1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

WE WANT PHIL!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by swyyyguy, Apr 18, 2013.

?

Do you want Phil Jackson?

1. Yes, I want the Zen Master!

62.3%
  2. No, I like Kevin McFail!

9.2%
  3. OMG JVG PLZ.

28.4%
  1. apcgamb24

apcgamb24 Member

Too bad Mchale isnt going anywhere. He gets the benefit of coaching the youngest team to the playoffs, even though I believe we couldve been better with another coach. I really want JVG, but Morey has just beem praising McHale all year. Besides, it would sound really messed up for a coach to get fired if he led the youngest team to the playoffs. It would just look bad for the rockets front office

2. BigBird

BigBird Contributing Member

No that'd be stupid and he would clash with the FO. Stop it.

3. BlueJazz

BlueJazz Member

Hahaha that is funny :grin:

4. SeabrookMiglla

yall are haters. the bottom line is that our players did not execute down the stretch. they move the ball find up until the 4th when the defense clamps down on them. i dont think mchale intends for harden to hold the ball for as long as he does, but i also think it is part of the teams fault for not taking the initiative to call for the rock either. in one of the last possessions in the 4th quarter when mchale called that long time out, harden brought the ball up and asik set a screen at the top of the key but harden was obviously looking to pass it to someone because he didnt drive. parsons was all flailing his hands up like wtf, but the bottom line is that our shooters were standing around too long and should have moved and got open more. harden straight looked confused with nobody to pass to and as a result a TO happened with less than 2 min.

its probably more difficult for harden to trust fellow team mates when coming from a strong team like OKC where you have team mates begging for the ball. here it seems like players are timid to take the final shot

5. roxxy

roxxy Member

LOL No I do not want PJ.

6. Kwame

Kwame Contributing Member

Phil Jackson would be great for this team, but I have no faith in Uncle Le$ to make it happen.

7. Honey Bear

Honey Bear Contributing Member

Phil is too good for this team and his intuitive decisions will conflict with Morey's need to make a bunch of lateral, pointless moves to let all his fantasy basketball buddies know he knows more about statistics than they do.

Houston Rockets, recent history

2012-13: 45-37 (8th seed)
    2011-12: 34-32 (9th seed)
    2010-11: 43-39 (9th seed)
    2009-10: 42-40 (9th seed)

If being mediocre felt good, than Morey fans would actually be right

Ohhh if loving me is wrong, then nobody wants to be right

8. BasketballReasons

BasketballReasons Contributing Member

Morey still needs to deliver two important pieces for this team to be a championship contender:

-Another star to pair with Harden
    -A star-caliber coach

Road is long!

9. King901

King901 Member

LOL im dying, nice zig zag lines. I mean euro

10. ahhh

ahhh Member

Wow, so should we loose every game because not everybody on this team is a superstar that executes perfectly every time.

If McHale is indeed saying the right things in the time outs but our team is still not executing, then that means he words our empty, ineffective, and therefore those are the wrong words to use because they don't chance the mentality of the team, don't get them fired up, or simply the players don't respect him.

11. Windchime

Windchime Member

Want... but I don't think he'll come. Will settle for JVG though /wishful thinking/.

12. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

Voted for JVG. If we hire PJ, he is going to be like a secret agent for the Lakers. He is going to lose all the games we play against Lakers. PJ is going to be with the Kings franchise in Seattle. It is very close to his hideout. In reality, we only have a chance with PJ, if Mr. Alexander gives him a piece of the pie. We all know that is not even remotely possible.

13. Rocket Booster

Just please no Jeff Van Gundy. He's the worst offensive coach in the NBA in recent years.

14. TJ VS TR

TJ VS TR Member

Most hated coach but he's good.

Also Jerry Sloan, same thing.

15. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

JVG would be amazing for this team.

16. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

We need coaches to give the players some hands and brains. It's a shame the Asik can catch an alley oop or score with his back to the basket. G Smith can catch anything but once again can't score with his back to the basket. We don't put Howard in the pick n roll with Greg Smith at center. Howard is not coming out of the paint go check James and Greg can actually catch the ball via an alley oop, pass, etc... and finish. Asik has the worst hands of any big in the league. Please sit Harden down right after he dribbles out the shot clock and passes to JLin with 0.1 left on the shot clock and we're surprised that Lin misses.

17. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

You don't need a star coach to win a championship (spoelstra or how ever spell it)

18. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Not when you have Lebron and Wade and a bunch of vets. Seriously???

You need a good coach with our guys, that's for sure. They look awfully confused at times.

19. AustinPowers

AustinPowers Member

FIRE MCFAIL!!

That's 2 games in a row he took away the HOT hand (Lin) in the 3rd quarter and let him rot on the bench. WTF is going on!

20. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

We can't afford him!