1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Lakers 4/17/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 16, 2013.

1. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

Gotta love D12. The minute Kobe isn't there to keep this fool's head on the game Dwight takes what should be a dire situation for the Lakers (and his reputation) and reverts back to to yucking it up with the media like he did in Orlando.

2. howo13579

howo13579 Member

Don't know who will be guarding Blake. If it's Harden, I'd be worried.

3. Visagial

Visagial Contributing Member

Gasol is going to kill Smith, Mr. jump at every ball fake.

4. solid

solid Contributing Member

Not if he stays earth bound; Smith is much stronger than Big Bird and quicker.

5. MiracleShot

MiracleShot Member

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/MQlbO8oX7M4?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    <iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/9_PoLB8_cWw?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

6. finsraider

finsraider Member

I really think we should put Asik on Gasol, rather than Howard. Asik is better suited to guard someone like Pau, and Smith has a better chance to matchup athletically with Howard.

7. IamKhan

IamKhan Rookie

Lin should. Blake is the kind of PG (slow) Lin should be able to shut down.

8. HTownTmac1

HTownTmac1 Member

well lets see if our coach can figure out the best matchups... hopefully he does an awesome coaching job every game from here on out!

9. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

I'm 100% terrified by the officiating crew they are rolling out tonight.

The NBA WANTS the Lakers in the playoffs at all costs and the NBA would much prefer an LA/San Antonio/Denver & Houston/OKC matchup for the first round in terms of ratings.

I'm calling a complete sucker punch from the refs tonight.

10. CCM721

CCM721 Member

If you're worried about Steve Blake then you worry too much.

11. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I think he'll switch with Omer.

12. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

The Blake Mamba scored 23 points vs the Spurs. He will score at least 30 against Houston.

13. instar

instar Member

Yeah.. he's about 43% from 3 and you know how much we love to give up 3s.

14. apcgamb24

apcgamb24 Member

Yes, but no one thought James Harden would be this good and emerging himself as a superstar. If I had known that, then sure I'd say we'd be an above .500 team. Yeah, maybe they exceeded expectations, but seriously, some people are getting so happy just for a playoff spot and possibly an 8th seed. The way that our 4 core guys have played this year and the way we pretty much blow out a team every week shows this team is good and I think it's about time our fans start to expect more from them. I understand that this was a rebuilding year, but we still signed 3 guys to contracts totaling 130 million. Remember this team was 9th for the past like 2 years and they didn't have a superstar like they do now. Everyone talks about how this team can be a finals contendor with one more star and I agree with that, but if you really expect that to happen then you have to at least expect more from this team with already one emerging superstar to be better than a possible 8th seed. Some fans are just satisfied with mediocrity

15. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Wait....I thought Jones was an undersized, unathletic big? Smh....

OP, thanks for posting the video.

16. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

When we do win this game tonight it will be huge for us going into the playoffs

17. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

OK if we want to call out the refs we have to do it ahead of time. I hereby proclaim that the Lakers will shoot more free throws than the Rockets by a 2:1 margin, even though Harden has the most FTA in the league.

18. IgotNext

IgotNext Member

I'm getting really anxious for this game to start........ RUN and GUN ROCKETS!!!!!

BEAT LA!

19. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

Lets not leave Gasol open mid range

20. bratna8

bratna8 Member

Yup, let him put the ball on the floor and scream like a girl when he drives.