1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Official Fire McHale Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by FTW Rockets FTW, Apr 19, 2012.

1. ahhh

ahhh Member

:((((((((( I hope Les is pissed.

2. Jovial

Jovial Member

McFail constanstly proves himself a total loser.

better to fire him before the play-off. otherwise, it's 0-4 run for sure.

3. Da Wink

Da Wink Member

if we'll go 0-4 in the series, expect him to be out...

4. parksn306

parksn306 Contributing Member

I've always thought this team won in spite of McHale. Everyone is so results orientated, but no one that saw that Laker's game could possibly think McHale is a good coach. I think a lot of people's eyes were opened on ESPN tonight. You could hear JVG's disapproval of McHale grow during the game.

Fact of the matter is McHale is NBA royalty so everyone loves heaping praise on him. Coach of they year? Why doesn't anyone mention that we have the worst defense, most turnovers, no set rotation and no half-court offense?

Since it's now accepted that Harden is elite, no one is pointing out that other team's have figured him out. Paul George just said what the whole league already knew. Over the last 2 months he's shooting less than 39%. If you take away blowouts against scrub teams, it's much lower.

I've compared Iverson to Harden a few times, the parallels are just so obvious. Weak coaching leading to a player that shoots too many bad shots, doesn't play defense, relies on refs to bail him out, and plays too many minutes which leads to pre-mature decline. Even the way they rack up assists is similar.

Harden really has a chance to be an all timer, for his sake, I hope they find someone that's better at developing him as a player, rather than enforcing bad habits.

5. Xsatyr

Xsatyr Member

I always felt Mchale was brought in bc he is a good coach for a rebuilding team. The Rockets outgrew him already though. I guarantee you all he will not be our coach next year.

6. Kiddsir

Kiddsir Member

How can u let a Morey's legimate candidate Coach of the year Go?
    Explain it Morey .Or I'll chant COY COY COY at the last game in TC

7. King1

King1 Contributing Member

Should we fire our PG for going 4-14 and getting outplayed by Steve Blake in the biggest game of the season?

8. furior

furior Member

Instead of firing him, we should trade him!
    He doesn't fit into Mchale's playbook.

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  9. Steal&Deal

Steal&Deal Member

Ahhhh..... CF finally see the light. Took you 82 games geniuses.

10. thekad

thekad Member

Unless the Rockets regress next year, I can't see Les and Morey letting McHale go - as bad as he is. We might be stuck in a Scott Brooks situation which is pretty depressing.

I wonder, after playing Delfino at center, if McHale is dumb enough to start Greg Smith against OKC.

11. King1

Unfortunately, we couldn't get anything for him outside of a half eaten bag of cheetos and a Harold Minor bobblehead.

12. King1

To realize LOFs are idiots? That only took about a week

13. RiceRockets

RiceRockets Member

Yeah Lins sub pattern is hardly the problem...

14. sean joh

sean joh Member

Our COY candidate is outplayed

15. sean joh

sean joh Member

Kevin Mchale is just not a good coach.
    His coaching staffs should get blamed too. They are responsible for collecting the data in order to manage the rotation and make in game decision.

16. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

All I know is that when McHale took over and his assistants were hired for him all the talk was that we'd still be running the same system as under Adleman. Or at least relatively close. The games I have seen look nothing like that. Motion offense works and is so much more effective than isolation ball. I loathe iso plays.

17. pacmania

pacmania Member

you mean plays like this. Not since the Boston Celtics fraternity came to town.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/upkTVPYb4i0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

18. raskol

raskol Contributing Member

You're right. We should "fire" Lin. He's a d-leaguer. He can't even keep himself out on the court. He's so bad, even when he plays well, he gets benched. He's allergic to the court.

19. kastuul

kastuul Member

Mchale should be fired if Rockets can't win a game in Playoffs.

20. King1

You are completely clueless. Criticize a coach who has led a completely new roster (and the youngest team in the NBA) to the Playoffs while overcoming the loss of his daughter but idolize a PG who has been wildly inconsistant all year. Gotcha. Hope your Jeremy Lin hair doll arrives safely