1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

This LOF vs.LOH stuff is destroying Clutchfans.

Discussion in 'ClutchFans Feedback' started by lid1013, Apr 24, 2013.

1. TJ VS TR

TJ VS TR Member

Same as above.

Well I guess it's my fault for not being clear; or it could the hate that's blinding people?

2. TJ VS TR

TJ VS TR Member

O, another one, I apologize again for being unclear. Again, I was just saying that it was not out of the realm of possibility that McHale is not absolutely objective as to his evaluation and treatment of Lin. I'm not saying that McHale is a mean b*stard and I'm not saying that he certainly was picking on Lin; but why are you so sure that he's not picking on him?

3. hitman1900

hitman1900 Member

Why are you so sure that he is picking on him?

4. TJ VS TR

TJ VS TR Member

You could call me LOHH, annoyed by LOHs.

5. TJ VS TR

TJ VS TR Member

Come on:

6. hahachui

hahachui Member

Good Points...
    I said LIN is an AVG starting PG in the league....and LOFs just think I am a Hater.....sigh...

7. nebula955

nebula955 Member

Pretty sure it's just the LOHs destroying the board. Half the threads on this forum are random Lin-hating crap, possibly spawned by random Knicks fans trolling. LOF are delusional at times, but not nearly as negative as the trollthreads.

8. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Again. I will repeat.

Rocket fans who were here last year would probably be aware of the reason why Jeremy Lin was waived.

If you were not a Rocket fan last year you have two ways of approaching this issue.

1) Ask Rocket fans why Jeremy Lin was waived, and understand why there are no connections whatsoever.
    2) Claim McHale has the authority to waive players and, after resigning the player he waived last year, now wants to pick on him to reaffirm his ego of waiving him in the first place. In other words, claim McHale waived Jeremy Lin, and has resigned him in order to make sure he doesn't succeed.

1 person likes this.
  9. aurocketfan

aurocketfan Member

Ye, the place has turned to ****e.

10. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

:eek: NO, we got logic!

I love Lin and really hope he succeeds. In fact, I'm pretty sure he will bearing injury just given how fast he's progressing this year. I want Lin-sanity back! Or, maybe controlled lin-sanity... if that's possible.

11. Jedster

Jedster Member

LOL, you're not allowed to, you minion. Uniformity of opinion is encouraged.

(Disclaimer) I agree with Raskol, and I do not own any Jeremy Lin stocks.

12. sweetness1

sweetness1 Member

Perhaps, but clutchfans isn't representative of the rockets' fan base.

The fans who attend games are well-heeled, married, and bring their kids and family members to games.

The fans who post here are primarily single dudes in their late teens to mid twenties, high school and college students, and those just starting out in the workforce, with little money to spend.

The kids who post here are working out their sense of identity, whether it's with race, their identification with certain players, and tend to argue relentlessly about topics that have no clear cut answer, hence the endless repetitions of insults and lines in the sand, which ultimately serve as a waste of time.

The rockets' org. is in fine shape; the forum members are incredibly confused, hyper-emotional, and don't have a firm grasp of who they are just yet (whether it's in their career, love life), and therefore tend to hyper-identify with the only powerful entity in their life, which is the rockets' organization.

All of this is clouded by a false sense of ownership of the team, a false sense of racial pride (asian, white, black), and a vastly exaggerated sense of importance of what is in reality a very simple, casual hobby which should hold little importance in a person's life except as occasional recreation (watching basketball games).

Once these forum members get married, have families, and develop a sense of pride in their occupation, and/or community, they will realize who trivial and stupid some of these arguments are.

Until then, without a firm foothold in the adult world, they're left to fritter away their time arguing with one another about nothing.

13. TJ VS TR

TJ VS TR Member

I don't believe that he had sole authority to waive players but you are saying he had absolutely no say in waiving Lin? Like him and Morey never talked? His opinion was not valued? He didn't have control over Lin's play time. Lin was apparently at the very end of the bench when he was a member of the Rockets and that had absolutely nothing to do with McHale's evaluation? Like McHale really like Lin and thought he could be a star distributor but had a fight with Morey and Morey waived him anyways?

There could be some bias, like calling him an energy guy or making him into a spot up which is not suitable for him.

Resigning him just to make sure he doesn't succeed? That is way out of line and sounds like blinding hate.

14. DXtreme

DXtreme Member

Dude, Lin sucked at game 1 vs OKC, so did the others, so what's the problem?

15. TJ VS TR

TJ VS TR Member

Logic has gone so low nowadays it has become totally subjective, complete group think. If what you're saying fits my partisonship, it's logical.

16. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

I am sick of the whole Lin hate; Lin love threads. Maybe they can have their own thread or own forum where they can go at it 24/7

17. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Ban this man

18. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Ok, whatever. Common sense than?

You can almost always say is there a chance of this or that.

There is a chance that McHale really really like Lin last summer, but you know he was waived anyway for very good sound and logical business reason.

19. dragonz

dragonz Member

To me LoF and LoH are equivalent to "idiots" and "assholes", respectively.

there are people who is stupid enough to think/wish their idol has the super natural power of a comic hero, and always win at the end

and there are people who gets high at bullying internet posters over some sports fandom, so they can finally enjoy some fun in their miserable fuking life

which one are you?

20. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Clutch City united a city, created this site and put Houston on the NBA map. Linsanity is a pretty cool ride, but unless he unifies Houston or wins a championship, he'll never catch up to Hakeem's Rockets' legend.

It's completely unfair to compare him. I like him for what he is, not some dream of endless stardom. It's about basketball, not one player.