1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Lakers 4/17/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 16, 2013.

1. trock

trock Member

It was pretty evident today that there's a lot of room for improvement on this team. No one is performing under pressure.

2. GoRox2013

GoRox2013 Member

I think this game was the worst played game for these reasons:

·Harden showed he truly is a scary lil bitc#h and selfish. He missed open shooters 3 times and had no business handling the ball in the clutch. He is NOT worthy of that superstar tag

·Mchale playing small at the beginning of the 4th quarter w/ Gasol & Howard was the DUMBEST move I've EVER seen as a coach. That was the worst thing you've could've done in that situation. Also he absolutely had no clue who he wanted to take the last second shot

·Lin needed to TAKE those shots and stop hesitating like a puss.

Overall, we're gonna get swept because our best player is our most selfish and our coach refuses to hold him accountable

3. rayfantastic

rayfantastic Member

with 3 seconds on the shot clock when he got the ball.:eek:

4. RRockets

RRockets Member

Don't forget this: when PB was sub. in, Houston had 8 pts lead; when he sub. out, Houston was 1 pt. behind Lakers.

5. titanfan

titanfan Member

no common since= MORON

6. Juxtaposed Jolt

I counted at least two where Harden held the ball for 19 seconds, then passed it to Lin to decide what to do with it.

And Lin was forced to jack a three.

7. ComeBack

ComeBack Member

I blame McHale for 1 thing this game. That stupid small line up that just pissed the lead away. He kept with it for soooooo long it got me angrier the longer it went on. I had to turn off the TV to keep from punch the screen. It was one of the dumbest things ever. EVER!!!!

8. yunac010

yunac010 Member

Well.. we did go with Parsons ISO instead of Harden in OT. Ended up in a TO.

9. Camaro ZL1

Camaro ZL1 Member

Yes sir I totally agreed. Lin was hot then sat out too long and McHale toss a bucket of ice cold water on him.

10. SeeingRocketRed

When Howard (or any other defensive minded center) is clogging the lane, and Asik isn't being defended at all (because he has no apparent offensive game when he isn't getting the ball from the pick and roll), the whole offensive "scheme" collapses. The other team's center just sits and waits to cut off all penetration, which kills the drive and kick game, which forced us into isolation ball. Well, forced is a little bit strong, let's just say that's what the Rockets do in response to that stimuli.

What would be appropriate coaching to respond to this? Draw up backdoor/baseline attack plays with Howard drawn away from the basket by early penetration from the direction of the top of the 3 point area? Screen Howard from the play with your PF and attack Gasol instead of Howard? Put in a center with post moves to make Howard stay home and defend?

11. Kiddsir

Kiddsir Member

Great Post. thumb up

12. AuburnRocket

AuburnRocket Contributing Member

I personally don't give a hoot in hell for someone that lost and laughed.The Phoenix Suns losers of I believe 7 straight home games whipped us up and down the court. And yeah, I complain about a win sometimes...like when the same pitiful Phoenix teams outplays you on your home court and it takes a game ending miracle to win.

13. HTown_TMac

HTown_TMac Member

Dwight > Asik..

I think that was proven this game.

14. Danpan

Danpan Member

I understand your point. Though Mchale is the least experience out of all those coaches you mention, a lot of people do observe that he has a poor feel for the game, doesn't maximize his roster, doesn't make adjustments, and makes too many mistakes and odd decisions. I don't think he has the qualities to be a good coach.

15. Penetrate&Creat

A few of those bricks were caused by the one and only Iso-harden with his last second passes. And he had only 2 TOs this game, compared to Harden's 6.

Just saying. This game was pretty much thrown by harden. With that said, yes Lin fricken sucked it up when we needed him the most.

16. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

People gonna blame Harden, Blame Lin...

I ahve always thought that the Coach has prevented this team...yes this team as constructed...from actually being a solid 4-6th seed.

All we ever do is ISO. He doesn't call timeouts when teams are making a run or make any changes...and has odd substitution patterns.

I just think this team could do so much better, just think how good they are now with such a basic middle school offense vs if they actually ran a complex offense.

17. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

ASIK WAS SETTING REALLY GOOD PICKS ON THE ON BALL TONIGHT.

18. boiler

boiler Member

Lin was really bad after came back in the 4th quarter. I guess being benched for a long stretch for no good reasons finally got into his head.

1 person likes this.
  19. i meow a lot

i meow a lot Member

I actually have a headache from watching that game. What the hell was up with Lin's minutes again. He was heating up, then sat for an hour, came back cold, forced to take a couple "Harden pass with 1 sec left on the clock" jumper. Bringing me to my next point, how much of this iso crap is Harden being a one dimensional chucker/cancer, 8/25 really? that's the norm for him now btw, and how much of it is Mchale's coaching? Feel free to give insight, wanna know what u guys think...doesnt matter if we face OKC or Spurs, our biggest weakness is on the sidelines, Mchale vs any coach

20. yohimbe505

yohimbe505 Member

But wouldn't it be smarter to let Harden get those spot up three's on passes from Lin?