1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchCity.net Game Thread: Clippers @ Rockets 3/12/2003

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Mar 11, 2003.

1. C-Kompii

C-Kompii Member

The Clippers are without Brand and Kandi man, if we lose at home to them, I would have serious doubts about our play-off credential.

Rocks win.

-G'day-

2. SoSoDef76

SoSoDef76 Contributing Member

The Rockets in the Chronicle today talked like they had respect for the weaker teams now. Let's hope so. Magette has been stepping up lately. He needs to be stopped.

3. WinkFan

WinkFan Contributing Member

Is Kandi back yet? I noticed he didn't play the last game. They're starting Cherokee Parks and Shawn Rooks. I want to think there's no way they'll look past this game, but at this point it wouldn't suprise me.

4. johnvv

johnvv Member

ooppsss....

Rooks gets to be Ming's bike....it'll be a ride in the Park(s)
    Andre Miller becomes a shooting guard for the day
    Odom gets checked then decked by Posey Griffin
    Wilcox gets lost on offense
    Maggette does a Mobley...... 0 for 11!!!!
    Francis...for lack of a better word...DOMINATES ...hopefully

5. supermagichero

Rox 90 Clipper 122

Because Brand is not in Clipper, they will have a huge win over Rox. (Clipper is even worse and Rox never win a worse term.)

Rox will completely forget Yao. Yao will get about 4 points at 2/2.

6. supermagichero

7. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

The Rockets have to defend well throughout the game.The Clippers are somewhat similar to the Nets.They are quick and can finish very nicely around the basket but don't have strong shooters apart from Piatkowski but if the rest of the players are left alone they get make their shots.Stopping penetration will be important but we can't afford to let them take open jumpers.
    One on one play won't help either but better ball movement can lead to open shots.The guys have to put them down. Yao will also have to handle the double teams better.
    I think Francis put it into a nutshell that we are tense against teams that we feel that we should be able to beat which is not a good sign.
    The guys should realize that they also have nothing to lose against anyone if they work hard as a team like they were doing against some of the stronger ballclubs earlier on.

8. Alirules

Alirules Member

Must win. No excuses. Blowout. Please outscore Clips in the 1st quarter and the game.

9. ZRB

ZRB Contributing Member

I was in my prime then. I used to average around 9.7 posts per day.

Since then, it's been all down-hill.

10. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

Well in ZRB's defense the Rockets have improved just a little bit. You can't have a billion negative posts when you dont SUCK (that much).

;)

We going down tomorrow.

11. GladiatoRowdy

GladiatoRowdy Contributing Member

I hope that Rudy sat the guys down over the three off days and rammed into their heads that the reason they have won the last 2 games is DEFENSE. I am drooling to see them go back to the hard nosed D they stuck to in the beginning of the year. I have to give the benefit of the doubt to Rudy. He knows how to motivate guys and I think the Rox improve with solid D the last 20 games.

Rox - 89
    Clips - 72

12. lalala902102001

The clippers are playing Rooks and Parks up front. That has to be the worst starting frontline in the league. :D

So the strategy for the game is simple--dump the ball inside and let Yao do his thing.

Rockets blow out Clips 95-76.

13. daoshi

daoshi Contributing Member

Clippers should not beat any team in a series, so it's about the time for them to lose.

Rockets: 92
    Clippers: 86

14. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

Rox: 96

Clips: 83

ZRB: Older and more feeble poster as Rox continue to win.

15. jamalccc

jamalccc Member

They are gonna use Wang Zhizhi to defend and post up on Yao. Wang owned Yao when they were both in China. The trend will continue tomorrow. Wang has 25 points, 11 boards, 2 assists and 3 steals(all from Yao). Yao has 10 points, 5 rebounds and 7 TOs. Clippers win 101-72. Rudy resigns during the media conference. Francis, Yao and Griffin get released the next day. Yao signs a FA contract with the Cavs. Francis heads back to the Grizzlies and sits behind JWill. Griffin goes back to Seton Hall for his junior year just in time for the NCAA tourney. Moochie goes bald and starts. Cato plays SG. Rice wins the slam dunk contest next year. Rockets moves to North Dakoda, and the new GM is DaDakoda. Sadam Hussein buys the Rockets, and lowers the ticket price...

I'm sorry, I am just too tired. Time for bed. Good night yall.

Rockets 91 Clippers 79

16. jamalccc

jamalccc Member

17. 41Fan

41Fan Member

Good team defense, good even shot distribution...Less one on one from the gaurds...more screens, give and gos, and extra passes...These Rockets play better when they focus on the basics with a glut of players who can score in a sound system. Let's lose the chaos and focus both on team offense and defense. Playoff run begins tonite...easy win...the CLips are floundering.

Rockets 98
    CLippers 82

18. kelsey_tam

kelsey_tam Member

rox loss, how could you "respect" a team when you think they are weak?

19. Severe Rockets Fan

Severe Rockets Fan Takin it one stage at a time...

I'll like it whenever you're finally banned, hell the Jazz board you post on can't stand you either...and thats pretty sad.

20. qrui

qrui Member

:D :D :D :D