1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Lakers 4/17/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 16, 2013.

1. roxxy

roxxy Member

That was just awful. Lin & harden played very poorly but McHale's coaching wasn't much better. Putting Delfino on Pau was so dumb.

2. adobo

adobo Member

Guys I have to admit Mchale was making some really frustrating decisions this game and I generally think his a good coach. Im just venting my frustrations because of this loss and what I could see from this game. This game, our offense

Firstly, leaving beverly until the 6 min mark till the lead dwindled to 0 was a really big mistake. Lin play is very much linked to how confident he is feeling, his confidence would have been shot seeing the coach prefering beverly over him even tho obviously the lead was going down. Not only that, leaving him on the bench for over 11 min, he would have been ice cold coming in while the momentum was on the lakers side.

Secondly, the end of game plays called at the end of the game was really questionable. Pretty much all the plays created were for a cold Harden who was really struggling at this point. Parson's on the other hand was feeling it, but you don't see much plays made for him. Basing all your plays against a struggling Harden is not only going to hurt the team but also Harden's confidence.

I hope Mchale can learn from this and make better decisions in the play offs.

3. Rox Addict

Rox Addict Contributing Member

When did I say that ? You need to chill out man !!!!

4. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Nah man. Lin bricked wide open shots and played horribly as well.

But I know the agenda for some of yall, bash Harden to prop up Lin. As usual.

5. Tommyboys

Tommyboys Member

just to be fair, jeremy ran some isos too later in the game he was cold as f@#k
    dont know why he played the whole OT, he wasnt doing anything might of as well jsut put in delfino for the 3, jeremy didnt really look like he gave a **** at the end

6. tvd

tvd Member

right on man:grin: awesome:grin:

7. glacier921

glacier921 Rookie

NO YOU GOT IT WRONG!!!! It's 3 point lead for the Lakers.

8. coach41

coach41 Member

CSN Bay Area just replayed the Harden / Howard play again. The news guys were saying "maybe Harden got fouled".

I'm sticking with what I saw live and still think it's a no call. Harden drove in, initiated contact with Howard. Harden tried to force up a shot with Howard's arm held straight up.

Your comment made it like Howard raked Harden's arm intentionally. From the replay, Howard's arm NEVER came down. Harden tried to force up a shot with a bigger defender. Howard did the right thing in keeping vertical.

You can disagree with me but the fact is the official no called it. The Rockets did not lose because of that no call. The game was lost way before that. The no call just sealed the deal.

9. VesceySux

VesceySux Contributing Member

I hate to be melodramatic (yes, I'm a little pissed and emotional), but this was the turning point game for the franchise, and the team blew it. They had a chance to finish ahead of the Lakers (with momentum), take it to the Spurs, get to the 2nd round, and become an attractive spot for free agents.

Instead, the team chokes their way to the 8th spot, will likely get swept by the Thunder (in blowout fashion), and go into the summer with little forward momentum and a stink hanging over the franchise. As a result, no good FAs will sign with us, leaving us again with an 8th seed type of team. (The Lakers, of course, will get past the Spurs, and Dwight will re-up.)

Sorry for the pessimism, but I feel like we're going to look back at this game often and always wonder what could have been.

1 person likes this.
  10. josephnicks

josephnicks Member

lol you guys blame the guy running the iso, but what about off ball movement?? you can set a screen for someone that doesnt have the ball and try to get an open shot. guys just stand there and watch harden so he has to play hero ball and force something. asik sets a screen every now and then but hes useless that far away from the basket for an effective pnr..

11. HTown_TMac

HTown_TMac Member

I seen all game.. Harden was scared of Dwight. He had his man beat, but still would rather step back.

At the same time, when he did drive he didn't go up strong, and Dwight protected the rim (tho the pass was always there.)

12. ComeBack

ComeBack Member

Never mind that wasn't the only thing. When we needed points instead of drawing up/running a play coming out of a TO we do ISO Harden. Can we do something else for once. An actual play we can run that looks good.

13. aesthetics80

aesthetics80 Member

Thing is McHale always plays small ball without a playmaker on the court! It's always Parsons + Delfino + Bev + Garcia. At least put Lin out there, he could create for teammates. Instead you have Parsons and Delfino trying to playmake.

14. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

LOL. Honestly the second maybe, but even van gundy said lin's second brick was because he and Harden held onto to the ball to long. The first one Harden found him with over 13 seconds left. Harden was bad, but LOF's like to use him as an scapegoat.

15. swordghost

swordghost Member

nice try on comparing the youngest team to the defending champion..

16. yohimbe505

yohimbe505 Member

How about the one where he tried forever to shake free from Meeks and then finally gave up and passed it to Lin 3ft behind the 3pt line with 4 seconds? That play was ridiculous.. and still stand by my thinking that if that had been lin milking the shot clock Harden serves as a much, much better bailout option than Lin does... just reverse the reversed roles and let guys do what they've been doing their whole lives.

17. Akim523

Akim523 Member

Any fan would have all the rights in the world to blame Harden, it's on him. Whether it props up Lin is not the issue here.

Lin was 4-9 going in to the 4th qtr, 3 missed 3s were all shot-clock prayers.

18. glacier921

glacier921 Rookie

LOL...

19. titanfan

titanfan Member

20. kfmfe04

kfmfe04 Member

HTF did we lose to a 36.7% shooting LAL?!? (we were 41.7%)

Post-mortem shows Gasol/Howard rebounds killed us: 57 vs 46 (team).