1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Poor Lin Only Fans (LOF’s)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by crash5179, Apr 21, 2013.

1. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You insulted bieber fans

2. pnr

pnr Member

You obviously haven't been on Twitter.

3. tellitlikeitis

tellitlikeitis Canceled
    Supporting Member

For real.

What an excellent rebuttal. Not really.

4. SugarLandDream8

spot on

5. Steal&Deal

Steal&Deal Member

You're full of crap. You hate Lin and try to hide it by blaming his fans. Pure bull****.

6. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Nope, just his idiot fans.

1 person likes this.
  7. raskol

raskol Contributing Member

You know what, it's not even about whether Lin turns out good or not, this year he was okay, leaning toward disappointing. If he improves next year, he'll be good to go.

But the negativity and downright hate, the lack of support, any leeway, any patience, any love toward Lin is r****ded. He can have 2 great games in a row and in game 4, if he does poorly, people will, and you know they will, crucify him yet again. Why is it so popular to hate on Lin? And guess what, ill bet that you guys thought Linsanity was all hype during his Linsanity run as well!! Did you guys even see those games?? I know you guys didn't for the most part cuz I hear that was just luck, or how he faded after Melo came back or when Woodson took over, and that is so far off I can't begin to explain it. He was downright dominant last year. I think that is the difference between Lin fans and Lin doubters, we've seen and dissected what Lin could do (there's no faking that) you all must've thought it was hype cuz you didn't see his games and thought it was just NY media.

And at least be honest with yourselves, you don't love Lin or Lins game but hate him just to spite Lin fans, you have never believed in him and have wanted to be proven right all year long. That is why so many of you were quite during the second half of the season and coming out of the woodworker after this bad game. Even if he had played well, you wouldn't have supported him, you wouldn't have been sold.
    Am I supposed to believe that if he had a great game against OKC in the first game, all of you would flood the GARM saying how you were wrong and this guy is good? No, you wouldn't have. You would've waited in the cuts until his next bad performance to start saying how Lin is the worst and to start Beverley or to start TD if he were here or to start AB if Bev weren't here, though he's gotten the best of most pg's head to head this year even in his crappy season. You just want to hate on the dude in peace without people seeing promise in his game like 90% of the other teams fans who don't even watch every Rockets game.

People defend Lin, strike that, I defend Lin not because he's the next Kobe or Nash, he's not even close to all star this year, I defend Lin cuz I like the kids game, potential, and the way he plays. But you guys say that people like me are the deluded ones, smh. People on this board don't even want anyone to defend him or like him and talk do much crap about your own player. Lins got major holes in his game, as does everyone else on this team but you give a pass to Hardens bad defense, awful shooting nights, Bevs 5 game zero point streak, Chandlers regression on defense, Asik's inability to catch a freakin ball the size of a giant head, but not to any of Lins weaknesses.

Just admit that you won't respect his game even if he did well in game 1 or in all the games as a matter of fact and at least we can have an honest discussion. Either way, Lin ain't going nowhere, I'm not Bd you're not, so just be real and don't say you would've had an open mind were it not for Lin fans

8. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

You know people who bashed YOF's were wrong. A lot of them are now genuinely good fans and care for the team even without yao.

9. raskol

Why are his fans r****ded? I'm a big fan of Lins. I know the game of basketball well. I've played organized ball, I coach organized ball. I see X's and O's better than most (of course not necessarily true) fans on here. I love this game and have watched it for over 30 years with passion, with the requisite extensive basketball card collection (magics rookie card, birds rookie card, Hakeem's entire set, the first issue of Beckett) my share of bone headed games, great games.

I don't mistake Lins scurred ass r****ded games like last game, I love Harden, parsons, Asik, Bev. But I love and appreciate Lins potential and way of playing and support him whenever possible. What do you want? For people to stop defending him when a bunch of you'd come out calling dude a sham for one bad playoff game with pitchforks and burning effigies?? I don't blame McHale for Lins stupid ass games or not being ready or playing scared. I blame Lin.hecshould bring it no matter what. But I still blame McHale for being stupid especially when it comes to utilizing Lin. Is that crazy talk? Just who are these r****ded Lin fans who can't see the game of basketball correctly and worship Lim and think he's a superstar. Name them and I'll bet you I can name 5 times that number who r dogged Lin all year long, good game or not. And that's a challenge to any of you. Find a supporter (it's okay to support our player, right) who thinks Lin is the next Kobe and Ill name you 5 über haters with supporting evidence.

10. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

Cuz of guys like him

11. TJ VS TR

TJ VS TR Member

Ban them, shout at them, argue with them, whatever, stop don't hate on Lin.

It's good if really true but I don't think so.

12. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

I'll give you a scenario.

A bunch of people make ridiculous assertions about how good Lin is (I think it is a completely fair statement to say a lot of his fans make him out way better than he actually is at the moment). Everyone on this team becomes a scapegoat, namely Harden and McHale, if Lin doesn't perform up to that expectation.

Another bunch of people will point it out when Lin doesn't perform up to these expectations. Then some others will also get annoyed when scapegoats are used to explain why Lin doesn't perform as well as expectations.

See what happens now?

His fans place a magnifying glass on him, and get upset when the same magnifying glass magnifies his mistakes in return.

As the OP already said, why can't Lin just be a good player with good potential?

Maybe, just maybe, Jeremy Lin fans who hype him up as player he really isn't is the biggest problem.

13. raskol

I feel what you're saying, but I very much disagree. I think it's the other way around most of the time. Personally speaking, I was one of the first ones to say that Harden was the real deal. A unselfish, über-efficient offensive machine who is a budding superstar. I was also a big big Beverley fan who knew in the first couple of games that he was incomparably better than TD (TD cannot run a floor game) and love Parsons and Asik as much as if not more than anyone here. When Lin has a stinker, I notice and see it as much as any hater. And at those times Lin deserves to hear it, but then.... haters go above and beyond criticism. If they said "man, Lin needs to freakin play better. What an idiot. Those are some dumbash turnovers." I'd agree. But please please pretty please with a cherry on top acknowledge that im not crazy when I say that the criticism is almost pathologically extreme. Any bad gane bu Lin or good game by Bev is an automatic signslnfor prople to flood the GARM with Lin is a bench player, he is a sham, etc and anybgood ganes or improvemrnt in shooting go out the eindiw as if it didnt count. The bashing becomes so ridiculous that I find myself defending Lin and sometimes resorting to explaining what factors played a role in Lins poor performance whether it be too mich iso ball, Lin not playing the pg position, etc. These are strategic discussions apropos to the situation and people just call anyone who defends Lin as crazy Lin worshippers. So I see promise in Lins game that haters don't, sue me. What do you want posters like me to do, just shut up and admit Lin is a bench player? And the funny thing is, is that the critiques they throw at Lin ain't even right!! I saw a scurred timid hesitant young player who folded under pressure for a bit and couldn't buy a shot. It happens, 8 million dollars or not. Better players with much more experience have done it. Even in these playoffs, you'll see some bad performances. But the critique now is Lin played bad defense? (It was not bad) That Westbrook was having his way with him and that is why Beverley needs to start or we need a better defender to pair up with Harden? How does that even stop Harden from letting his man go by him? Or do they want Harden to guard the quicker pg and for the 6ft Bev to guard the 6'6" SG? Or Lin can't shoot is the other popular one. What does dude need to do to get some credit for his improvement in shooting? His 40 % shooting from 3 for 3 months (!!) is not enough? Does he have to shoot 50% from 3 at every game? Everyone has stinkers, but Lin never gets the pass. Do Ibhavecto even bring up that Harden has had more stinkers from outside than Lin the while second half of the season! Wait, he gets a pass though, right? And yeah, I'm sure his lack of a left hand is why we lost the game. He had a few r****ded turnovers and now his passing sucks? He is selfish andcdiesntboass it during fast breaks? Come on, if I don't defend against r****ded comments against Lin or any Rocket, I am not a fan, period!

Now, do I see r****ded posts unfairly criticizing harden. Yeah, I see those, and I think they're r****ded as well but if you dont think the hate against Lin is much stronger, unprovoked, and extreme, you're not seeing this fairly.

Here's an objective challenge. Watch the next game thread and see who is starting all the instigations and see how Lin fans comment when Lin makes a mistake. Most fans dog him as they should and even the adamant Lin fans ask McHake to sit him down, etc. but then, the inevitable Lin is not athletic enough tobe an NBA player or disparaging him as the worst starting of in the league and calls for him to be traded (good riddance they say) come out in droves. And what's funny is, it's not even the right reasons, they're hoping he gets traded!! Lol, they don't even know what it is, they just don't like him.

Flamingdts, I've seen you around enough to know where you stand, just watch the next game and see who starts what. If Lin does bad, see if Lin fans make excuses or if Lin fans dog Lin but start defending him only when the vitriol becomes too strong and unbearable, and usually with the wrong criticism, lol.
    And if Lin does well, see how many people wrote it off as a meh game, and how it is just another sign of inconsistency until he has another bad game which incontrovertibly proves Lins scrubiness. Ill keep an open mind and see who does what and if its r****ded Lin fans I promise to you that I will attack them.

14. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

That's really not true.

Jeremy Lin takes criticism towards his game, a good number of them are unfair criticisms.

James Harden gets criticism towards his character. He gets called selfish, a statpadder, a poor teammate etc.

Now, maybe it's possible that in terms of concentration, there are more posts and criticism focused towards Lin. But in terms of actual content of the criticism? Some of the stuff said about Harden is downright appalling to say the least. Does Jeremy Lin get called out for doing "evil" things to his teammates? I assure that has been said about Harden.

I'm aware of unfair criticisms towards both players, but nothing annoys me more than when posters attack the character of a player with literally no evidence whatsoever other than pure speculation.

15. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

That's because the bad ones got removed and went off to make Yaomingmania, only the decent ones were left. Maybe you're onto something though, maybe another round of natural selection is in order.

16. Jedster

Jedster Member

I can't believe I'm back here. I'm truly a sucker. :grin:

Anyway, thanks about the style thing. But regarding your other comment, I was mainly referring to how some Lin fans really try hard to defend and explain Lin to known haters. I admire their unlimited patience, but I don't have the generosity in me to continue wasting time.

No attempts to convert ppl here. Don't like Lin or his fans? Good for them. The less fans he has the better...less people to battle when you're trying to get his autograph.
    ;)

I should apologize for the Country Club comment though. Although it's a reflection of how I feel, it's adding to the garbage, so I was wrong to say it.

17. RiceRockets

RiceRockets Member

It's not "Lin fans" or "LOFs" that are the problem, but the "crazy, obsessed, just found out what a basketball is last year, couldn't name a Rocket from last year other than Parsons LOFs" that drive me, and I'm sure many others here like me, nuts.

I have heard (mostly on online chat and Lin Youtube videos) some of the most ridiculous dribble about Lin being the next Jordan or better, and the usual "screw McHale for not giving Lin 300 possessions and game" / Harden sucks and should pass to Lin more... anyway...

I think there is way too much unfair player/coach/head office bashing over some player making a mistake in a game or having a couple bad shooting nights or whatever in general.

18. TJ VS TR

TJ VS TR Member

Cool, cool, it's not necessarily generosity, it could be enjoyment no?

19. Jedster

Jedster Member

Well it's true that a person could enjoy it. But the purpose of putting a counterpoint out there is so that the person you are responding to could/might understand what you are saying.

But anyway, let me not be discouraging. I'm glad you're on board. Welcome!

20. TJ VS TR

TJ VS TR Member

I hear you, but you guys can just bash them in those threads or ban them or whatever, don't have to make such a big deal, ruining Clutchfans and enraging other normal fans. In other words, don't be corrupted and become like them.