1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Lakers 4/17/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 16, 2013.

1. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

I don't agree w/ McHale going w/ Delfino guarding Gasol...wtf is that all about?? You simply asking for trouble. I really think McHale sucks at substitution...he's horrible i think. I don't question his game plan but his substitution is just bad.

2. YoungGods

YoungGods Member

I said almost and thanks to Jermaine O'neal's goaltending.

3. kfmfe04

kfmfe04 Member

Agreed - there's too much blame on our backcourt tonight (the blame should go to our coaching). LA won on good defense/rebounding/match ups.

4. muas2010

muas2010 Member

If you go full ISO like this game....I'd just leave Beverley in there and hope for the best. Having you playmaker camping out in the corner is probably not very useful.

5. landryfans

landryfans Member

Wrong, JVG cant bash an old Hall of fame who just lost his daughter in front of national TV, so he said some PC stuff to cover for him.

6. roxxy

roxxy Member

Yeah that is why I am not really to mad about there poor shooting. My issue is with Harden passing the ball of so late in the shot clock, Lin not hitting bloody FT's & McHale & his bull**** line ups.

7. Akim523

Akim523 Member

What? Shooting 3s with a hand in the face? No, we moved the ball and got open looks! Thats how we can score 1/3 of our points off 3 pointers.

I seriously wonder if you've been watching games this season, you are still not getting it. Our game is based on ball movement, not Harden ISO. I dont give a flying rat arse about whether Harden can break down defense 1 on 1 or not, because it does not give us best chance to win games and it sure DID NOT work this game. Remember that 6 game losing streak? Yea thats exactly how we played. ISO after ISO, minimal ball movement.

Of course I'm mad we lost to an inferior Lakers team who has been struggling all season long, we had our chance but WENT AWAY from our own game that got us into the playoffs.

And could you please stop putting words into my mouth, I've never said even once that we are a contender this year.

8. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Yep. I've been saying it all year long. They get really hot and win a lot of games on talent...I've always thought this and nothing has changed.

The world saw it tonight, I'm glad it's being exposed in a way because this can't continue into next year. It just can't.

When the answer was to then ISO Parsons that says it all right there. It's the reason this team plays much better when they run...because they don't have to set up any thing.

When the Spurs or any other NBA team is desperate...they go to a go-to play. When McHale is desperate this is what you will see.

ISO Harden
    or
    Play Small ball and jack up threes.

I'll give McHale credit...maybe he motivates this team somehow...but his XandOs are really bad. If we just ran a few plays we simply win this game tonight...and no telling how many other games we would have won.

It is amazing that this is a top 5 offense in the NBA while BARELY running any set plays. That's really amazing to me and I just wonder what could be if we actually ran plays.

ISO is cool and all...but really every single time down the court? That just makes it so easy for the defense.

9. gate470

gate470 Rookie

When have we not gone all ISO, especially in the 4th???? It almost seems like, we start with Lin the first half and then the second half we ISO. Is it because Lin's not effective? Mchale prefers the ball in Harden/Parsons hands? Teams make adjustments (obviously, I know this is one of the reasons)?

It's not gonna change in the playoffs...

10. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

The camera panned on Lin while he was on the bench and dude looked kind of down. Then Jeff Van Gundy made a comment about how well Beverley plays and that it's sometimes hard to take him out (or something to that extent of sharing mins with Lin). I think sitting for so long did effect Lin's game but in the end they are professionals and should be ready to play at any given time.

11. YoungGods

YoungGods Member

Classy as always.:)

12. gnozahs

gnozahs Member

Gasol and Howard had like 18 rebounds each and defended the paint perfectly. Good for them.

13. AuburnRocket

AuburnRocket Contributing Member

Ha...you're not a Rockets fan...now there's a surprise. I thought I smelled an agenda and know I know. BTW, it's over but the officials missed the call if you are a D League fan.

14. muas2010

muas2010 Member

Can't disagreed with you on this.....

15. Akim523

Akim523 Member

But it's hard to take Lin out when he plays well?

JVG made a good point, and I would like to see some sort of consistency in terms of coaching from Mchale.

We had a 8 pt lead, it was gone when Lin's on the bench.

16. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Your argument is so much better.

1 person likes this.
  17. HOUSTONJS

HOUSTONJS Member

Jalen Rose did has a great point. Since Asik or Greg aren't offensive threats, they could solely focus on just locking up the paint for James and Jeremy and that is exactly what happened. I saw James and Jeremy pick up their dribble in the lane a couple times each.

18. lomahtw

lomahtw Member

you are probably right. the lost of his daughter is such a tragedy that is very touchy. No one wants or dares to touch the topic. Sometimes I even feel fans here thinking the same thing too.

19. Remix02

Remix02 Member

This team is where it just based on talent. McHale has nothing to do with it. With a decent coach and I bet we have 50 wins at least.

Morey put together a good bunch. Now just need to find a good coach.

20. LoLin

LoLin Member

I noticed that, too. The first play when he came in, Parsons was open at the free throw line and wanted the ball. Instead of feeding him the ball, Lin tried to get his shot. I think he was trying to get his stroke back, albeit not a good decision.