1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NYC Rocket Fans -- Playoffs Viewing Venues?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DREAMsTeam, Apr 17, 2013.

Tags:
  1. DREAMsTeam

DREAMsTeam Member

Now that the QUADCORE Rockets are back in the playoffs and I am stuck in the middle of YelloMeloLand .... was wondering if there are any other fans in the NYC area who would like to watch the playoffs at a local bar?

2. Visagial

Visagial Contributing Member

Hope folks respond. We had a small group of Clutchfans get together for a couple of games in the city about a decade ago during Yao's 2nd year. It was fun.

3. vicykandy

vicykandy Member

I believe as Rockets sticking to this core team and progresses it will happen again. Can't wait for that to happen next season when I start working in NYC.

4. vicykandy

vicykandy Member

By the way I might be in NYC during Rockets' playoff, so if everyone decides to meet somewhere I will see if I can go.

5. drumbum

drumbum Member

I'm down to meet up for the playoffs.

6. rockets13champs

i live in Ny too

7. Sen89

Sen89 Member

Wish I lived in NYC, love the city so much.
    Austin is where I reside for the time being...

8. Postcall

Postcall Member

Wish I could be there but I live (and will likely die) on Long Island

9. DesiDishoom

DesiDishoom Contributing Member

Good idea! I'd definitely be down to meet up for one of the games.

Some suggestions:
    • Idle Hands in the LES (show some love for the lone NYC Texans bar. They have a big projection screen too)
    • Standings in East Village (never been myself, but heard it's excellent. Guaranteed to have the game audio)
    • Professor Thom's in East Village
    • Kinsale Tavern in the UES (great beer specials and tons of TVs)

But I'm open to other spots too!

10. munco

munco Member

That was probably the group I started up thanks to CF. I forget where we even met up, maybe it was Riviera? It was back in 2003 or 2004 though. I'm sure the thread is still on the BBS somewhere. Anyways I'd be down to meet up for the playoffs!

11. Visagial

Visagial Contributing Member

Hey Munco. I remember you dude. I think you brought a Yao bobble head so we could find you!

12. djperm

djperm Contributing Member

I'm in NY for April and possibly May. I would be very interested in weekend games as I work weeknights. Cool idea :cool:

#12 djperm, Apr 17, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2013
  13. DesiDishoom

Any suggestions for spots in the city to meet for tonight's game?

14. anchel

anchel Member

Another fan here living in Manhattan. Today I watched the Knicks game at Snap.

15. bonny1

bonny1 Member

I'll fly to Houston to watch the games.

16. hairyme

hairyme Member

Alright, so it looks like everyone here wants to meet up somewhere... but a "somewhere" was never decided on. I'd be happy to lead the way and pick a place, but I know nothing about sports bar options in the area.

Anyone know of a place showing the game with audio for sure? Depending on work, I'd most likely join in.

I can only high-five my invisible friend while watching an internet stream so many times...

17. DesiDishoom

A couple of my friends are meeting at Standings on 7th and 2nd. Smallish place but great beers on tap and they have a ton of TVs and will definitely have the game audio on. Lets get some CF representation there! I'll be the one in the red "Houston Basketball" tee.

There were some friendly but hardcore OKC fans there for the last couple of games so the banter is awesome/hilarious as well. Could use the backup!

18. Spooner

Spooner Member

I live in NY. If you guys get it sorted, I'll try to make it out

19. Spooner

Spooner Member

I watched the finals last year at the pour house. So crowded with D bags just trying to get some, I couldn't see a tv. I left and went to St. Marks Ale House for the rest of the series. Great place to watch the game. They have all screens showing the game with loud sound. Everyone is there to watch basketball. Really awesome time. Good drink specials too

20. jman255

jman255 Member

HOUSTON St. seems to be a good, thematic location to meet (despite the disrespectful mispronunciation).

I'll definitely try and make it if something gets set-up....The mid-townier the better ;-)