1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Lakers 4/17/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 16, 2013.

1. kianainhi

kianainhi Member

Does that really surprise you? My friend was saying that Jeremy said the f and s word together. He was pissed.

2. muas2010

muas2010 Member

Damn game became so predictable....coach D was probably all smiles when Lin was sitting the bench all that time. This game had great flow until Lin was subbed out in the third.....once the game became close it became panic mode for McFail resorting to the loss cause of iso Harden. Harden is talent but not talented enough yet.....very winnable game.

3. LoLin

LoLin Member

Lin's missing too many open shots tonight, no excuse for his poor performance this game. Both he and Harden held the ball for too long for many possessions in the 4th Q while nobody was cutting or setting screen.

Just bad habit/execution that need to be worked on.

4. Rox Addict

Rox Addict Contributing Member

Amen Brother !!!!!

5. trock

trock Member

He missed open threes as well. He did not perform in the 4th. But neither did our 'superstar' or our coach. This team is not made for playoff basketball right now. Oh well. Looking forward to hopefully at least one win vs. OKC then next year.

6. itstheyear3030

That small ball lineup cost the Rockets the game. Not only did the Lakers destroy the lead, they also put the team in penalty in that time. Thus, even though most of the Laker's scorers were pretty inefficient, they still kept the points coming.

I've tried to be patient with McHale...

7. javajam

javajam Contributing Member

Oh well. What's done is done. It's been an amazing season. See y'all Sunday!

8. tada

tada Member

We are blaming exactly that. It's coaches job to create those kinds of ball movement plays. But McHale decided to let Harden play ISO by holding the ball for ****ing 20 secs at top of the arc and just pass to whoevers at 3 sec left. U can't see that?

9. BlueJazz

BlueJazz Member

Harden sucks tonight. Harden sucked last game. Harden doesn't defend. Below average players drive by Harden for dunks. Harden ISO ISO ISO.

Yeah we are so happy.

10. Remix02

Remix02 Member

Snatching defeat from the jaws of victory. McHale needs to go. I am utterly convinced that this team is in the playoffs just based on talent. It is not because McHale has done such a great job and should be up for coach of the year.

McHale has no clue. The regular season is over and there still is no regular rotation. He doesn't know how to counter an opposing coach's moves or lineups. His substitution patterns often make no sense. He has absolutely no feel on the pulse and flow of the game. He doesn't know how to manage and instruct his players. He doesn't step up and call out his star player when needed. His incompetency was on full display on national TV tonight.

Kevin McHale is a bad coach.

11. VanityHalfBlack

Durant now has 50 pts on the Rockets so far... Going for 60 in 3 mins... I'll give updates...

12. josephnicks

josephnicks Member

everytime i read a LOF post, i get flasbacks to YOFs.. damn rockets holding lin back the way they held yao back..

13. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Howard absolutely destroyed us down low.

And people wouldn't want him over Asik, lol.

14. XIrocket

XIrocket Member

Lakers are getting by spurs parker will rape blake

15. gate470

gate470 Rookie

I thought so too. But I just wish we would have won.

16. parksn306

parksn306 Contributing Member

This isnt about Lin, how can you call so many ISO's out of time outs when literally NONE of them worked?

17. Akim523

Akim523 Member

Are you surprised player miss open 3s or something? last time I checked Curry was shooting 45.5% from 3s, wonder all that 54.5% were contested?

No, Lin was 2-5 from 3s going into the 4th Qtr, thats 40%, well above his season average( in line with his 3pt shooting from Feb).

I've been fairly critical of Lin as of late, but this game is not on anyone but Harden and Mchale.

18. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

That was some of the worst late game offense I have ever seen.

19. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

I fear how bad this 3 pt style will fare in the playoffs when a great defensive team like the Thunder will slow it to a crawl. They will force the Rockets offense into a slug fest half court grind. Without an interior scorer for us, it will be a cacke walk for them.

20. Epik

Epik Member

Yeah the offense was starting to click again in the 3rd and Lin sat because I think McHale wanted Beverly's defense to close it down but the offense grinded to a halt and everyone lost their confidence on offense AND defense.

Once the lead started chipping away he had to make the decision but he waited for 6 long minutes into the 4th to put Lin back in. The lead going away by 2 and 3 until it was completely gone by the time Lin re-entered.