1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Lakers 4/17/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 16, 2013.

1. liunatic

liunatic Member

Young players tend to iso when they get tired and when they are pushed up against the wall in crunch time. It takes a lot of experience, skill, and training to execute plays, etc.

As upset as I am about the loss, I truly believe that this IS the game that we NEEDED to happen. Too many games were we bailed out by ISO like behavior, which has been quoted many times as something McHale HATES; and because we have been bailed out by it so much, we learn to rely on it. This game should open the eyes of many of our young players that we still need movement to succeed. I don't see why running plays at the end of a game when there is still 2-3 minutes on the clock can't be just as effective as iso (I understand ISO at end of quarter since it is clock management) .......

2. steady

steady Member

This team can be so much better.

3. edlkf

edlkf Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Dont blame Harden, his brain is damaged. Blame MWP.

4. YallMean

YallMean Member

Look forward to the next year.

5. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

As bad as harden was, lin was just as bad. those farsical bricks in the crucial stages of the 4th. dumb turnover and etc. All you do is bash harden, but it seems u have some real agenda

6. stylus8088

stylus8088 Member

I feel like Rockets got complacent in the after they were leading by double-digits. Eh, we're in playoffs. I just hope we don't get raped that badly.

7. tada

tada Member

We sooooooooooooooooo had this game. Until McHale decided to go with small in the fourth qtr. Gave up too many fouls in the beginning. Then Harden ISO all the ****ing way. I never ever seen McHale draw up any plays this season. Whay kind of coach does that? Just ISO and ISO and ISO? Doesn't Morey use his advanced statistics on coaches?

8. platypus

platypus Member

As soon as coach had Carlos guard gasol I felt that we were gonna lose the game...

9. RickyNewport

RickyNewport Member

Obviously you feel it was Lin's fault since your flipping out about it...

It's plenty blame to go around for everyone.

10. rocketsmetalspd

The past couple years the team was too small but now with having enough bigs McHale decides to play small ball at the wrong sections of the game. Starting the 4th was the key to the game. Had a 10 pt lead, refs got the Lakers in the penalty early, and the Lakers had Gasol and Howard starting. Why not match up with bigs McHale?

11. titanfan

titanfan Member

thats hillarious

12. tinywang

tinywang Contributing Member

To be fair, Lin missed some crucial crucial 3s down the stretch.

13. Akim523

Akim523 Member

Ok Im calm...This loss is on Harden and Mchale, too many ISOs, there's absolutely no ball movement starting from the 4th qtr.

ISO ISO ISO ISO ISO.

Best offense my arse.

14. rayfantastic

rayfantastic Member

Guys, we need some people who know bball to provide some context. He gets screens EVERY time, often double screens from howard and gasol. Who do our guards get screens?

1 person likes this.
  15. glacier921

glacier921 Rookie

If you rationalize that we did good this season by getting 8th place and choked in tonite's game, losing to the sun's and lakers when we have more talent, and saying at least we're in the playoffs, it certainly points you as a mcfail apologist.

16. houtown

houtown Member

Edit: My bad, meant Beverly for Lin substitution killed momentum.

17. RocketsRed14

RocketsRed14 Member

Our record says otherwise. Maybe some people are happy that they exceeded their expectations and are in the playoffs as opposed to the more experienced team last season. At least they didn't choke away playoff hopes.

18. Rox Addict

Rox Addict Contributing Member

Isn't that what he draws up every game :) lol

19. TheLastPope

TheLastPope Member

dude gave Lin the ball 3 times with 4 on the clock in the 4Q

20. Akim523

Akim523 Member

You can't possibly blame Lin for those missed threes.
    He got the ball with 4 or less seconds on the clock with a defender on him.