1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Keep your heads up

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by vstexas09, Apr 21, 2013.

1. roxxy

roxxy Member

It was our first playoff game & our guys were nervous. Hopefully they learn from this. Mchale just needs to make the necessary adjustments. Sit Smith & start Carlos & cut it out with the Bev Lin Harden line out. It is awful. Guys need to settle down & not be so nervous.

2. aurocketfan

aurocketfan Member

This.

Why is everybody's expectation so ridiculously high on this team?
    We're going nowhere against OKC. But on a positive note, Our players get to feel what it is like in the playoffs and along the way they get to pick up some valuable experience. I couldn't be happier about that.

Though i do feel that if we wanna be relevant in terms of getting to the next round or perhaps beating the elite teams, we need to land a star or two.

3. farmer_jays

farmer_jays Member

BELIEVE!

RED NATION!!!

4. rocketsmetalspd

Team will bounce back but McHale needs to go more than 8 deep like he did in the first half.

5. Shawndme7

Shawndme7 Contributing Member

+10000003949023842343452

6. Dentyne

Dentyne Member

Thank you for being positive!

This is just the beginning.....they're getting experience now to help them in the future.

GO ROCKETS!!!

7. nickb492

nickb492 Contributing Member

I want to be positive but I also have tickets for Game 4 and do not want to watch in person what happened to them tonight. They were shell shocked and hopefully will gather themselves up for Game 2. On the positive note.....at least Brooks got to play.......:p I think I just figured out which Rocket t-shirt I will wear if they are down 0-3. Got my Aaron Brooks t-shirt ready.

8. ihatekobe

ihatekobe Member

I still believe. If we would of won that game it would be a miracle.

If we win the next game we will have retaken home court advantage as easy as that.

9. Dentyne

Dentyne Member

You should still go.

Would like to see the fans in Toyota Center rock like the OKC fans.

We rarely see them get loud and cheer hard for the Rockets, well they don't show it on tv or league pass.

It's kind of quiet and laid back.

I think it would help the team more to hear the fans get crazy loud and supportive

10. nickb492

nickb492 Contributing Member

Oh there is no way Im missing that game. Playoff atmosphere is the best time at the Toyota Center. It's the loudest it ever gets during those games. I'm just happy they made it. Just want them to win game 4. Also for them to be competitive to show free agents in the summer that signing with the Rockets would led to a contending team.

11. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Wrong. We don't have the pieces yet, and the glaring hole in the starting lineup is a star PF to be named.

Asik and Smith are a ZERO offensively, and the way Smith played defense tonight was close to embarrassing, with a whopping -34.

12. hahachui

hahachui Member

Lin is an average Starting PG...which makes him one of the worst PG in playoff

13. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

I think it's time to root for the Spurs and Pacers

14. Little General

Please stop and post these kind of crap somewhere else!
    We want to stay positive in this thread!

15. Bublanski

Bublanski Member

agree.

The rockets are the youngest and most inexperienced team in the nba. I expected an ass whooping. People need to have patience.

Its not our time. People expecting them to beat the eventual western conference champions have their priorities in life messed up.

Patience, its not our time.

16. seeingred

seeingred Member

Heartbreak and ass kickings are good for you. Jordan, hakeem, shaq, kobe, clyde, etc. all caught a playoff beatdown or two before breaking through to the next level.

17. Rocketman1234

Rocketman1234 Member

Kevin Mchale has done a great job this year given the roster he had

18. HOUSTONJS

HOUSTONJS Member

"In youth we learn; in age we understand." - Marie Ebner von Eschenbach

Looking forward to seeing this team grow and learn from everything. Rockets!!!

19. Roxs-Redemption

Well said, OP. Thanks for the encouragement everybody needs. Heres my contribution
    [​IMG]

20. Morlock O

Morlock O Member

Excellent Thread! at least it is worth reading... unlike the new knee jerk threads in the garm....