1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

David Lee out for season.

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by jacoby, Apr 21, 2013.

1. yakitori

yakitori Contributing Member

Bummer. The Warriors are a fun team to watch and I had hoped for a good series with the Nuggets. Originally thought this series would go to 7 games... Gonna go with Denver 4-2 now.

2. victorx91

victorx91 Member

Definitely huge hit for the Warriors. When Rush was healthy, he would play stretch 4. Without Rush or Lee, they only have Landry now at the 4. Last night they were playing Harrison Barnes when Landry was on the bench. Landry was missing a load of wide open midrange jumpers last night, which is what Lee does best. If Bogut can somehow step up on the offensive side, they'll be fine. They will definitely be better defensively with Lee gone. But Denver's huge defenders in Iguodala, Brewer, and Chandler eat up Warriors' favorite lineup of Curry, Jack and Klay. Warriors will win a game or two at home, but Denver will advance. Oracle is nuts.

3. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

Really unfortunate. To play through a season just to get injured in the first playoff game?

4. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

Still much better than the Rockets in that area.

5. Juxtaposed Jolt

FIFY. ;)

6. NotInMyHouse

NotInMyHouse Contributing Member

Feel bad for the guy.

7. Dentyne

Dentyne Member

I hope he has a speedy recovery. All GSW fans can hope for David is that he comes back next even better than this season.

Wish the GSW players good luck for the rest of the series. They worked hard and played hard all year.

The GSW team reminds me so much of our Rockets. A bunch of good guys!

8. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Me too. People make fun of his defense, but he's been as consistent a contributor as anyone in the L this year. Just really cruel fate, as he's usually so durable.

9. cjtaylorpt

cjtaylorpt Member

People feel sorry for David Lee but talk crap about Rose (Yes, I understand the situation).

10. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

Roy Hibbert ‏@Hoya2aPacer 3h

I really don't like @Dlee042 but I really hope he has a speedy recovery. Hate to see guys get get hurt or injured.
    Expand

David Lee David Lee ‏@Dlee042 2m

@Hoya2aPacer Good to know our dislike is mutual, that being said I appreciate the tweet Roy!
    Hide conversation

11. J.R.

J.R. Member

Bad back too

Last season, he played nearly a month of meaningless games with a sore back and strained groin so bad that they eventually led to a stress reaction that required surgery to repair torn abdominal and adductor muscles.

For about the past two weeks, his back has been killing him. He hasn't wanted the information to be reported, and he has tried to hide a bulky ice pack he uses during game stoppages with his shooting shirt.

"The only other option was to not play, and you guys who know me know that was not something I was even considering," said Lee, who hopes to avoid surgery for the hip injury and plans a full recovery by training camp. "It's very disappointing, but I know I left everything on the floor."

12. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

Warriors looking good out there tonight

13. Juxtaposed Jolt

Random coast-to-coast rivalry? lol