10. Fighton

Fighton Member

people are going to see what they WANT to see to confirm their beliefs and perception. easy as that. don't bother with facts or numbers...

11. imaginedragons

people say that the 20+ games where Linsanity exploded in New York was too small a sample size to judge Lin.

people say that Lin sucks because he was outplayed by Westbrook and the #1 ranked Thunder in Game 1, judgment based on sample size of 1 game.

subjective much?

12. lwlee

lwlee Member

I'm pro Patrick Beverley but one game albeit an important one doesn't make him a regular starter. Same thing happened when Terrence Jones had that one good game and everyone was proclaiming him the future.

Bev is starting Sat so now the opponent will be prepping for him. Let's evaluate him after that game. I think he's productive but numbers will come down.

13. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

14. Fair Dinkum

Fair Dinkum Member

I believe your comments about how Lin feels depicts a lot of animus against Lin.

I remember Lin looking pretty dejected and commenting in the post game interview that the injury was the worst thing that has happened to him this year because it came at such a critical moment.

Everything Lin has done in his NBA career has shown he is a gutsy fighter that faces challenges. To say he is relieved to be injured so he wouldn't embarrass this proud rockets organization on National TV is just WRONG on so many levels.

I can't get my head around people who hate!? Whats wrong, is something missing in these people's lives? Did their parents not love them enough?

1 person likes this.
  15. furior

furior Member

Russell Westbrook is NOT a Point Guard

He's actually a shooting guard.

16. Russjr2

Russjr2 Contributing Member

I think Lin would produce better if we had a PF that could score consistently. The bigs don't have to worry about staying with our PFs on any PnR plays right now. Harden is special in that he can break down a defender and/or split the double team off the dribble. Lin can't do that. With a better PF around him that may free up some driving lanes for him. He will definitely have to work on his outside shot this summer. Hopefully we get a better PF this summer and then we can see what Lin brings. He is surely not a 2nd option, I would say he is a 3rd option. Trying to be a 2nd option may be a but much for him right now. Increases his TOs trying to create plays. Just my $.02 on Lin

17. PeppermintCandy

Seriously, negative rep anyone who starts threads with this kind of garbage non-article.

18. rolandvpro

rolandvpro Member

not to sure about your statement :) hahaha

[​IMG]

19. trock

trock Member

It's funny, I've seen every young player have tons of bad games. I've never seen so many talking heads and articles tugging at the bit to pronounce a player 'exposed' so early in his career. This kid seems to have struck a nerve with a lot of people.

1 person likes this.
  20. pnr

pnr Member

If it were any other player, would that player have gotten an article written about him after his first playoff game going against the number 1 seed in the west? These trash websites just want page views and clicks to generate revenue.